iDeneb v1 10.5.4

329 posts in this topic

can anyone help me and tell me why my wifi isn't working on this install and it has on previous ones specs below. And what I mean by previous is I've installed then reinstalled this software because of sound was not working. Please help I've also tried the driver pack from 10.4.5 and did all that jazz and still nothing..

Trowsk

Try to select:

AppleNForceATA

Nvinject GS

IOUSBFamily ....

You selected these first?

If yes, you can tell me the error that appears when you boot with -v?

Thank you

I can't even boot from DVD, all I get is "waiting for root device"

I get stuck with the White and Gray Apple in the middle of the screen with the loading graphx. left it over night 6 hours to see if it would push through didn't work..

Amd Athlon x2 5200+ Asus M2NPV-VM Cossair 2 gig WD 80 Gig And Ait 3780 PCI-e

Any Ideas anyone?

This seems to have worked perfectly on my Asus P5B. I did have some issues with my ATI Radeon HD2900 Pro but I was able to overcome this by not installing a driver on the initial install, going into safe mode on the first boot (using the -x flag) and then following the steps in the HD series sticky on the graphics card section of this forum.

So far I can confirm sound, video and LAN are working perfectly and am just about to test out Time Machine.

Need help installing it

alright so i install it and everything but when it restarts after the installation is complete my system just reboots and does not even go to the white apple loading page it just keeps on reboothing...any suggestions on what i am doing wrong

Hi All,

Does anybody tried this on DG33TL motherboard ?

I installed on my DG33TL and works fine on my SATA hard drive except 2 problems.

1. Any OS X install DVD should be present in the DVD Drive. If DVD drive is empty, then i get error from Intel boot agent

something in the line of "PE-EX Media Link failed. Check your cable, Intel boot agent exiting". (Not exact error words)

2. I have Apple USB to Ethernet adapter and i think it is Ax8817x chipset. I have to take it out and re-insert in order to work.

Anytime the system goes to sleep, i have to re-insert the USB ethernet adapter.

Any idea or suggestions to fix this ?

Thanks

Here is my system config:

Intel DG33TL motherboard

Core 2 Duo 2.66 Mhz.

eVGA 8500GT PCI-Express 512MB

Pioneer IDE DVD-RW (with IDE to SATA adpater)

Seagate 160GB SATA drive

Apple USB To Ethernet Adapter.

solved didn't install any video drivers

Now it won't let me get past do you already own a mac then it sends me back to main keyboard LOL

@ gurukool u select ps2 ?

as far as the video card kexts go, u could have booted into safe mode (-x) and remove the kext after login and to solve the loop problem do the following:-

1. disable ur NIC from BIOS

2. boot into single user mode (-s)

3. /sbin/fsck -fy

4. /sbin/mount -uw /

5. /sbin/mount -uw /

6. passwd root ## (dis will ask u to enter a new password)

7. touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone (dere is no space between /.Apple...)

Ur default user name will be root

waiting for root device error -.-

try installing from external dvd-rom

i actually had to use both my internal and external dvd-roms to complete the installation. I booted with my internal sata dvd-rom and when i got to the waiting for root device, i inserted the DVD in my external USB dvd-rom, give it a try

anyone help me with my wifi problem I don't know what to select any more :) I had it working on ideneb once and now can't get it back :( please help I've must of loaded this thing 15 different times to get the right combination

Specs below

Would appreciate help and can donate to paypal if sucess breaks through again I how tired of installing mac all day when I'm on vacation help the birthday boy out :) ( seriously it's my birthday)

Thanks in advance trowsk

explain nuts ?

like black with grey line white with blue lines

black or blue screen of death

my moms standing behind and you can see her yelling at you nuts ?

and also does it get into the boot cycle or does it end at the beginning

can you get to the end of the boot cycle and then it goes nutz more info please

Got wifi to work now WOOT now all i need is my cd drive can anyone tell me the kext for the cd drives i think there all universal right ?

Hi,

I installed ideneb, rebooted and everything worked great. Quartz was working, keyboard fine, ethernet worked flawlessly, etc,etc,etc...

HOWEVER,

After using the system for an hour or so, I did a restart and was not able to get back in. Every time it starts with the darwin prompt, then it loads about 15 seconds into the grey apple loading screen, then suddenly I hear the hard drive make a reset sound and the system reboots. I tried booting with flags -v -f -x -s but same thing every time. Thought it might be a bad install so I reburnt the disk at a slower speed, reinstalled.... same exact thing.

Here are the options I chose when inatalling:

AMD

9.4 Modbin

nForce apple controller

nvidea 256

forcedeth network controller

I tried to pick out the errors in Verbose mode... don't remember exactly what it was but something like "waiting for boot volume with UUID" and "warning: phy connection failed"

Desperate here... please help!

M2N-E SLI

AMD Athalon 64x2 6000+

300 GB ATA/ 500 GB Samsung

2 GB 800 Mhz Ram

Nvidea 7600GT XFX Fatality

fot the WI-fi, select onlyy "Atheros Wirellles adapter" and not Tiger-IO80211!, who kernel have you? For time machine in the forum there is one fix,..for the reboot!The kernel :) !

Sorry that I just saw this, because I just broke my Computer and had to reinstall it again...(damm Vista...)

So, first Thanks, but:

1) I tried all Time Machine Fixes that I found (Installer, Modified Kext, Kext from Leo4all...) and nothing works...then I recognized that I haven't a preferences.plist and a NetworkInterfaces.plist...

2) I've only seleceted Atheros Wireless Adapter, but the 5007 is simply bull*****, it will never work... :P

3) I chosse the Speedstep Kernel, but on iAtkos, Reboot and Shutdown works with the same Kernel...

4) What is going on with my Drive? On iAtkos v4i, it is recognized after installation...Which ext should i try?

I can't seem to burn this build! Extracted using WinRar, Archive Utility. Tried to burn it using Disk Utilility, Toast Titanium, PowerISO, LiquidCD... None of that worked. Downloaded the build twice, both gave me a 3.68 Gb zip file (please use RAR next time...), both once extracted gave me a 4.38Gb iso file.

Checked the md5. The worse part is whenever I tried to burn the iso it makes my computer lags big time, on Vista or Leo!!! Apart from Disk Utility that gives a gentle but incomprehensible error message.

WHY? I can't see what I did wrong. If someone encountered that before and solved it, I'm thinking of passing on that release which is a pity!

I can't seem to burn this build! Extracted using WinRar, Archive Utility. Tried to burn it using Disk Utilility, Toast Titanium, PowerISO, LiquidCD... None of that worked. Downloaded the build twice, both gave me a 3.68 Gb zip file (please use RAR next time...), both once extracted gave me a 4.38Gb iso file.

Checked the md5. The worse part is whenever I tried to burn the iso it makes my computer lags big time, on Vista or Leo!!! Apart from Disk Utility that gives a gentle but incomprehensible error message.

WHY? I can't see what I did wrong. If someone encountered that before and solved it, I'm thinking of passing on that release which is a pity!

So, if the MD5 is right, it's the Burn-Programm, the Burner, or the Disk is too small :P , I think...try to Burn with ImgBurn, this maybe helps.