iDeneb v1 10.5.4

329 posts in this topic

After i chose the right NIC and soundcard, it runs perfectly on my ASUS P5W DH Deluxe.

Great work!!!

Did you use a SATA drive? Also any advice to what settings I should choose in the BIOS? I've got the same mobo and I'd like some help... thanks!

hi guys, i have a compaq presario c767tu laptop w/ windows vista installed. I'm a windows user since HS so i think its time for a change now. I want to try Mac OS X but unfortunately i'm lack of budget right now. I just had my laptop 3 months ago.

So what i did is installed a iDeneb 10.5.4 OSX86 on my laptop and try Mac for the first time.

Everything is running clean right now. The only problem is that my wifi device is not detected as well as the built-in audio. Bought a usb wifi from cdr-king and got me connected wirelessly. Here's a snapshot of my OSX86 w/ parallels desktop installed.

parallelscs0.png

I recently got a Toshiba M305D-S4829 and I gt this very nice release to install with the AHIC setting in the BIOS for the Disk controller. Here are the Hard Ware specs:

2.0GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 RM-70

4GB DDR2 RAM

ATI Radeon 3100 with 256MB vram

Atheros Wifi (not detected)

LAN (sorry I can't find the mfr)

Upon completion of the install I got the following:

1. No QE/CI (expected with ATI 3100)

2. No Lan/Wlan

3. Strange USB behavior. For example with the Hawking (Ralink) USB wireless adapter installed the profiler shows the adapter in the USB section but the Ralink wireless US software cannot find it.

So close, yet so far.

Alex

Hey,

downloaded this cd last night and tried to install without luck.

Every time I end up with a kernel panic, caused by the Intel Cpu PowerManagement kext.

Tested every kernel, old, new vanilla, patched but no luck.

Running an Intel quad core 6600 on an Intel Desktop Classic board (DG31PR) with Intel g31 chipset.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Hugo

Looking for any direction, this is my first time actually installing OSX86.

Specs are as follows:

- Asus Crosshair Motherboard

- AMD X2 6000

- NVIDIA nForce 590

- 8GB DDR2 800mhz (PC2-6400)

- Installing on a 160gb IDE.

- NVIDIA PCI-E 8800 GTX 768mb

- TDK 88ON DVD ReWritable IDE

- Audio - ADI 1988b

Thanks ahead for any clear direction such as boot settings, etc!!!

Finally i installed iDeneb in my PC see my sign

LAN = work without patch

Audio = work with AC97 + AppleHDA patcher

Video = my ATI Radeon X300 support in OSX it show my device id correct "0x5B601002" BUT without CI/QE

Need help to Enable my video Card CI/QE Please give me any advice ????

____________ every thing work good except video card THANK YOU iDeneb ALOT _____________________

Is there any way to get this Image working with SB600? It won't start the installation,every time it shows, "Still waiting for Root Device"?

I hope anybody knows something about this.

edit: Well, i got it! :) The Installation is starting, i hope it works, this is the only image that supports my lan controller, is there any way to get a ati x1250 working? any drivers are available?

greets

Before I go too crazy trying to get this going (search topic yielded nothing) has anyone had any luck getting this to install on an nForce chipset based mainboard, like a evga 680i based one?

I'm guessing before I try that sata will most likely not work, but aside from that should I be expecting any other issues?

N4P

Hey how did you fix the problem? my does the same thing is stuck on (waiting for root device)

i have a dell inspiron e1705

thank you

Is there any way to get this Image working with SB600? It won't start the installation,every time it shows, "Still waiting for Root Device"?

I hope anybody knows something about this.

edit: Well, i got it! B) The Installation is starting, i hope it works, this is the only image that supports my lan controller, is there any way to get a ati x1250 working? any drivers are available?

greets

Did you use a SATA drive? Also any advice to what settings I should choose in the BIOS? I've got the same mobo and I'd like some help... thanks!

I use 3 SATA HDs

Bios settings:

execute disable function: enabled

enhanced c1 control: auto

jmicron: disabled (cause i dont use it)

plug and play OS; yes

Suspend Mode: S3 only

ACPI 2.0 Support: Yes

dont remember anything else yet. There was something with ahci and the hds. Without that it wont work. Must look into bios tomorrow again.

Hi I'm new to these forums. I just built a Shuttle PC with the following specs.

SX48P2 Deluxe Barebones Chassis

Radeon HD4850 video card

2x2Gb DDR3 1600 ram

Samsung 22X DVD Burner

100Gb SATA laptop drive (temp solution so to see how well OSX works with my system and so I don't mess up my vista install)

After much trial and error with Jas and iATKOS 4i I could not seem to get them to finish an install. I finally downloaded iDeneb and after a false start with what I think was either a bad or dirty disk (or burnt to fast) I got it up and running. Since this has not taken over for my desktop yet I've not tested the sound but I know the network works at least. Haven't tried sleep or suspend yet.My questions are thus...

1. When I look at about this Mac it identifies my ram as DDR2 1066. Does this mean that it is running my ram at a slower speed than it should or just that it doesn't know how to identify it correctly? Is there a fix?

2. Are there proper drivers for my video card? I have looked but only see stuff for the Radeon 3850. I don't plan on using it for games much (at least on the Mac side) but it would be nice to get full use of my card.

3. Are there any programs or guides to test for functionality? IE: What would be the best way to test that everything is functioning correctly? Things to look out for?

I managed to install and it runs pretty smoothly but i seem to have 2 problems:

- shut down is not working and

- S3 sleep mode is not working.

I use vanilla kernel on a standard Gigabyte P35 DS4 board, 2 SATA disks and 1 SATA DVD.

Can someone explain what i may need to re-install?

P.S. I also don't have too much a clue about Mac yet.