iDeneb v1 10.5.4

329 posts in this topic

I'm installing this on a brand new

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L with a 2.4 Quad Core Intel CPU. This recognizes none of my network cards. I even have a PCI card which works on all other releases ive tried.

I have a friend running this without any issues. Don't know how to go from here.

iDeneb worked for me! I gave up on Leopard after many crashes under iAtkos.

For Dell 4600, P4 SSE2, I used Nvinject 128, 9.2 kernel, ICH chipset fix and AC97 audio. All is well for now! Just got a few problems with iCal crashing, but that is not a big deal. No random crashes as of yet.

:(

for my system, ideneb is much much better!

i tried kalyway 10.5.2 > 10.5.4 and lost my audio (before i found the taruga patches)

the only kext i need to add here is my x1800xl card

my wifi works after install

ps. also dont install the firefox that came with it unless you know how to speak italiano

props to ideneb for making this!

Wifi doesnt work for me. i have a Linksys WMP54GS PCI card. its supported for 10.5.4 but its not working T_T help?

Check witch hardware revision you have on the card. It shuld be a note somwhere on the PCB.

Hi,

is it possible to install this version on nforce3 chipsets?

My Hardware is:

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (nforce3, ALC850)

AMD X2 3800+

Geforce 7800 GS AGP

2GB Ram

2x IDE HDD (1x160GB with XP and Vista, 1x 400GB)

1x SATA HDD 500GB

1x NEC 3520 DVD-RW

I have the "Transfer from another mac" problem all the time, and yes I have test to boot in -s mode and these commands:

-s enter in a single mode

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw

passwd root

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot

But then I reboot and login my laptop may hangs time to time if I do something, like open "System Preferences" so Im not able to do anything.

Can some one help me, I want to let vista go for my laptop here :wacko:

My laptop is a Acer TravelMate 4270

Intel® CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz (Intel Core Duo T2300)

ATI X1400

1GB RAM

120GB

On the installation I just pick the vanilla kernel etc.. I got sound and all seems to work until the register part, I have tried a lot of OSx86 builds and nerver got the network card or the wireless to work maybe thats the problem or? I selected "Atheros Wirellles adapter" I will try with other settings but on my desktop (AMD) I installed the first Leopard version with vanilla kernel etc and all worked out of the box there :D

/reed

Thanks for this release. However I can't seem to get it installed. I've thoroughly done my research and here's my results. I'd really appreciate aid in helping me get this installed.

I've unplugged both my SATA drives, I'm installing from a PATA DVD-R to a PATA 250GB Maxtor. Dusted these off just for this.

Mobo: Asus P5W DH deluxe, no o/c

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6700, @ standard 2.66ghz

RAM: Ballistix Tracers 2GB, running at 1:1 ratio (so it's like 533)

I burned the ISO with Magic ISO at x4. Walked away from my PC just in case.

I fire up the PC with the disk in the drive, but... I get stuck on:

"STILL WAITING FOR THE ROOT DEVICE" (repeat until you collapse).

Note that I booted in verbose so that I could see what was going on.

If there's anyone out there that can help, I'd appreciate it.

(edit: it's my first try at a OS-X install attempt.)

Well, this has to be the best install I've ever done. Basically EVERYTHING works 100% ouf of the box. Using the Vanilla 9.4 kernel

Intel Quad Core 2.4GHZ

Gigabyte EP35 DS3

4GB RAM

Nvidia Gforce 7600 256mb

The first couple of installs my Audio wasn't working at all. It seems I was choosing the wrong drivers! I ended up choosing ALL the sound drivers, and mine was there :unsure:

Cheers!!!

Tried it, you should better fix that installation problem for new versions, I won't keep it and switch back to kalyway, too many things to fix/add/remove for my system. But I'll keep the DVD for plundering the applications and the italian language pack

Finally; success!

I have iDeneb 10.5.4 up and running (booted directly from the hard drive, too!) with my long-time SSE2-based Olde Cerberus (ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe, P4 2.6C, 2 GB DDR-400 triple-booting this, openSuSE 11, and Vista Ultimate x86).

Installer selections:

9.2.0 sleep kernel

ICHx patches/fixes (safety net, because I have ICH5)

PS/2 fixes (both keyboard and mouse are PS/2)

AC97 drivers

ATI X1650PRO AGP drivers

The direct-from-the-HD (WD Caviar SE 80 GB PATA holding only iDeneb) boot one-ups JaS 10.5.4 (which I could only run booting from the DVD reading from the HD). The system is running 1600x1200 @ 75 Hz NI (ATI Radeon X1650PRO AGP, 0x71c1, Visiontek and Built-by-ATI, both manufactured by Visiontek Products, LLC). Now I need to see if the graphics settles down, now that I have the display properly set up. Once that's confirmed, I have some minor nitpicks to knock down.

Nitpicks: No QE support (no hardware acceleration, either; are the two related?), false red light on networking with all Intel 8254X series Ethernet (it does work, despite the red light).

Raves: PS/2 support (keyboard and mouse) is rock-solid, Chameleon is both included *and* is the default bootloader (this brings EFI support to SSE2-only CPUs like my Northwood-C), truckload of included applets (while Firefox and Skype are Italian-only, all others match whatever language you choose as the default), more included non-standard wallpaper (the two from-space Earth pics are included with some Linux distributions, but are nice backgrounds for other operating systems as well [i'm using Earth Horizon as my wallpaper]; to see them in Leopard is a nice touch).

Rants: None. None at all. (The problems I personally have had with iDeneb are literally unique to my hardware and install media; they aren't the distribution developers' fault.)

If there's anyone out there that can help, I'd appreciate it.

(edit: it's my first try at a OS-X install attempt.)

I had the same problem while trying to install iDeneb on my pata.

Sick of the "still waiting.." message I tried to install it on my sata.....Bum!

Worked perfectly.

Notice that before I had the leo4all working on my pata...dunno.

Thanks for the heads' up. I used my PATA as it was an older disk that I had in the drawer--seemed like it still worked fine when I checked it in Windows.

I'll give the SATAs a try.

in theory iDeneb's OS-X should support my nVidia 9800GX2 correct?

Again, thanks for the help.

More from the land of iDeneb:

Yes; the ATI x1K drivers work.....somewhat (X1650Pro AGP). CI is present (in software), but no QE or QGL (or hardware acceleration). The AC97 support is solid. The same issue with Intel gigabit from 10.5.2 is present; however, the same trick I documented to jumpstart it still works.

I suspect the QE issue is driver-related (by the by, Chameleon 1.0.11 works a treat).

Has anyone found a way to get CI/QE working with the X1K series (AGP, of course) in 10.5.4? (From what I've seen so far, 10.5.3/10.5.4 are different from 10.5.2.)

Work perfect out of the BOX!!!!

i still can read my NTFS HDD

anyone can help?

TIA

Can or cannot?

I triple with openSuSE and Vista and have no problems reading my Vista partition from Leo (or openSuSE 11, which shares the HD with Vista), which is on a separate *drive*.

Okey I did manage to get it to work pretty good so far. Why it hangs after I try to enter "System Preferences" (see http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=857991) I did a reinstall and then unchecked my graphic card ATI X1400 and selected Intel GMA950 driver instead but after installation I got stuck on the welcome screen but after bypass that its normal now.

Any idea how to get my video card to work now after the installation? I only have resolution 1024x768 I want to have 1280x800. And the other problem is how do I get my network card to work.. hope its possible and even the WiFi card.

My computer spec are:

> Mainboard : Acer, Travelmate 4270

> Chipset : Intel i945PM

> Processor : Intel Core Duo T2300 @ 1666 MHz

> Physical Memory : 1024 MB

> Video Card : ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

> Network Card : Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

> Network Card : Broadcom Corp BCM5789 NetLink Gigabit Ethernet

What I installed was:

9.4.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3)

ICHx Fixed

AppleAzaliaAudio

- Ethernet: Intel100ProVE + AppleBC5751

- Wireless: Ahteros Wifi Adapter maybe I should pick Broadcom option?

ACPI-Fix

Cpus=1-Fix

AppleSMBIOS-27-MB

FireWire Remove (have one port that I did not know, but I never use it so)

ApplePS2Controller

IOUSBFamilyFix

Video card: Intel GMA950

Applications:

ASU

BetterZip

Kext Helper

Menu Meters

OSx86 Tools

Temperature Monitor

VLC

xBench

If I choose wrong network/wifi driver at installation, is it possible to install after in some way or do I have to reinstall everything again?

Thanks forward! so close to have all working on my laptop I never been!!

/reed

-- need suggestion --

What should i choose in iDeneb Options????

My Spec. in my sign

THNX

Any kernel should work (your P4 is SSE3, after all)

ICHx patches

PS/2 patches

AC97 audio patches

Intel PRO/100VE network patches (may not be needed, but this is just in case)

No video patches (again, just in case)