iDeneb v1 10.5.4

329 posts in this topic

I installed ok , but can boot into Leopard :rolleyes:

It always stops at the gray apple screen

I'm using : Giga EP35C-DS3R with Q6600 , can someone suggest me to choose which driver in customize screen ?

Thx a lot !

Hi,

Can you boot with -v to activate verbose mode & capture it. So we can see where it stop. Post the picture here.

I found 3 entry at osx86project's wiki that most likely correspond to your motherboard:-

1) GA P35-DS3R@10.5.0

2) GA-EP35-DS3R@10.5.1

3) GA-EP35-DS3R v2.1@10.5.2

Referring to screenshot at iDeneb official website, I think it is safe if you select all option under "Patches 10.5.4 Ready" --> "Chipset".

Good luck. ;)

kizwan

I installed ok , but can boot into Leopard :)

I'm using : Giga EP35C-DS3R with Q6600 , can someone suggest me to choose which driver in customize screen ?

Thx a lot !

i have wrote little tutorial for gigabyte boards... here it is

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=121388

In my attempts to see if my card would work it shows up under LSPCI. It doesn't work anywhere else though. I read that you have to load the kext manually to get it to work, what's the name of the Atheros kext? Or is there a simpler method of getting it to work?

Card: DLink G520+

Is there a a LINK for this DVD torrent? Anywhere?

Ive searched here, on authors site and nothing, I mean whats the point?

To naysayers. I hate searching through fishy torrent sites for releases because

of the simple fact of loads of FAKES.

Is there any release with newer Intel motherboards in mind?

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q PRO (no not Deluxe)

Chipset: Intel P45 + ICH10

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 3.2Ghz

RAM: 2 x 2Gb 1066 Mhz

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 Mb ddr3 Pci-Ex

Audio: ALC1200

Whatever release I tried it didnt work. I got into mac without fancy graphics, no sound, no network, basically a safeboot with nothing.

Tried plethora of modified kexts without success.

I get "panic" on dvd boot with AppleSMCPDRC

Any ideas?

Hardware: Acer 8104 laptop

2Ghz SSE2 CPU Pentium M

X700 mobility

ICH6 chipset

JaS 10.5.4 installs and runs fine, with no ethernet, x700 or PS/2 support unfortunently :P

Hey, been a long time since I've installed OS X. Whilst booting I got the "still waiting for root device" error and from reading here I installed the ICHx fix. After that it gets to the Bootloader, and then when I try to boot it, it restarts the machine. (I'm going to reinstall soon).

Also, I have 3 devices connected internally, one 250gb maxtor SATA drive, one IDE 60gb seagate drive and an IDE DVD Drive.

The SATA-1 is the Maxtor.

The Master IDE is the 60gb Drive.

The Slave IDE is the DVD Drive.

My hardware:

CPU:

Intel Pentium D 925 3.00GHZ 2 Cores

Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, ET64, EST

Motherboard:

Model ConRoe1333-D667

North Bridge Intel i945G/GZ Revision A2

South Bridge Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) Revision A2

Graphics Card:

GIGABYTE nVidia 8600GT 512mb

Drives:

MAXTOR STM3250310AS ATA Device

ST360021A ATA Device

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202H ATA Device

RAM:

1gb OCZ RAM PC-5300

Help fixing the "still waiting for root device" is much appriciated.

Had same problem with my install, so I selected Speedstep, No Audio, No Video, All Chipsets, All Patches. After install completed, machine loaded right up. Hope this helps!

UPDATE (10min Later) - Did 2 reboots, added nothing new, no updates, no apps, NOTHING! got Kernel Panic, . Booted with different kernels, same thing. Holding off on trying to repair for now, spent 8hrs trying to produce results, now back to square one.

I just installed iDeneb v1 10.5.4 on my system and everything seems to work until I discovered that the system would not boot unless I have the DVD in the drive! If I leave the DVD in and let the system get to the point where it says "press any key to boot from DVD", but allow it to time out and boot from the HD, then it is fine. All attempts to boot directly from the HD results in a "boot1: error". Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I am banging my head against the wall. I followed the installation instructions to format the drive with MBR (it was already with mbr) and HFS+ entended.

My mobo is a asus p5k-vm and a geforce 7600gt 256mb.

Dyzan in this thread has successfully installed it on a p5k-vm with no problems...

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hello, fellow! This motherboard rocks! You have to do some settings in bios.

1. Change the SATA settings from IDE to AHCI

2. Enable Plug N Play OS!

3. Enable ACPI 2.0

Now your are set! Do the Install of Derneb v1 with "Vanilla kernel" and with allso "ACPI-fix" option.

Ohh! Forgot! Remember to check right drivers for the sound and the Chipset, sound, Networkcard, grafikcard, and sata controller! Take the manual for help to check the right options for the drivers. 

Good luck!

Please help me i will try this!!! iDeneb v1 10.5.4

here is my computer..

: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 2400 MHz (9 x 267) : Asus P5N32-SLI Premium (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Dual : : : : Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

: ASUS P5N32-SLI PREMIUM ACPI BIOS Revision 0901

: 5120 MB (DDR2 SDRAM)

: DIMM1: Corsair XMS2 CM2X512A-6400 512 MB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 : @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-13 @ 270 MHz)

: DIMM2: Corsair XMS2 CM2X512A-6400 512 MB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 : @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-13 @ 270 MHz)

: DIMM3: Kingston 2G-UDIMM 2 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-: : 4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

: DIMM4: Kingston 2G-UDIMM 2 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-: : 4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

: Grafikcard NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO (256 MB)

: Harddrive WDC WD36 0ADFD-00NLR1 SCSI Disk Device (36 GB, 10000 RPM, SATA)

: Harddrive WDC WD74 0ADFD-00NLR1 SCSI Disk Device (74 GB, 10000 RPM, SATA)

: Networkcard NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet

can i try this software to my machine? kernel? where can i find this relese?

there are few reasons why you will get this message... 1st for example has to do with your chipset not being supported yet... 2nd you have to change some settings i BIOS... like switching your sata raid from disabled to ACHI... that can resolve your satiution ;)

I thought iDeneb said that it supported all current intel NB chipsets? Also I tried ACHI but I didn't get past the error again. I did read earlier that you have to set your target disk at the start of the boot order... I'll give that a go later.

I may try Kalyway's distro eventually. Thanks to all who've been real helpful here, it's been a great learning experience..

I'm using iDeneb and it seemed perfect (thanks to punk92 and everything who made it possible), but for some reason sound don't work on ALC861 after installing the right kexts (it worked on kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2) and speedstep also don't work when it worked on kalyway 10.5.4 (upgraded form kaly 10.5.2).

Help? I want to use iDeneb but I can't be without sound and speedstep... :D

Every time I install, it stalls at the "Restore from old mac/transfer" screen and then loops right back to the beginning.

I'm using a Asus P5B Deluxe motherboard, C2D 1.67GHZ, 2 GB 800MHZ SDRAM, 7600GT, IDE DVD DRIVE, and a SATA HD.

I've only selected the Azalia Audio driver, the ICHx fix, the Jmicron ATA controller fix, the Yukon2 driver, the Vanilla 9.4.0 kernel and that's it.

I'm going to try once more without the Vanilla kernel and we'll see what happens.

Anyone got any tips about what I'm doing wrong?

Every time I install, it stalls at the "Restore from old mac/transfer" screen and then loops right back to the beginning.

I'm using a Asus P5B Deluxe motherboard, C2D 1.67GHZ, 2 GB 800MHZ SDRAM, 7600GT, IDE DVD DRIVE, and a SATA HD.

I've only selected the Azalia Audio driver, the ICHx fix, the Jmicron ATA controller fix, the Yukon2 driver, the Vanilla 9.4.0 kernel and that's it.

I'm going to try once more without the Vanilla kernel and we'll see what happens.

Anyone got any tips about what I'm doing wrong?

GreyMD solved this for me back on page 2 of this thread :P

sepulchre

1. Run single user mode using the -s flag while booting

2. Mount the file system as mentioned when you boot

3. Change the root password using the command "passwd root"

4. Touch (create) the .AppleSetupDone file by typing "touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone"

I installed ok , but can boot into Leopard ;)

Thx a lot !

assuming u installed Vid. Kexts during installation do the following:-

boot wid -x flag

navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/

and remove ur vid. kexts,

hopefully dis helped

okay people, I had leo4all v3 running very gud, but i decided to try dis version. I got the infamous "waiting for root device" error, i inserted the dvd into my external dvd drive and it found the root device :P odd enough huh. Well my problem is dat after it installs okay and boots and works really gud until....... I install my video drivers. The same Vid. Drivers worked like charm under leo4all v3 10.5.2. I had the same problem when i upgraded from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 using Zephy's Utility. I don't think its the kernel problem

My Specs and Installation

1) nForece chipset (chose the atanforce drivers)

2) Ati Sapphire X1650 Pro 512MB DDR2 (used dionsys modified kexts) (dis iz my prob., don't seem to work wid 10.5.4)

3) 9.4.0 modbin kernel

4) AMD 4200 plus X2

5) Sata Sony internal DVD-Drive (not recoganized)

Shud i install drivers from the dvd during installation or is dere anyway to modify my exsisting kext to work wid 10.5.4. Please Guyz help!!

sepulchre, you have been a great help!

Also, I'm not sure if you figured out how to get the other things on your board working.

I'm using NVKush drivers instead of NVinject ones and I have no problem restarting/shutting down.

Hope that helps!

I used this release to install from scratch on Dell XPS M1530. Everything seemed to install fine except after rebooting it said that no keyboard was connected and the trackpad wasn't working either. Previously I was using Leo4All3 without any problems whatsoever. I did some googling and came upon advice to load the installer CD, select the partition and do 'repair permissions' on it, which didn't help either. So now, I don't know how to proceed. Help?

Hey Insanelymac!

I just installed iDeneb onto my amd based computer, it was all running smooth with sound using my ALC850 now since i updated my logic pro from 8.0 to 8.0.2 i have some how lost the sound after i rebooted. In my system preferences under sound AC97Audio used to noted now there is nothing present. I hope someone would be able to send me the kexts for my Ac97 audio or ALC850.

Logic pro with no sound isnt much fun :):D

Hope someone can help me out

Cheers OLLiE

Anyone can answer my question here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=859574

My computer spec are:

> Mainboard : Acer, Travelmate 4270

> Chipset : Intel i945PM

> Processor : Intel Core Duo T2300 @ 1666 MHz

> Physical Memory : 1024 MB

> Video Card : ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

> Network Card : Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

> Network Card : Broadcom Corp BCM5789 NetLink Gigabit Ethernet

/reed