InsanelyMac Redesign

InsanelyMac Redesign  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it to change?

• Yes
    • No

26 posts in this topic

It seems the InsanelyMac people are planning to change the original design of the site. Personally, I do not want it to change, especially to the black theme. IgnorantCow did an amazing job creating this the original theme for InsanelyMac, it is one of the best IP.Board themes ever created in my opinion. And it suits the site well. And Ralleria's logo fits it nicely also.

Do you want it to change?

I don't want the theme t change...only the PHP style...as in the interface.

IE: I HATE HAVING TO LOOK FOR THREADS I POSTED IN... on many forums there is a link that says "my posts" and it will show threads' title that I ever posted in descending order.

Hell, even a "replies to my posts" wold be better than the "assistant"

And why the hell doesn't search work???? Every forum I use has a flawless search engine...Sure I can go to google.com to search insanely mac...but what if I'm not knowledgeable to know how to do that? what If i want to figure out how to install OS X86 on certain laptop and they decide to wing it...and there's like 10 thread where the conclusion was that it'll never work....

anyway, search is a MUST.

I don't want the theme t change...only the PHP style...as in the interface.

IE: I HATE HAVING TO LOOK FOR THREADS I POSTED IN... on many forums there is a link that says "my posts" and it will show threads' title that I ever posted in descending order.

Hell, even a "replies to my posts" wold be better than the "assistant"

And why the hell doesn't search work???? Every forum I use has a flawless search engine...Sure I can go to google.com to search insanely mac...but what if I'm not knowledgeable to know how to do that? what If i want to figure out how to install OS X86 on certain laptop and they decide to wing it...and there's like 10 thread where the conclusion was that it'll never work....

anyway, search is a MUST.

postsww5.jpg

On the new site, we have a fully functional flawless search engine with special searching operators to help you find what you need.

Has anyone thought about peoples' avatars? I mean unless all the avatars are gonna be transparent, its going to look hideous. I mean like say you have a avatar on a white background. It would look fine in the "light" theme of the site (unless the background on the light theme is not white :)) but on the dark mode it would look really ugly. Same thing with avatars with black backgrounds. I'm just not getting a sense that its gonna look good.

Has anyone thought about peoples' avatars? I mean unless all the avatars are gonna be transparent, its going to look hideous. I mean like say you have a avatar on a white background. It would look fine in the "light" theme of the site (unless the background on the light theme is not white :) ) but on the dark mode it would look really ugly. Same thing with avatars with black backgrounds. I'm just not getting a sense that its gonna look good.

Hmm thats a good point, especially when there is most likely going to be a 50/50 mix of black/white theme users. Hopefully the designer thought about that :D

I had never seen this thread before, thus I am late, I suppose, in saying that I hate black themes with a passion. I run away from any site which has them, they hurt my poor old eyes. Also I immediately change terminals which are white on black.

I don't want it to change, but I think a slight refresh would be a good idea.

Tweak the shapes, the logos, colours, gradients a bit, but not to change it, to make it feel fresher :blink:

+1

I like that idea! :blink:

I personally would like to see a new site design :)

Ok, I have an idea. Instead of saying "I don't like the theme, keep the current one..." tell us what design aspects you like/hate (for example, the layout/navigation, colour scheme, etc). What improvements would you like to see in the future of InsanelyMac? I think instead of having Fubra come up with something on their own, telling us your thoughts and opinions will having a much more successful and greater impact (for example, a better news system, or a redesign of the homepage [to include more information than just Frontpage News, etc]).

If you want a say in the way InsanelyMac looks and behaves, then speak up. :)

- Sabr.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't want it to change, but I think a slight refresh would be a good idea.

Tweak the shapes, the logos, colours, gradients a bit, but not to change it, to make it feel fresher :P

I like Paranoid Marvin's idea of giving the site a douche rather than a complete makeover, especially not to that hideous looking black version we've seen. :D