hi ....is it possible to boot & run retail mac os x 10.5 on my configuration

intel D915GAV mother board

intel pentium 4 processor 3.00 GHz HT

DVD drive

1GB RAM

250 GB sata harddisk

integrated graphic card intel

thank u....

Yes, should run fairly easily due to Intel board. Not familiar w/ CPU so may need a Voodoo kernel.

About if there´s a Snow Leo version or not I guess it´s upp to us "leftovers" to find out once it´s released since it looks like the guys that would know sems to have gone someother place since a while back. I guess it looks like it´s back to trial and error sometime in september. Good luck to us

About if there´s a Snow Leo version or not I guess it´s upp to us "leftovers" to find out once it´s released since it looks like the guys that would know sems to have gone someother place since a while back. I guess it looks like it´s back to trial and error sometime in september. Good luck to us

I don't think there is any need to wait until Septemper. 10a432 is the GM; I have already tried with different kexts with mixed results_as soon as the DVD starts loading at the point where the x rotates a few times, it becomes a blinking "-". Will keep trying though...

i have a few quick questions. i tried searching around but i was unable to find that info.

1) i don't have blank dual layer DVDs. since they are expensive, is there any way i can use boot-132 method to install from an image stored on a separate partition?

2) i read somewhere that dual cores are not supported and i have to turn one core off from BIOS. i have HP 8530p with P8500 CPU and Intel chipset. Am I correct to assume that this will be fully supported if I do Boot-132 install wit retail DVD?

Thank you for your time and support.

i have a few quick questions. i tried searching around but i was unable to find that info.

1) i don't have blank dual layer DVDs. since they are expensive, is there any way i can use boot-132 method to install from an image stored on a separate partition?

2) i read somewhere that dual cores are not supported and i have to turn one core off from BIOS. i have HP 8530p with P8500 CPU and Intel chipset. Am I correct to assume that this will be fully supported if I do Boot-132 install wit retail DVD?

Thank you for your time and support.

1. No, there is not (afaik).
  2. That depends on the cpu in combination with the motherboard. Basically it is supported.

You can restore the ISO (Mac OS X Install DVD) to a partition (~8GB). Then you can install Mac OS X using Boot-132 method using that partition as installation media.

@kizwan

now that is catch22... the whole problem i have is that i don't have the DVD. i can download the image from torrents but how will i restore it to a separate partition?

the main problem i have is that i don't have blank dual layer dvds to burn retail image on.

any other idea?

You can restore the ISO (Mac OS X Install DVD) to a partition (~8GB). Then you can install Mac OS X using Boot-132 method using that partition as installation media.

Have you been able to use the boot-132 methos to boot the sl dvd?

restore, you mean unpack the .dmg from the original macosx install to a partition or hdd?

restore, you mean unpack the .dmg from the original macosx install to a partition or hdd?

No, AFAIK it is from the Retail OS X DVD itself (the ISO file)......as the Source and the 8GB partition as the Target using OS X Disk Utility......

Have you been able to use the boot-132 methos to boot the sl dvd?

No, I have not. I don't have copy of SL DVD.

kizwan

@kizwan

now that is catch22... the whole problem i have is that i don't have the DVD. i can download the image from torrents but how will i restore it to a separate partition?

the main problem i have is that i don't have blank dual layer dvds to burn retail image on.

any other idea?

I mean a partition on a harddisk. Not DVD.

1) i don't have blank dual layer DVDs. since they are expensive

1) Find yourself a copy of JaS, iDeneb, Leo4All or any other release.

2) Install it.

3) Use Disk Utility in the Mac OS X to "restore" your Mac OS X Installer DVD ISO to a partition (find yourself an external HDD).

Do you already have all the necessary kexts (to put in Boot-132 Extra folder) for your machine to be able to boot Mac OS X?

or

Do you have Boot-132 CD/USB for your machine?

kizwan

guys plz help me out i m in dire need

i m trying to install the mac from the retail disc using the method stated i boot using the generic.iso file in the MAC OSX Patch, when i insert the retail disc when it is stated to insert and click enter the boot screen of mac setup appears, and the circle keeps on rotating and rotating and the setup hangs there.

can someone plz tell me what to do ??

the system config i have i s:-

Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3.40 GHz + Thermalright Ultra 120A + Silverstone 120MM @ 110CFM | Corsair 2GB*2 RAM 800 MHz | Palit 8600GT 512MB GFX | GigaByte G31 ES2L | Creative T6060 5.1 Speakers | iBall Piano 27 Cabinet | iBall SMPS 450W | Western Digital WD6400AACS 640GB |

plz help

Probalby because it is waiting on your root device, that means that you do not have the proper kext for your chipset. Check what is going on by using -v.

guys plz help me out i m in dire need

i m trying to install the mac from the retail disc using the method stated i boot using the generic.iso file in the MAC OSX Patch, when i insert the retail disc when it is stated to insert and click enter the boot screen of mac setup appears, and the circle keeps on rotating and rotating and the setup hangs there.

can someone plz tell me what to do ??

the system config i have i s:-

Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3.40 GHz + Thermalright Ultra 120A + Silverstone 120MM @ 110CFM | Corsair 2GB*2 RAM 800 MHz | Palit 8600GT 512MB GFX | GigaByte G31 ES2L | Creative T6060 5.1 Speakers | iBall Piano 27 Cabinet | iBall SMPS 450W | Western Digital WD6400AACS 640GB |

plz help

I was wondering if Moderator is still watching this forum.

I followed the instructions originally given, and used the Boot-kabyl-bumby iso (for noobs), am using a Dell E5500 (Mobile C2 P8400 w/ Intel GL40 chipset & Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Video Chipset) with an external IDE drive for the install. However, I get the spinning circle and the system hangs right as the background image from TimeMachine comes up. I've installed Kalyway 10.5.1 before using this same rig with the same external drive.

Quick resume about "oh, what to do now?"

#1 - Burn .iso on a CD;

#2 - Boot this CD;

#3 - When Darwin prompt appear, eject CD and put Mac OS X Leopard Retail DVD;

#4 - Press enter (or -v and enter...wherever...)

SYSTEM halts here

#5 - After install, boot using CD boot again and install .kext needed...and usual files.

#6 - Done!

I read somewhere that I may need to alter the DMOS.kext file.

I thought it was a simple matter of following the instructions however I am missing something. Can anyone help? I hate running MSFT.

I was wondering if Moderator is still watching this forum.

I followed the instructions originally given, and used the Boot-kabyl-bumby iso (for noobs), am using a Dell E5500 (Mobile C2 P8400 w/ Intel GL40 chipset & Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Video Chipset) with an external IDE drive for the install. However, I get the spinning circle and the system hangs right as the background image from TimeMachine comes up. I've installed Kalyway 10.5.1 before using this same rig with the same external drive.

Quick resume about "oh, what to do now?"

#1 - Burn .iso on a CD;

#2 - Boot this CD;

#3 - When Darwin prompt appear, eject CD and put Mac OS X Leopard Retail DVD;

#4 - Press enter (or -v and enter...wherever...)

SYSTEM halts here

#5 - After install, boot using CD boot again and install .kext needed...and usual files.

#6 - Done!

I read somewhere that I may need to alter the DMOS.kext file.

I thought it was a simple matter of following the instructions however I am missing something. Can anyone help? I hate running MSFT.

Describe what is happening, we might be able to help you.

Describe what is happening, we might be able to help you.

I burned the .iso for noobs at the lowest speed (2x), without modifying anything in it. I read somewhere I may need to insert DMOS.kext however this is a vanilla rig with all Intel components (chipset, video card, controller etc).

Next I reboot the rig using the burned iso. Once I get to a prompt I switch out the iso cd with my Retail Leopard DVD (my 24" imac croaked because of a bad disk controller and now is a fantastic paperweight (Apple wants $1000 to replace the board)).

I then let Leopard DVD run its course, with no panic (ran the install with and without -v).

It gets to the starting screen (the background image from TimeMachine) and instead of an arrow I get a spinning ball. After that, nothing happens. I let it sit for 5-10 minutes and still nothing.

I have to reboot the system to bring it back up.

If I've overlooked anything, I apologize, I don't know what to look for.

Thanks for offering to help, I would LOVE to run OSX on my E5500.

I burned the .iso for noobs at the lowest speed (2x), without modifying anything in it. I read somewhere I may need to insert DMOS.kext however this is a vanilla rig with all Intel components (chipset, video card, controller etc).

Next I reboot the rig using the burned iso. Once I get to a prompt I switch out the iso cd with my Retail Leopard DVD (my 24" imac croaked because of a bad disk controller and now is a fantastic paperweight (Apple wants $1000 to replace the board)).

I then let Leopard DVD run its course, with no panic (ran the install with and without -v).

It gets to the starting screen (the background image from TimeMachine) and instead of an arrow I get a spinning ball. After that, nothing happens. I let it sit for 5-10 minutes and still nothing.

I have to reboot the system to bring it back up.

If I've overlooked anything, I apologize, I don't know what to look for.

Thanks for offering to help, I would LOVE to run OSX on my E5500.

I've discovered what was wrong. I downloaded another iso, generic.iso, and the rig is up and running. I have to start looking for the right kexts for the wireless, the video card, and the sound. but all in all is working! :censored2: