New modified BOOT-132 allows you to boot retail DVDs

f41qu3

1,286 posts in this topic

I too am interested in this file. If anybody out there has it and doesn't mind sharing, please let me know.

i'll upload it tonight..after 3 hours(on my free net time....)......but it wont worked for me.........;)

*~~~Edited~~~*

as i promised here is the modified boot 132 disc.....

dont shout for small image size(10.76MB).....after extraction it was of 50.8MB.....

Download Here

i'll upload it tonight..after 3 hours(on my free net time....)......but it wont worked for me......... ^_^

*~~~Edited~~~*

as i promised here is the modified boot 132 disc.....

dont shout for small image size(10.76MB).....after extraction it was of 50.8MB.....

Download Here

Thanks a ton for the download!

Just a quick question though. After unzipping the download, it looks like it's got a bunch of items that had been linked to on the first page of the guide. For example, the generic iso, the Kabyl-Bumby download, etc. I was under the impression that the file ".ISO with modified kexts" that can no longer be downloaded was just an .ISO that we could burn to a cd. Is this how the download came, or did you compile all of the things you had downloaded and just include them all? I'm just wondering if the .ISO with modified kexts is missing.

Thanks a lot for your help and effort!

I don´t know how you do it but when I downloaded the generic ISO all I had to do was slip it in to my DVD let it load as instructed here and then change over to my Retail Leo DVD. Then when the Reatail Leo had finnished loading I did the updates and then made absolutely sure I had all the speciffic kexts avaliable I needed for my personal hardware. Then I deleted the incompatible stuff and installed the "needed stuff" using kexthelper and rebooted. That´s pretty much it.

sorry guys, but i don't quite get it

the generic boot-132 iso contains only the files needed to boot and install leopard

so i need to edit that iso and add custom kexts for my hardware?

i have a Realtek HD audio card, Realtek RTL8168/8111 network card and Ati x1550 video card

edit: burned the image, booted and received the error "this software cannot be installed on this computer"

The genercic Iso should work just ok and what you need is to find out exactly what files/kexts you need to make OSX run on your personal hardware and then what files/kexts that are incompatible with PC hardware in general and delete them. Also depending on what version of OSX you aim for might make it necessary to research if there´s aditional modifications neded. Then download kexthelper cause kexthelper is the easiest way to install the kexts you need.

Thanks a ton for the download!

Just a quick question though. After unzipping the download, it looks like it's got a bunch of items that had been linked to on the first page of the guide. For example, the generic iso, the Kabyl-Bumby download, etc. I was under the impression that the file ".ISO with modified kexts" that can no longer be downloaded was just an .ISO that we could burn to a cd. Is this how the download came, or did you compile all of the things you had downloaded and just include them all? I'm just wondering if the .ISO with modified kexts is missing.

Thanks a lot for your help and effort!

just burn the generic.iso.......-_-

Yes untill you have deleted the original apple osx kexts not compatible with PC hardware and installed the kext you need for your speciffic hardware and depending on what upgrade you go for also any aditional kexts. In short words you got to look around here what people use that have your setup or similar get those kexts and read on about how to go about it with the upgrades. If you already have some osx86 version like Kalys etc up running just use the stuff you already have and know work ok for you, it should work ok. After you´re done with the upgrade in the second boot reboot one more time and install them + chamelon or whatever you want to use and you´re good to go.

HI! i'd like to try this method but i dont know if theres any retail dvd that is not dual layer??

No, there isn't.

There are numerous guides on this site and others for slimming down a retail DVD to SL

sorry guys, but i don't quite get it

the generic boot-132 iso contains only the files needed to boot and install leopard

so i need to edit that iso and add custom kexts for my hardware?

i have a Realtek HD audio card, Realtek RTL8168/8111 network card and Ati x1550 video card

edit: burned the image, booted and received the error "this software cannot be installed on this computer"

That's not a Retail image, but one that came with a Mac.

im a little confused, if i burn this cd do i have to use this cd to boot into leopard? even if i add chameleon and dsmos will i still have to use this cd to load kexts from the img file?
Yes untill you have deleted the original apple osx kexts not compatible with PC hardware and installed the kext you need for your speciffic hardware and depending on what upgrade you go for also any aditional kexts. In short words you got to look around here what people use that have your setup or similar get those kexts and read on about how to go about it with the upgrades. If you already have some osx86 version like Kalys etc up running just use the stuff you already have and know work ok for you, it should work ok. After you´re done with the upgrade in the second boot reboot one more time and install them + chamelon or whatever you want to use and you´re good to go.

That's not even english.. try sticking to what you know instead of teaching what you don't.

The simple answer to the question above is that you can mount the img and drop the kexts into your install on the first boot after installation (into /Extra would be my preference). once you've done that & installed your bootloader (I like the new chameleon) you can break the cd in 2 & eat it if you want, its job is done.

That's not even english.. try sticking to what you know instead of teaching what you don't.

What I say works perfectly good. Wait with the salt and pepper on that CD you might need it before you know it.

Firts boot you install retail osx second you upgrade to the latest version (hopefully). Third time well there are allways going to be a third time and if you want to run the latest os there are probably allways going to be kexts you need to replace.

I can comunicate in a couple of languages guess you only know how to be rude in one and one thing´s for sure bud if you don´t like what I say here so what I don´t give a {censored}. Go play worldchamp some other place.

Does anyone have this ISO with the modified Kexts? The link appears to be dead. Thanks!

I tried the one that's not modified and I appear to get stuck at a Gray Screen with an Apple logo in the middle.

I want the modified one to see if it works for me since the guy on the first post says that it's compatible. Anybody can give that file please?

I tried the one that's not modified and I appear to get stuck at a Gray Screen with an Apple logo in the middle.

I want the modified one to see if it works for me since the guy on the first post says that it's compatible. Anybody can give that file please?

Since it is difficult to get the modified BOOT-132 iso, why not you spend your time to get your own version of modified BOOT-132 iso. Tell me your computer specification & I will try to help you. I have a lot of free time this week. Also I need to know which version of retail leopard you try to install.

kizwan

Since it is difficult to get the modified BOOT-132 iso, why not you spend your time to get your own version of modified BOOT-132 iso. Tell me your computer specification & I will try to help you. I have a lot of free time this week. Also I need to know which version of retail leopard you try to install.

kizwan

thanks for the reply

hey nevermind about the moded CD, I finished up by downloading from a Rapidshare download (and its name is "generic.iso"). I burned it on a CD.

Computer Specifications:

MS Windows XP Professional SP3

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz, 1.0 GB RAM, ASUS X700 Series

A Hard drive of 300GB split in 3 partitions (C: of 48,8GB NTFS; D: of 182GB NTFS; X: of 66,4GB FAT32 and this is the one I'm gonna use for Leopard)

---> verdant asked me for a "MOBO brand/model". How do I check that out?

Leopard Specifications:

MAC OS X V10.5.6 RETAIL

does this help?

thanks for the reply

hey nevermind about the moded CD, I finished up by downloading from a Rapidshare download (and its name is "generic.iso"). I burned it on a CD.

We are going to use generic iso as a template & will adding all necessary kexts you need.

Computer Specifications:

MS Windows XP Professional SP3

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz, 1.0 GB RAM, ASUS X700 Series

A Hard drive of 300GB split in 3 partitions (C: of 48,8GB NTFS; D: of 182GB NTFS; X: of 66,4GB FAT32 and this is the one I'm gonna use for Leopard)

---> verdant asked me for a "MOBO brand/model". How do I check that out?

Is this laptop or desktop PC? If it is a laptop PC, what is your laptop model? If it is a desktop PC & you don't know what is your motherboard model, you need to open the casing & examine what inscribe on the motherboard.

You do aware that you need to format the hard disk with GUID partition table, right?

kizwan

kizwan

please help me out for my configuration with FX5500.........i want to install the Leopard 10.5.6 Retail........

thanx......

We are going to use generic iso as a template & will adding all necessary kexts you need.

Is this laptop or desktop PC? If it is a laptop PC, what is your laptop model? If it is a desktop PC & you don't know what is your motherboard model, you need to open the casing & examine what inscribe on the motherboard.

You do aware that you need to format the hard disk with GUID partition table, right?

kizwan

EDIT: here's what I get:

-Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (which name is Intel Pentium 4 630 and Code Name is Prescott)

-MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,EM64T

-Mainboard: -Motherboard:

-Manufacturer: ASUStek Computer INC.

-Model: P5GD2-X

-BIOS:

-American Megatrends Inc. (version 1006.001)

was this what you were looking for?

hi guys, can someone explain to me how i can get the boot 132 working on my asus p5k-e wifi mobo?

i download 3 different isos which claims to be for p5k-e and none of them worked. i cant boot from retail. ;)

what am i doing wrong?

please help me out for my configuration with FX5500.........i want to install the Leopard 10.5.6 Retail........

thanx......

The 132 is just so cool but sometimes it just does´nt work and why it does´nt could depend on so many things. So sometimes it´s probably just not worth endless hours of searching/asking here.

If you can run Kalys 10.5.2 you should be able to upgrade to Retail using a method like LTLs or similar if you can´t get it to work with the 132. There are a couple of really good guides around here and they pretty much use the same concept so my tips is to try one of the other methods.

LTLs method/guide is aimed for some of the GA motherboards, not the same you have but still you might get lucky. I´ve seen that even a few the Asus owners get lucky using his guide. With his guide you use a Kaly or similar hacked osx86 installation to start of from, then you install your Retail osx to another (seperate) harddrive.

Just replace the kexts in any of theese guides with the ones you know work with your speciffic hardware and work from there.

Once you have your Retail installation up running you can uppgrade that version to the one you want (no need for the Kaly HD no more but keep it as a backup if things go wrong).

Just remember to check out what modifications that speciffic upgrade needs before you upgrade. It could be you need to keep one or a few kexts from the version you´re upgrading from etc etc. For example if I remember it right I had to keep the seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 when I upgraded to 10.5.6.

There´s really no big important difference betwen all theese methods/guides you find here. It´s all about 1. having compatible hardware 2. using the right kexts you need to be able to get where you want.

I´m not sure LTLs method/guide or any of the other similar guides would work with dual boot using only one harddrive though.

Good luck

^^^

thanx for helping but i already tried that method of installing the retail OS to other HDD from my hacked OSX86.....but it wont worked....it just restarts my machine everytime on bootloader ......all the times when i installed it....

:(:(-_-

^^^

thanx for helping but i already tried that method of installing the retail OS to other HDD from my hacked OSX86.....but it wont worked....it just restarts my machine everytime on bootloader ......all the times when i installed it....

:(:(:(

OK

Sounds strange though since you can run Kaly, but I know it can be hard to get it to work. I have a couple of hacks and two of them are based on the old Asus P4 P800se mobo using P4 3 Ghz cpus, these guys can only run Kalys 10.5.1 (maby 10.5.2 haven`t tried it though). But one of them can for some reason run Retail though if I do the upgrade with LTLs method and use a Sata drive, so it´s strange for sure.

Did you try to upgrade in steps going for the earliest Retail 10.5.x first and try out eventually replace the kexts included in the post.patch folder with the "known to be working kexts" kext from your kaly install?

If it´s not possible for you to uppgrade using these guides I honestly believe it´s not going to be easier with the 132.

New to the InsanelyMac boards, hope you guys don't mind me jumping in here with some questions. Ideally I'd like to install OS X 10.5.6 with my Retail DVD and use as few mods as possible, that's what got me interested in the Boot-123 option. I guess the first thing is to make sure my hardware is supported before doing anything else. Here's what I'm working with:

Mainboard - Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

Video card - Nvidia 285GTX (made by Gigabyte as well)

Processor - Intel Core2 Quad Q9650

Memory - 8 GB

Harddisk - 500GB SATA

Optical - LG Super Multi Blue SATA (Vista lists it as HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L)

Audio card - Creative SB X-Fi

I initially tried on my own by burning the generic .ISO linked on the first post, which booted fine, but the I got stuck in a loop trying to boot from my retail DVD. It would just toggle from the "boot" prompt to the "choose device" prompt where it asks you for the hex code of the target boot device. I read through the first pages and tried '84' as suggested but it didn't work.

And that's about as far as I got.

Sorry guys, but many people are referring to a "generic.iso" file linked in the first post that I just don't seem to see available for download. The only .iso I am able to download is the boot-kabyl-bumbu.iso... and the second link (.ISO with modified kexts) to an .iso seems to be dead...

In any case...I seem to be able to boot a retail leopard disc using the boot-kabyl-bumby.iso and it loads to the point that the leopard "space" wallpaper shows but then sits at the spinning ball and the cd-rom stops spinning and won't go any further. Any suggestions on how to get past this point would be greatly appreciated.

System specs:

HP m8120n

Intel Quad 2.4 Q6600

Asus P5BW-LA Motherboard

Intel P965 Express Chipset

3Gb Ram

NVida GeForce 7350LE

Thanks in advance...

Update: Successful installation using modified bootloader for Asus P5B found here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=859515

Thanks anyway guys (and gals).

OK

Sounds strange though since you can run Kaly, but I know it can be hard to get it to work. I have a couple of hacks and two of them are based on the old Asus P4 P800se mobo using P4 3 Ghz cpus, these guys can only run Kalys 10.5.1 (maby 10.5.2 haven`t tried it though). But one of them can for some reason run Retail though if I do the upgrade with LTLs method and use a Sata drive, so it´s strange for sure.

Did you try to upgrade in steps going for the earliest Retail 10.5.x first and try out eventually replace the kexts included in the post.patch folder with the "known to be working kexts" kext from your kaly install?

If it´s not possible for you to uppgrade using these guides I honestly believe it´s not going to be easier with the 132.

hmmm.....thanx......

i only tried Retail 10.5.6 with all the steps......

i'll again try it........can you please forward me the link to that thread by which you got the working retail.......

thanx......