New modified BOOT-132 allows you to boot retail DVDs

f41qu3

1,286 posts in this topic

i have tried a few times with no luck to creat a boot cd for SL. Can anyone help me?

MY system Specs:

Asus P5KC

Q6600 quad

5gb of ddr2

Asus 9800 gtx+ 512mb

BD-rom drive

WD 500gb Hdd

my cd boots and i swap the disks but after i hit f8 and run the -v -f it loads for a second or two them nothing or a black sceeen.

I am trying to install the Retail Snow Leopard DVD (the one with a Snow Leopard picture on cover from Best Buy) on the following system:

* MSI K9VGM-V motherboard (VIA K8M890 chipset)

* AMD Athlon X2 5200+ CPU

* ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro PCI-E Videocard with 256MB VRAM

I don't have access to a Mac right now (I have been a PC user) so I cannot use Disk Utility but I have access to Nero Burning Rom, UltraISO and Isobuster.

I don't know the EFI String for my video card and had problem finding a tool to do so.

Any help is appreciated!

hi

i hav 

intel dual core 2.0 ghz

3 GB  ram

160 GB sata

symtronics  -NV GF7050VT mother board 

nvidia 9400 GT 1GB graphic card

can i install on my system without errors

i read the replys i found some texts hav to be included

is it nessasary for my hard ware

if so instructions please

help me out 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Im having the most basic of problems, I created the boot CD using my MacBook but when I put it in my PC on which I want to install Mac OS X It says:

"Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

My SATA DVD drive is the only boot drive that I've set in the BIOS

Ive downloaded two of the boot-132.iso images and both don't work

Please help out guys, I really want to use this method so I can install Leopard from the retail DVD which I have, and not a Ideneb version as it's a pain when it comes to updating OS X etc.\

Thanks

HamzaB

• 2 weeks later...

I know a few people tried to talk about this issue but after reading all 60 some posts it never really gets fixed. Whats I'm seeing is i boot from the cd, then i swap to the retail disc. After pressing enter it jumps back to the original screen asking to press enter, -v, or ?. I know its suppose to boot from the CD at this point but im not getting that far. Ive downloaded multiple versions of boot 123 with the same effect. I also noticed that by typing -v, i get the same result as if i just pressed enter. no error codes or anything, just those two screens.

im running an i7

6 gigs of ram

500g hdd

9600 OC GT nvidia

Hey guys, so i'm a noob when it comes to using the boot132 system. But I need some guidance right now. I recently bought a Dell Inspirion laptop 1545 and I am wanting to install either Leopard or Snow Leopard on it. So far I get the boot prompt, but when it tires to read the retail OSX disc it, does not do anything. I am begining to think its due to that I have a Pentium Dual Processor. If anyone could help that would be great, I would love to have either or the OS running on my system this weekend if possible, if not its ok i'll just throw on Windows 7. Hope to hear back soon.

specs:

Dell Inspiron 1545, 3GB ram, 250WD HDD, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.0Ghz, Intel Graphics 4500 graphics card.

• 2 weeks later...

yes please someone reupload the .iso

I've got a problem using the 132 boot. When I change the bootCD and put in the SL retail 64bit DVD he want a devicenumber like 80 but I press enter and all I get is a blackscreen :hysterical: . Actually he doesn't read the disk, is there some trouble with the boot.iso?

my system:

c2d 6420

nvidia geForce 8800Gt

GA-P35-DS4

Intel SSD G2 - Win 7 64bit

some HDD's (all on AHCI)

S-ATA DVD drive

6Gb of RAM 2x1GB + 2x2GB

please give me a tip, I will able to boot the dvd ^^

• 2 weeks later...
>Download .ISO with modified kexts: http://www.mediafire.com/?1ne1zbl4znv

This link is not valid any more. Is it available anywhere else?

>This ISO needs to be modded (add dsmos to the Extensions folder) in order to be able to boot Leo.

Where do you get this "dsmos" file, or frankly any of these "kext" files that everyone seems to be indicating that you can download them from some place?

Thanks,

Mark

> I have to start looking for the right kexts for the wireless, the video card, and the sound. but all in all is working! :(

Where does one find these KEXT files? I've been looking and looking... ;)

Thanks,

Mark

:D I don't understand...

You had plan to create a process to install Vanilla DVD on "non-vanilla-compatible hardware"?

Perhaps I have missed it - probably because I'm new to this forum, but where might I find the Boot0123 installer? I have a new Intel P55 ATX motherboard with an i5 processor. I wish to load Snow Leopard onto this new system. I have read your general processes but cannot seem to locate the Boot-123 files needed to begin this process.

Thanks

Perhaps I have missed it - probably because I'm new to this forum, but where might I find the Boot0123 installer? I have a new Intel P55 ATX motherboard with an i5 processor. I wish to load Snow Leopard onto this new system. I have read your general processes but cannot seem to locate the Boot-123 files needed to begin this process.

Thanks

It's boot-132. Try searching with that string.

yes please someone reupload the .iso

I've got a problem using the 132 boot. When I change the bootCD and put in the SL retail 64bit DVD he want a devicenumber like 80 but I press enter and all I get is a blackscreen ^_^ . Actually he doesn't read the disk, is there some trouble with the boot.iso?

please give me a tip, I will able to boot the dvd ^^

Try this:

When you boot up BOOT-132 and it is sitting at the FIRST boot: prompt, THEN you swap the cd to the OSX install. Hit Enter and then at the next prompt, try hitting the Enter key again to accept the default.

Good Luck

good to hear! hows it work with snow? the i7? software (FAKE) raid? if these all work i just might have me a nice turkey break project (was gonna recompile the linux latest stable kernel and just keep stripping and stripping (thats what she said...?) until i get like a 2 sec boot or something nice lol or maybe screw with iwi2200 for my ToshPad T42)

good to hear! hows it work with snow? the i7? software (FAKE) raid? if these all work i just might have me a nice turkey break project (was gonna recompile the linux latest stable kernel and just keep stripping and stripping (thats what she said...?) until i get like a 2 sec boot or something nice lol or maybe screw with iwi2200 for my ToshPad T42)

It actually ONLY works with Snow Leopard. I tried 10.5 but didn't work, so I went out and bought a copy of Snow since I really should have upgraded my real Macs anyway. ;)

Not sure what i7 is and have not tried any software raiding. I have it installed on a Toshiba Satellite L510 that I bought for AUD $699 and will be getting a $100 cashback form Toshy. What a deal! :)

Mark