New modified BOOT-132 allows you to boot retail DVDs

f41qu3

1,286 posts in this topic

hi all!!!

i'm trying to install from an imac bundle cd and after choose the language i get the "CANNOT INSTALL" error.

what's wrong ?

thanks to all!!

mao

Won't be able to install from bundled restore disks. You'll need to purchase a "Retail" disk. Or thats my understanding of the way things work.

Retail disk, Thats the snazzy one with the pic of the cat on it. 29bucks for the 10.6... dunno if you can still find 10.5 disks out there, I'd probably just say go with iatkos if you wanted leopard and not SL.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Superhai or

anybody.

Under

Just a quick guide to add kexts and make iso from OS X

Do I need a mac Pc or a hackingtosh to do all this?

Hi when you said "Download this package" wich one is it? I don't see a link to download.

Where or how do you use this "<?php CODE" wicht is on red color follow by "mkdir newiso" under and all the rest?

Sorry for all this I'm kind of new in this.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to boot from the retail Leopard DVD, but the boot hangs on this line:

"Mac Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

I think the problem is with these 2 lines:

"Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi"

"Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi"

Booting with cpus=1, -v, x, f make no difference.

My guess is that I'm missing a kext, but I have no idea what. The only ones in my initrd.img are:

ACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

dsmos.kext

IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext

SMBIOSEnabler.kext

Here's my specs:

ASUS G60VX

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz

Motherboard Chipset: Intel PM45 (Cantiga-PM) + ICH9M (Enh)

Total Memory Size: 4 GBytes

Video Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M (G92-890)

Video Memory: 1024 MBytes of GDDR3 SDRAM

Hard Drive Controller: Serial ATA 3Gb/s

Hard Drive Model: Seagate ST9320423AS

Hard Drive Capacity: 305,245 MBytes (320 GB)

Disc Drive Model: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT30N

Disc Drive Controller: Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s

Audio Adapter: Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio [A3]

Network Card: Intel® WiFi Link 5100 AGN

Network Card: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

So if anyone could suggest the kexts I need or some other way to fix this issue I'd appreciate it.

yea this doesn't work when I get to the first prompt I press [enter] then it asks me for a number like "80" or "81" I do that and picked the right partition/hdd and I get a black screen and my monitor turns off displays the "NO SIGNAL" did it again and this time i press [enter] on both prompts. same thing happened. any Ideas?

Hi,

Thanks for the tutorial.

I tried following the instructions,at first i could get to grey screen and spinning gear with a 'NO' symbol which I resolved by changing the SATA mode to AHCI from IDE.Next time,i went on successfully to the star dust and spinning gear and doesnt move on after even giving 20 mins. Tried searching all the way,even went in verbose mode to see any possible error msgs but it loads in verbose and then comes to star dust screen.

I am using an Acer eMachine e725 with PD 2.1GHZ and 2 GB Ram.The motherboards make is not sure as I couldnt see the same in the system information.

The DVD drive doesnt show light after the beachball which could mean its not reading it. Is it a problem with the bootloader(i used BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY)?Or is ther any way else..even if it is complicated,i still can manage to do it.I have a macbook,so im quite used to the mac environment.

Any help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Rook here at this mac thing but i do have a pretty decent understanding of computers

I get this error message after the apple installation screen shows up saying the virtual player needs to shut down.

I am using workstation 7

have leopard 10.5.5 retail disk

Boot-kabyl-bumby burned to dvd

About my PC:

Intel Core Duo 2 2.53

Windows-7 64-bit

4.0 Gb dual channel DDR3 @ 533

I would greatly appreciate any help

post-580559-1267402998_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I have a retail OSX disc I'm trying to install on my Asrock 775Dual board (2gb ddrII, 2TB sata drive, sata dvdrw, xfx video card).

I try booting with boot132, it gets as far as reading the dvd for the first time, and kicks out with ebios errors (sector 0 block 64) over and over again.

I try booting with efi and it gets as far as letting me pick the Leo install dvd, and then freezes at a black screen.

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone has any suggestions about what I could do!

Can someone please help me? I can't get pass step 3 where it says:

3. Remove the BootCD and replace it with the Mac OS X Retail DVD. Wait for the blinking light on your DVD drive to stop and then hit Enter (this will read your DVD drive and not your HD).

MAC OS X wont install? why? can someone please help me?

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys,

Rook here at this mac thing but i do have a pretty decent understanding of computers

I get this error message after the apple installation screen shows up saying the virtual player needs to shut down.

I am using workstation 7

have leopard 10.5.5 retail disk

Boot-kabyl-bumby burned to dvd

About my PC:

Intel Core Duo 2 2.53

Windows-7 64-bit

4.0 Gb dual channel DDR3 @ 533

I would greatly appreciate any help

I've the same thing in your picture

I tried to do it on my laptop HP dv6-1390ev

core2due 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I got a little question about this boot loader w/e it is called , I downloaded the (noob version ) XD , and burned it with active iso burner , I tryed to reboot and the only result is a little

_ flashing in the left top corner for like 6 seconds then windows7 boot, I changed the boot order for the cd rom btw , I'm just wondering if I was doing something wrong . I just bough the 2 real cds ( Leopard + Snow Leopard today I would like to know how to install them on my Laptop ) thank you very much , giving donation through Paypal for help in live! Thanks! Kev.

Kev.simard@gmail.com

I just have a Toshiba Satelite Pro L510 with ATI Radeon 4500 series.

I tried to install it but get error and would not get in the main gui of the installation process.

Please help me..

Thanks