[HowTo] From VMWare To Native!

616 posts in this topic

Now THAT was the final hint I needed after numerous trys

using lots of install version.

A BIG Thanx from me!

Daniel

Hehe :idea: That's ok! Glad I could help the forum that has helped me so much.

I think I have everything except getting the DVD image to be recognized by VMware. I've been through the instructions in detail and tried all the combinations. I have a working MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso and a working MacOSX_10.4.4Install_DVD.iso (I can boot from a DVD burned from these images on a seperate computer that is working fine with OSx86 natively.)

I am trying to get the vmware to recognize the DVD iso image I have mounted with Daemon tools 4.0.3HE. Using vmware workstation 5.5.1.

My vmware settings

vmware_settings.gif

My daemon tools mounted image

daemon_tools_virtual_DVD-drive.gif

After starting the virtual machine I get this

vmware_error_screen.gif

I am sure I am missing something but I've looked through everything and am at a lose...

Thanks for any guidance.

i installed the myzar dvd on my amd 64 san diego 3700 + sse3 with asus a8n premium sli nforce 4 mobo. install went without a hit via vmware also boots via vmware no prob, the weird thign is when i tru to boott native i get a couple of panics one of them menions the cpu?

any ideas

as fas a si knew vmware didnt emu the cpu so it shud have not panic'd ; /

Yes as soon as the virtual machine started to load I pressed the esc key (a few times). I did not get to the choice for booting from the CD since vmware does not appear to be seeing the drive.

Try using a different ISO file... it may be that it just doesn't like that ISO... ;) Also, you could try changing the CD-ROM to 0:0 and HDD to 0:1...

Appreciate the suggestion, I have already tried them. I tried using both the 10.4.4 install DVD image and the patched version - both of which boot correctly from DVD and the patched version DVD installs correctly so I think the .iso should be good too.

Changing the CD-ROM to 0:0 and HDD to 0:1 sounded like a good idea. but I still get the same results.

Daemon tools seems to be pretty straight forward to set up so I am guessing I have that set up correctly, are there any other considerations for daemon tools or a key vmware parameter?

Daemon tools seems to be pretty straight forward to set up so I am guessing I have that set up correctly, are there any other considerations for daemon tools or a key vmware parameter?

You might want to try NOT connecting the virtual drive exclusively to the VM.

Something else, maybe more or less stupid to ask:

can you see the content of the mounted iso image within windows explorer?

Daniel

Yes as soon as the virtual machine started to load I pressed the esc key (a few times). I did not get to the choice for booting from the CD since vmware does not appear to be seeing the drive.

I had the same problem, it seems that you are going to far past the load up screen... When the VMWare screen comes up and you get the loading bar, then you press esc... all you have to do is restart your virtual computer and the VMWare screen will come up and then press esc... hope that helps, worked for me

The same on me. I pressed escape as hard as i can... nothing happend. But a click in the windows doesn't also work for me. I changed the settings and activated "Send Keypress to Virtual Machine" and it works.

I feel like an idiot, too. :)

BUT FOR NOW: THANX TO THIS WONDERFULL SITE AND THIS TUTORIAL, I FINALLY GOT MY MAC OS TO WORK! :D

You can't imagine how it feels to come home after years!

Still some things are broken (can't restart, have to reset - no network support and iTunes say's it's expired) but I'go further.

By the way: How to enter a "@" sign on a PC-Keyboard?

Greetinx from Berlin,

dripple

The same on me. I pressed escape as hard as i can... nothing happend. But a click in the windows doesn't also work for me. I changed the settings and activated "Send Keypress to Virtual Machine" and it works.

I feel like an idiot, too. :withstupid:

BUT FOR NOW: THANX TO THIS WONDERFULL SITE AND THIS TUTORIAL, I FINALLY GOT MY MAC OS TO WORK! :D

You can't imagine how it feels to come home after years!

Still some things are broken (can't restart, have to reset - no network support and iTunes say's it's expired) but I'go further.

By the way: How to enter a "@" sign on a PC-Keyboard?

Greetinx from Berlin,

dripple

Shift + 2 :P That's what it is on an American keyboard, and I don't know how to change it :blink:

Already got it: ALT-L (means WIN-L). Works fine.

Again: great tutorial and Thanx for your help.

No I have to get a correct download from with system, and maybe the right audio channel should work. This would be nice :withstupid:

Dripple

osx86fanboi, try clicking in the VMWare window (the black area where the loading info comes up before giving you that message) and then pressing escape. Did the trick for me (and made me feel like an idiot), hope it helps.

Ender

This was EXACTLY my problem. thanks. Turns out I found out independently (I tried everything else) and yes I felt like an idiot for not thinking to try it earlier.

It would be a good thing to add to the instructions for new vmware users. everything else is working as expected so I am back in the game.

Thanks to EnderTheThird and others that shared suggestions!

This was EXACTLY my problem. thanks. Turns out I found out independently (I tried everything else) and yes I felt like an idiot for not thinking to try it earlier.

It would be a good thing to add to the instructions for new vmware users. everything else is working as expected so I am back in the game.

Thanks to EnderTheThird and others that shared suggestions!

Lol, ok, I'll add it when I get back home tonight... Glad you got it working! :whistle:

Ok, there's 5 pages and this may have been posted already, so I apologize in advance...but this might be able to help some people out, if it works.

Whenever I tried booting natively from the DVD, it never saw my partition in the Disk Utility. It didn't see my hard drive period after I followed the instructions to partition. However, when I used VMWare and chose to install it to a physical disk, it was able to see it and partition it. I'm installing it now, I'll reply when it's done and let you guys know if I was able to boot. I saw on the boards that other people have had the same problem, so I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope this works.

Hi, I having the same problem as osx86fanboi and I get the boot screen and press 1 to boot from the cd rom and I get the same message after I hit enter could it be my Iso? I used ultra iso to convert it. Thx for any advice as I'm a noob to this but not to VMware.

Thx Again

Malcolm

Hi, I having the same problem as osx86fanboi and I get the boot screen and press 1 to boot from the cd rom and I get the same message after I hit enter could it be my Iso? I used ultra iso to convert it. Thx for any advice as I'm a noob to this but not to VMware.

Thx Again

Malcolm

What DVD Image are you using?

Ok, there's 5 pages and this may have been posted already, so I apologize in advance...but this might be able to help some people out, if it works.

Whenever I tried booting natively from the DVD, it never saw my partition in the Disk Utility. It didn't see my hard drive period after I followed the instructions to partition. However, when I used VMWare and chose to install it to a physical disk, it was able to see it and partition it. I'm installing it now, I'll reply when it's done and let you guys know if I was able to boot. I saw on the boards that other people have had the same problem, so I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope this works.

Well, did it work? :hysterical:

OK, I'm hoping someone can help me with this:

I got the 10.4.4 prepatched myzar iso and osx setup in vmware starts great. As expected it finds no destination volume to install on so I go to disk utilities. It sees the HDD and the partitions fine so I select the disk, go into the partition tab, select the 10GB partition ive created with diskpart and click delete. Now at this point, according to some reports I've read, a HFS partition should magically appear - not so. The 10GB partition joins together with the free space that is just below it.

I've also tried selecting the partition, changing the format to mac extended journalled and clicking partition. If I ignore the message about it destroying data on all my partitions, it says 'creating partition map' and freezes a small way through.

If I select the partition on the left and go erase it with the mac extended format it comes up with the error "could not read partition map". If erase the whole disk it shows some promising mesages about partitioning then when verified comes up with lots of errors that cant be repaired. :D

Can anyone point out the stupid mistake the n00bs made?

i got this error PAE

ScreenShot001.jpg

then when ived edit the .vmx then add paevm = " true "

like it said here www.vmware.com/info?id=28

then i got this error

ScreenShot002.jpg

then i shut off vmware and retry got the same error i'm stock at this point

does someone can help me??

on win xp pro sp2

cpu is a 2000xp atlon

why do you say from vmware to native. what does that mean? you instructions are just to install osx86 to a vmware virtual machine correct? Is there a way to go from the vmware machine to running it in a dual boot enviroment or something?

Also when running 10.4.5 in vmware is it very fast or is it very slow as 10.4.3 image I got once and installed in vmware was very very slow

i have a problem ..

when i go to the disk utility feature to format ( erase ) my 10 gb fat 32 drive on which i wanns install mac os x 10.4.3,

this happens ..

is there any way i can fix it ....

i am using the macosx_10.4.3_8f1111+the jas patch ... post-30271-1143097214_thumb.jpgpost-30271-1143097214_thumb.jpg

Go into disk Utility then choose your drive and format it to HFS+ Journaled.

my problem is that when i try to format (erase) my fat 32 10 gb partition to by the disk utility

the following pops up ??

what to do ?

post-30271-1143097663_thumb.jpg

@zeiesfirdaus: I had the same problem.

I used Acronis Disk Director to remove this partition, restarted my PC and created a new partition (must be primary!). Then I changed the active partition to the new partition and back. Why? This seems to force Disk Director to rewrite the partition map. The reboot and try again.

btw. Mac OS need HFS+ to work, not - as shown in your screenshots - DOS. But the Installer will tell you if you try to install there :angel: