[HowTo] From VMWare To Native!

616 posts in this topic

hey everyone! everything worked fine until I reboot and get stuck on the GREY SCREEN! the loading circle keeps spinning for ever, and after a couple of minutes I get something like a STOP sign... what could be going wrong?

I've got a PS2 mouse and keyboard (logitech wireless combo) and a stupid Sata hard drive... VMware could help me actually seing the drives to format it to HF+ type... but I can't get off this grey screen no matter what I do.

Please help me.. looks I'm a few steps away!

Thankss

hi all!

I have uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4 r2 dvd

During the installation in VmWare diskutil correctly detects the size of my HDD (400GB)

but when i boot natively into the osx diskutil shows 128GB for both of my HDDs

-------------

I have ASUS P5K mobo and installing JMicron does not help

• 2 weeks later...

Goddamn this is frustrating. I've been through the official walkthrough on here for VMware install for my computer and it's missing something.

First my system specs:

Dell Inspiron 1501

AMD Turion TL-56 (sse3 and 64 bit support)

512 MB DDR2

60GB SATA HD

VMWare Workstation 6.0

I get installer working just fine (even without booting into windows it just doesn't detect my SATA so I decided to use VMware). I have created two partitions one 5gb (for windows fat32) and one 55gb for OSX (was raw but is temporarily fat32).

There are two seperate courses of action I take. Firstly I can configure the Virtual Machine "use physical drive" option to "Use individual partitions" and "Independant-persistant." This will take me all the way through the install then I can actually get OSX running in VMware. But then when I restart the virtual machine it says the partition table has changed and I need to redo the hard drive (which typically results in nothing being on the hard drive once I redo it). Why is this happening? I assume it's a user-error VMware config but I can't find what option it's missing that would make the data "stick" to the partition it's installing to.

The other course of action is that I configure the Virtual Machine to "Use physical drive" and "Use entire disk" and "Independent-persistant" and then when it's time to erase the OSX partition using disk utility in the installer, it won't actually do anything to the partition. Normally if I were to use the erase disk using the other configuration it would rename the partition and make it available to install but it doesn't. It says "mounting disk" and then finishes as if it did but it doesn't do anything.

Can someone please help me. I've been trying to get this done for several days straight and it's becoming nerve wracking. Especially because I see that other users have gotten it to work on the exact same computer (except maybe a little ram or HD size difference).

Thanks in advance!

Weston

OK, I had this issue before.

What happened is that you missed a step. In the mac disk utilities, before partitioning, you need to choose options and choose MBR. That should fix it.

Mayakovski

First off thanks to this guide I manage to install My hackintosh.however when finished installing I try to boot(vmware)it goes to a black screen with one underscore and does NOTHING just sits there. :| Here are my specs:Intel Pentium 4 ProcessorAOpen motherboardDual hdd's both partioned:112, 36, 39, 30GB XP XP Vista MACI am using:MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2)the partions you selected are under the 128.0gb disk chose the partion you want to install on and go to the erase tab make sure mac os x extended jouraled file system is selected enter desired partion name and click erase. after finished close disk util select the partion you formatted and customize your install then install. Hope i could help

• 3 weeks later...

This kind of error on VMware for Windows appears when you mount the ISO directly in VMware, to avoid that is preferable to mount the ISO with a third party software like Daemon Tools or Nero Image Drive, but in Linux I have no expierence with ISO images, so a better option is to burn the Image.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, i've installed it fine, said installation successful, when it says mac will restart in 30 seconds etc I click restart and then I boot from the HDD I installed it to and all I get is a blinking _

Using JaS 10.48 Beta 2

E6300

P5VDC-MX

250GB Maxtor Sata 2 HDD

any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

i have a similar problem like butcherGEIN...

i am not able to mount or format my hdd's with disc utility... used my sata drive and also tried out an ide drive... didnt work :blink: help needed... more details about my little osx86 adventure here

• 3 weeks later...

Ok i need help . every time i try all i get is the " system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist" not found " afte the 5 4 3 2 1 sceen. and i press ecap and all i get is 5 4 3. then error msg. same with -v.

i did get apple setup going at one point. no clue how!! then harddrive did;t show up on set up so i had to restart. help!

Im installing 10.5.1 for amd using the vmware method. It goes through the initial script part fine and now i have a "leopard background" ( the purple thing with stars) and the beach ball loading thing. It has been like this for over an hour now. Should i wait or have i done something wrong???

it is an hp pavilion dv5000 laptop

amd turion64 1.8 ghz

ati 200m graphics

Would appreciate any help. osx would be awesome on my pc :P

Ya I am also trying a 10.5.1 install disk on my amd laptop and it gets stuck at the purple star screen with a spinning beach ball.

dunno if the iso is any good at all tho.. but it could be a problem with VMware being awesome,

i have HP DV6000

AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56 (1.81GHz)

Nvidia Geforce Go 6150

2GB of ram

The Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.1 AMD

• 3 weeks later...

Hey thanks for this so much!One problem. I am using a Labtop and I don't have the iso image on my labtop. It's on my desktop. And I have to install it on my labtop cause my desktop is not used for these stuff.. Can you help me?PLEASE ANSWER!!!

• 3 weeks later...

*** Virtual machine kernel stack fault (hardware reset) ***<br />The virtual machine just suffered a stack fault in kernel mode. On a real computer, this would amount to a reset of the processor. It can be caused by an incorrect configuration of the virtual machine, a bug in the operating system, or a problem in the VMware Workstation software. Press OK to reboot virtual machine or Cancel to shut it down.<br /><br />before that it said host is 32bit and guest OS is 63bit and that it's a problem<br />i'm using iAtkos 1.0 leopard

EDIT: this didn't help either: *

Comment 11:

If you receive this error message "*** Virtual machine kernel stack fault (hardware reset) *** .....

set your guest OS to Windows NT. from http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Vmware_how_to