[HowTo] From VMWare To Native!

616 posts in this topic

just a question: wanna install natively on asus p4pe on a sata disk connected to promise raid controller (don't want to add an ide disk!), obviously no disk detected.

If i install with vmware, then will my pc boot natively even if raid controller is not detected?

i think no, but is there a patch for RAID Promise 20376?

thanks in advance.

Hi, SABR.

[JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso(4.37GB) or/and JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p ppf(675MB)]

After "Preparing Installation" window,

I saw the following error message.(2.4c_ht_sse2, 1024ram, fx5600, samsung 200gb)

When I installed the 10.4.6_jas.iso and the 10.4.7_jas_repack.iso on vmware5.5.3(physical hard method), no problem.

( http://forum.insanelymac.com/uploads/month...-1167962663.jpg )

( http://forum.insanelymac.com/uploads/month...-1167976230.png )

Can this problem be solved ?

just a few questions if you dont mind. I have been reading alot of posts and articles, if you could help me out with these problems please. thanks ins advance.

1) I got the same issue with JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskut. I have only tried VMWARE installation. My laptop has issues with reading any dvds. In the past i have installed 10.4.1, 10.4.3, 10.4.6, 10.4.7 all installed by VMWARE or DD.

Please can you let me know if you have figured or have found out how to get around the error with jas. 10.4.8.

The error usually comes after the language selection screen.

2) How can i update jas osx 10.4.7 to 10.4.8 in on a

1) Dell inspiron 6000( intel pentium m 1.6, dothan core, SSE2 ,PAE)

2) Acer travelmate 4001lmi (intel pentium m 1.5, banias core, sse2 no PAE)

3) My touchpad does not work on the acer (synaptics). the key board works until i touch the touchpad, then the keyboard stops working until reboot, on the other hand if i use the Fn key to disable the touchpad, then i am able to use the keyboard, even if i touch the thouch pad (obviously its disabled) .

thank you and everybody and insanely mac and wikki x86 project. im learning alot.

tonetime

hi, first of all i don't speak inglish very well, so you have 2 forgive my bad written inglish

i had a problem installing the MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso, i tried to install from the boot of my pc, but this error is on the screen "system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist not found" so i started to search for an answer in this site and i realize that the f*cking Jmicro is the problem, but that's not all.... i tried to install from vmware, like in this topic, and guess what.....yes! it appears the same f*cking error!!!!!!!!!!, and i didn't even use my dvd reader, i was using a virtual dvd unit, make with alcohol 120%, after that, the sistem did boot, but when in the screen says "press any button to start installing" appears another f*cking problem

errorlo7.jpg

i don't know what to do, i have been waiting for this moment... installing mac os x in my pc for a long time....

btw my pc:

CPU intel C2D E6300

Mobo ABIT AB9

Memory 512mb Patriot DDR2-667

HD 250gb Seagate 7200.10

HD 8.4GB Maxtor

DVDRW LG

i hope u can help me

thnks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys i have a problem at the initial start up of the osx in vm, press Esc then choose to boot from virtual cd, starts to load, F8 -v enter then starts to load and then i get this message from vm "the cpu has been disabled by the guest operating system, you will need to power off or reset the virtual machine.

Any body help on this.

cheers.

i have 3 partitions on my 320gb drive:

1) 40gb NTFS for Windows XP MCE

2) 240gb NTFS for windows data

3) 40gb type af created with diskpart (this is where i want to install osx!!)

i am using this guide to do a vmware-to-native install, i select the partition 3 in the vm setup and use the independant persistant option.

when i start the disk utility, it displays my drive as a 120gb drive, and two partitions, one is an 80gb partition, and the other is a 40gb partition. i only have the vm setup to use one partition tho.

due to the abiguitiy of the 2 40gb partitions, i'm really weary of formatting the one that shows up in fear that i format the windows one ;) i'm planning on resizing the 40gb osx to 60gb so that way i can tell which is which...but has anyone else had this problem? does it have to do with the information in the partition tables? is there a fix for it? thanks in advance...

i have 3 partitions on my 320gb drive:

1) 40gb NTFS for Windows XP MCE

2) 240gb NTFS for windows data

3) 40gb type af created with diskpart (this is where i want to install osx!!)

i am using this guide to do a vmware-to-native install, i select the partition 3 in the vm setup and use the independant persistant option.

when i start the disk utility, it displays my drive as a 120gb drive, and two partitions, one is an 80gb partition, and the other is a 40gb partition. i only have the vm setup to use one partition tho.

due to the abiguitiy of the 2 40gb partitions, i'm really weary of formatting the one that shows up in fear that i format the windows one :) i'm planning on resizing the 40gb osx to 60gb so that way i can tell which is which...but has anyone else had this problem? does it have to do with the information in the partition tables? is there a fix for it? thanks in advance...

my machine is an amd athalon 64 3800+

i am using a js 10.4.7 intel+amd repack iso

im mounting the iso in daemon tools

when i install in a default vmware 5 profile it works with an 8gb disk, but when i follow the guide vmware to native and set all the proper settings and point it to my actual hard drive it stalls and stops there

if its any help im using vmware 5.5.0 build - 18463

thanks in advance

hi folks. i hate to beat a dead horse, but someone on this list might be able to help me.

env: dual-core, 4gb, dell latitude d820 (i choose windows then winnt when create vm)

image: osx jas 10.4.7

vmware: 5.5.3

mounted the image via daemon tool. created 10gb vm. yes, i'm trying to install

osx on vmware, not on a logical partition. booted the osx fine. when i get to the

part where i need to select the disk to install osx, it is empltied. i brought up

diskutil, i only see vmware disk image with the cdrom image underneath. i do not

see the 10gb vm that i've created. what did i missed? please help.

thanks!

hi folks. i hate to beat a dead horse, but someone on this list might be able to help me.

env: dual-core, 4gb, dell latitude d820 (i choose windows then winnt when create vm)

image: osx jas 10.4.7

vmware: 5.5.3

mounted the image via daemon tool. created 10gb vm. yes, i'm trying to install

osx on vmware, not on a logical partition. booted the osx fine. when i get to the

part where i need to select the disk to install osx, it is empltied. i brought up

diskutil, i only see vmware disk image with the cdrom image underneath. i do not

see the 10gb vm that i've created. what did i missed? please help.

thanks!

In a nutshell, the problem is that, unless you do a custom install, vmware will create a SCSI disk, which will not be seen by OS X. What I would suggest is do a custom install, and create an IDE disk--when you go to the disk utility, you will then see the disk you just created, and can make the appropriate partition, and continue with the install.

Hi,

I've got an Asus M6R notebook. And i'm trying to install Mac Osx on the entire system natively. Im using Mac OSX 10.4.8 AMD_Intel_SSE2_SSE3 by (JaS).

I do everything right provided in the VMware guide but i still keep on getting this PAE error.

*** VMware Workstation internal monitor error (bug 9297) ***

The guest operating system you are running is using the Physical Address Extension (PAE) processor option. For more information about

running PAE-enabled guest operating systems, please consult http://www.vmware.com/info?id=28

My specs are:

Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.80GHz

512mb Ram

ATI mobility radeon 9100 IGP (128mb)

60gb IDE hardrive with two partitions.

Can anyone please help! :star_smile:

I got it working this way, using VMWare to install to a real partition on my SATA HD, then booting from that. Unfortunately, while it works perfectly (though a little slowly) in VMWare, the native boot has some issues:

1) must unplug and replug keyboard and mouse from USB port for it to be detected, then must tell OSX each time what type of KB it is.

2) because it's a SATA drive, had to use the new kext for it. It works and boots MEGA-FAST, but is unstable

3) Safari crashes without even looking like it started. Installed Firefox from within VMware, then booted natively to use firefox (until OSX locked up natively) to download new kexts and such that I needed.

4) bear in mind, the install works PERFECTLY (networking, sound, etc.) in VMWare. Not so in native

5) can see all my other disk partitions EXCEPT my HUGE storage partition (which is a logical partition--may be a limitation of OSX, I'm simply not sure.

Anyone else who experienced this and solved it, please let me know how you did it. But yes, I can confirm that this method will work, though it took a few different OS X DVD distributions until I found one that worked well for me. Ultimately used a JaS distribution I believe it was.

I have reason to believe (from all my reading on the forums) that adding an IDE drive to the system and installing to it should solve these problems. Anyone can confirm?

I got it working this way, using VMWare to install to a real partition on my SATA HD, then booting from that. Unfortunately, while it works perfectly (though a little slowly) in VMWare, the native boot has some issues:

1) must unplug and replug keyboard and mouse from USB port for it to be detected, then must tell OSX each time what type of KB it is.

2) because it's a SATA drive, had to use the new kext for it. It works and boots MEGA-FAST, but is unstable

3) Safari crashes without even looking like it started. Installed Firefox from within VMware, then booted natively to use firefox (until OSX locked up natively) to download new kexts and such that I needed.

4) bear in mind, the install works PERFECTLY (networking, sound, etc.) in VMWare. Not so in native

5) can see all my other disk partitions EXCEPT my HUGE storage partition (which is a logical partition--may be a limitation of OSX, I'm simply not sure.

Anyone else who experienced this and solved it, please let me know how you did it. But yes, I can confirm that this method will work, though it took a few different OS X DVD distributions until I found one that worked well for me. Ultimately used a JaS distribution I believe it was.

I have reason to believe (from all my reading on the forums) that adding an IDE drive to the system and installing to it should solve these problems. Anyone can confirm?

What's your PC's hardware specs?

When I to install Tiger 10.4.8 in VMWare at the startup of the pre install portion I get error SAM Multimedia read or write Failed BSD root: disk1s0s3, major 14, minor 4

Load of /sbin/launchhd, error 8 trying /sbin/mach_init

Load of /sbin/launch failed, error 8

But If I go ahead and do a Dual boot install on my Dell M90 it works except for some minor video problems.

What could I be doing wrong in the creation of Virtual Machine?

post-103706-1177640844_thumb.jpg

cannot boot OS, freezes here screnshoot:

post-74682-1177671768_thumb.jpg

specifications:

HP PAVILION

Product numer :RE493AA

PentiumD 940 (P) DC 3.2 GHz

*800 MHz front side bus

*Socket 775

Chipset : ATI Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel Processors

Manufacturer: ECS

Motherboard Name: RC410-M

HP/Compaq motherboard name: Asterope2-GL8E

RAM 1GB DDR2 SDRAM

HDD 300GB SATA Samsung

GeForce 7500LE 256 MB DDR

I/O Ports: DVI, S-Video, VGA

Integrated High Definition audio

Realtek ALC 883 chipset

detalis my specifications

so what can do...

any idea, any comand..

pls help me and sorry for my english

When I to install Tiger 10.4.8 in VMWare at the startup of the pre install portion I get error SAM Multimedia read or write Failed BSD root: disk1s0s3, major 14, minor 4

Load of /sbin/launchhd, error 8 trying /sbin/mach_init

Load of /sbin/launch failed, error 8

But If I go ahead and do a Dual boot install on my Dell M90 it works except for some minor video problems.

What could I be doing wrong in the creation of Virtual Machine?

Hi there, I faced the same problem and this is how I solved it.

I mounted the iso on PowerISO and this error occured.

I mounted the iso again on Alcohol120 and just changed the drive of the VM and everything worked fine. Could just be your image-loader that is giving problems.

Hope this helps.

hi all

i have a problem with doing the native boot i have finished the VMware install and everything worked flawless but once i tried to boot natively i go past the darwin loader to the grey apple screen and then it has a spining thing at the bottom of the screen and after a few minutes it displays a little crossed out circle in the middle of the screen but under VMware it works without a hitch

i am using a

asus p5b-e m/b

intel e6400 cpu

asus pci-x eax1600pro vid

2g corsair mem

120g sata h/d (using the whole drive for osx)

i also have a 320g sata drive but that is unplugged for the native boot

i have installed JAS osx 10.4.8 with intel and amd support

can some one tell me if i have missed something

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hay, I did the install and VMWARE was running my Intel E6600 at 70c!

I ran it at 70C for about 10 minutes GASP.

I wonder if any one should put in the sticky of this topic to run VMWARE with Single core?

Single core its at 59c.

I hope no damage was done!

GASP!

Hay, I did the install and VMWARE was running my Intel E6600 at 70c!

I ran it at 70C for about 10 minutes GASP.

I wonder if any one should put in the sticky of this topic to run VMWARE with Single core?

Single core its at 59c.

I hope no damage was done!

GASP!

VMWare doesn't stress the CPU at heck of a lot. The temperatures you are getting are probably high due to an incorrect heatsink placement. Tell me, what are your idle temperatures, and are you overclocking?

No overclocking.

Its usually at 30c and right now its 43.

I did select two cores during Vmware install.

Funny I just watched the 70c for 4 min after letting it go at 70c for 10 min.

ehe, really smart for a CPU I just got 4 days ago.

Thanks for the advice. (I wonder if selecting 2 cores during install was a bad idea)

The intel stock fan WOW what a {censored}.

Im not sure its even mounted on all 4 sides.

I hate it, its getting replaced ASAP.

No overclocking.

Its usually at 30c and right now its 43.

I did select two cores during Vmware install.

Funny I just watched the 70c for 4 min after letting it go at 70c for 10 min.

ehe, really smart for a CPU I just got 4 days ago.

Thanks for the advice. (I wonder if selecting 2 cores during install was a bad idea)

The intel stock fan WOW what a {censored}.

Im not sure its even mounted on all 4 sides.

I hate it, its getting replaced ASAP.

Are you sure that the program is reading the tempearature properly? I use the BIOS as a base for my temps. Anyway - you must be the only one with this problem, since I have my E6300 overclocked to 2.8Ghz and it doesn't have any problems with VMware.

Hope you get it sorted out,

- Sb.

Yes its the fan not totally mounted. Its not compatible with my mobo.

Im getting a blue orb 2.

Thanks again,.

Ahh, thought so. Let me know how you get on with it. :whistle:

hi, im new here and im using the jas 10.4.8 amd+intel with ppf1 & ppf2 version.

computer specs:

amd 3700+ san diego core

2.22ghz, 2.00gb ram

asus a8n-e

ati x800gto

3 hard drives

i tried with both vmware and just regularly but i get this error. how do i fix it?

untitledhg9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so, Spank me if i'm incorrect, but is it possible to install it Within Vmware, (witch i have done and it booted properly thanks to this guide :) ), And then Boot the REAL (the Real HD (Not within VMWare))

!!!!! :hbd: