[HowTo] From VMWare To Native!

616 posts in this topic

Yea, I have other computers but they're older and don't support SSE2 or SSE3. So I think I'm going to work on getting the laptop to dual boot OSX tonight, I need to partition off a space for it, and maybe I can get it to work. Too bad I've been researching for AMD and haven't looked up much on what's needed for Intel.. or laptops. Would anybody happen to know if the touch pad would still work?

Well I ended up doing a Native install on my laptop since XP started giving me BSOD's when trying to boot. I'm still having a problem when I try to boot I either get a blinking _ (similar to what happened when I was trying this on my AMD system.. but it didn't blink), or I get a plist.apple.com not found error.. I think that's what it was called. But I read around and booted up from the DVD and pressed F8 before it did the countdown and typed in "rd=disk0s2" and after jumbling through some lines that were telling me what it was doing, it booted and it asked me what country I was in and all sorts of stuff. So now I have OS X on the laptop.. but I can't get it to boot off the HDD without me telling it what to do. So if anybody runs across help on that issue, please help me out.. thanks.

BTW - The touchpad mouse works great! I didn't have to plug in a mouse or keyboard or anything.

oh. so it's risky for both of us. it would be good if sabr gave us some tips on what to do. he said he'd walk me through the next step.

Hey! Sorry, I literally forgot about this guide! :gathering:

Ok, so, Romer - have you set your OS X partition as the active partition (on your laptop)? If not, that could be why it isn't booting, since it doesn't know which partition to boot.

@ NUCLEaR: Could you explain where you've got up to on this, and then I'll be able to guide you what to do next.

- Sabr. :dice:

Haha, it's a good thing we remembered it then.. right? Something like that..

The OS X partition is set as the active partition, I checked it with Hirens Boot CD.. I used Paragon Partition Manager on the CD, and it only showed one giant Primary "partition", which is the size of the drive, or whatever you would call it. And it doesn't show a drive letter either, it's either a . or a *, I forgot which now. But I right clicked on it and it had an option to set to 'active'.. so I did.

However, now that I tried the "rd=disk0s2" thing, I got this:

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIThermal" has no kernal dependancy and it froze there.

Then I rebooted and got a "Still waiting for root device" after it scrolled through the "Extension...." that I got before, this time it even went on to check for other things and it stopped on ApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v5.9.

Think it has something to do with me trying to set the "partition" to active? Looks like I might be re-installing OS X without any extra partitions for now and report back to here.

Thanks for all the help you've dished out Sabr, trust me, it's much appreciated.

Alright, I re-installed and now I'm getting the "plist.boot.apple.com" error.. Don't quote me on the exact wording there, but that's the error I'm getting now and that's with no other partitions on the drive. Just 60GB for OS X to play around on.. if I can get it to play..

Hi all,

I've read so much about this and have hit this error regarding seeing the partitions

VMware%20screen1.th.JPG

Ive choosen the partitions i wish to use and set them to persistent, however OS X cant see them for some reason?

VMware%20screen2.th.JPG

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Helpp! i get this error :blink: ! :)

*** VMware Workstation internal monitor error (bug 9297) *** The guest operating system you are running is using the Physical Address Extension (PAE) processor option. For more information about running PAE-enabled guest operating systems, please consult http://www.vmware.com/info?id=28

please help :[

Dell Latitude D600

Intel Pentium M 745 1.80 GHz

MMX, SSE, SSE2

768MB of RAM

Mobility RADEON 9000 GFX

checked with Cpu-z

post-124796-1186424125_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First off thanks to this guide I manage to install My hackintosh.however when finished installing I try to boot(vmware)it goes to a black screen with one underscore and does NOTHING just sits there. :( Here are my specs:Intel Pentium 4 ProcessorAOpen motherboardDual hdd's both partioned:112, 36, 39, 30GB XP XP Vista MACI am using:MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2)

Hi all, I've read so much about this and have hit this error regarding seeing the partitionsVMware%20screen1.th.JPGIve choosen the partitions i wish to use and set them to persistent, however OS X cant see them for some reason?VMware%20screen2.th.JPGAny ideas?CheersRyan
the partions you selected are under the 128.0gb disk chose the partion you want to install on and go to the erase tab make sure mac os x extended jouraled file system is selected enter desired partion name and click erase. after finished close disk util select the partion you formatted and customize your install then install. Hope i could help

Hi!

I'm trying to follow the guide but I have a problem.

I set the VM correctly, mount the DVD (uphuck 10.4.9 Install DVD v1.4i r2), set disk to Independent & Persistent.

I start the VM, it boots OK, shows the language selector and then either

it shows up a message:

Untitled-4.jpg

here's a snapshot of the log, maybe it's useful...:

Untitled-5.jpg

This is weird because sometimes it enters the installation screen but after a few seconds it comes back to this...

I'm running a VMware Workstation 6.0.0 build-45731 on an Acer Aspire 1694wlmi, 2Ghz Centrino, 1Gb DDR2, 100GbHD, ATI X700 128Mb

Any ideas?

I installed by VMware and have restart after the installation and dlej does not start me the creator ;)  and such announcement is.

I installed native on second partition, I have to do what enough it started the creator after the installation ??

4qx3br4.jpg

VMware tells me that the OS I am trying to run is a 64 bit OS. "JAS.10.4.8 Intel SSE3 only" Isn't 64 bit right?

Any way I set the OS to 64 Bit other but then I just get the infamous boot.plist error. Any suggestions?

Edit: Also, while I'm at it am I correct in setting the number of processors to 2 for a dual core processor?

I can't seem to get the disk to partition right. I've got 128 gigs set aside, VMWare says it's FAT32. When I get to the OSX installer, no disk shows up, so I go to the disk utilities like you have said.I get there, and it shows up in the left side:128 GB VMWare Virtual. disk0s1I tried just erasing it, I've tried partitioning it...nothing seems to work. I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].Am I missing a step with partitioning?edit: One thing to note is that if I try and "verify" the disk, it fails.

I installed by VMware and have restart after the installation and dlej does not start me the creator ;) and such announcement is.I installed native on second partition, I have to do what enough it started the creator after the installation ?? 4qx3br4.jpg
You have to go back into the settings for your VM and actually remove the HDD and re-add it.

• 4 weeks later...