What about the new ATI HD4850 ?

Soner

911 posts in this topic

I thought that was only for the new Mac notebooks. ;)

Yeah, you're right.

But some think 10.5.6 will come with those new macbooks.

Personaly, I think it's BS.

Wait & See... but don't count too much on it.

Although, 10.5.6 will have blue-ray support, and maybe RV700.

Now, the question is: when will 10.5.6 will be released ?

BTW, a new beta of 10.6 is about to be released.

Hi,

I couldn't read all the topic, but how can I force the screen resolution? I have the 4850 and an LG L1952S (1280x1024).

The resolution is blocked at 1024x768.

How can I do?

I tried unsuccesfully switchresX

I don't think that Apple is that stupid to wait about 1/2 a year till they provide these types of cards and drivers for them (technical evolution never stops).

Cheers

Ueberschall

you under estimate Apple. They can and will and have. BTW its the like the 5th month already...

Hi,

I couldn't read all the topic, but how can I force the screen resolution? I have the 4850 and an LG L1952S (1280x1024).

The resolution is blocked at 1024x768.

How can I do?

I tried unsuccesfully switchresX

Get OSX86Tools. Select Add EFI Strings/Boot flag. In the blank line for the resolution, type 1280x1024x32, then press Apply Changes below. It will ask you to restart. Cancel instead, close this, and back on the main screen of the Tools, run Repair Permissions. Now reboot. After you reboot, run OSX86Tools again, and this time, at the top, select Enable/Disable QuartzGL, and enable QuartzGL. That's as good as it gets so far without proper kexts.

Anyhow, doing this I got QuartzGL and native LCD resolution for my 4870.

Sure this works for 1920x1200 res as well?

no it doesnt only 1600 x 1200.

but i got the quartz gl to work with osx86 tools.

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9442

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

But without QE it just doesnt run smooth.

I think it is only a matter of time now :wacko:

yeah like the time when 10.5.6 comes out. Maybe when the betas come out...

Though it does work ok without a driver but alot of stuff doesnt work, VLC, XBMC, sleep, prob alot of other stuff..

ATI Radeon RV7XX Prototype OpenGL Engine.ATI Radeon RV710 Prototype Engine.ATI Radeon RV730 Prototype Engine.ATI Radeon RV770 Prototype Engine

are in the new kexts :D thats the good news bad news might be that we all will have white menu issues due to no proper OpenGL Engine

ATI Radeon RV7XX Prototype OpenGL Engine.ATI Radeon RV710 Prototype Engine.ATI Radeon RV730 Prototype Engine.ATI Radeon RV770 Prototype Engine

are in the new kexts :) thats the good news bad news might be that we all will have white menu issues due to no proper OpenGL Engine

2 lastExile: I suppose new macbooks have a new kernel and system.kext along with updated kexts and OpenGL framework. Have you managed to get frameboofer with res switch working? I´ll try to get everything that evening at a local Apple Store. Hope they allready have new MacBooks in stock.

2 mogster:

HD 4850 works in vesa mode. You can set desired resolution via apple.boot.plist. Only 4:3 resolutions are supported.

2 lastExile: I suppose new macbooks have a new kernel and system.kext along with updated kexts and OpenGL framework. Have you managed to get frameboofer with res switch working? I´ll try to get everything that evening at a local Apple Store. Hope they allready have new MacBooks in stock.

2 mogster:

HD 4850 works in vesa mode. You can set desired resolution via apple.boot.plist. Only 4:3 resolutions are supported.

if you do copy all ati kexts that you see and opengl.fr from frameworks folder and zip them and take them and up em to rapidshare and send a pm with a link kthx