OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

Hy

I've a P45 mobile laptop (acer 5930g)

After reading all the troubles.. I've an AppleSMBIO ANV-33 kext compiled.. and it's a good start point.

but I see Processor unknown and a lot of characteristics are not usable!

then:

after reading this topics I want to produce my driver..

please.. is anybody there to confirm if am I right or wrong?

1) I have a dsdt.aml working.. compiled in kubuntu.. I must produce a new one?

2) If I use the last IOATAfamily in this forum.. i must fix this?

mine is a hackintosh.. not efi boot... chamaleon mbr boot.

thanks!

guido

I have been able to launch Leopard installation on my 845 chipset motherboard with P4 successfully. But the installation freeze 7 minutes before completition. Could not successfully install Leopard. It seems Leopard is very choosy.

Me again :)

I downloaded iDeneb v1.4 and got past Darwin without cracked BIOS and SATA DVD drive. But I did not actualy completed Install. I tried on MBR disk, install was going smothly, but after reboot, it did not bot. I tried -v and got message about bufer 5254 or somthing... I forgot exact mesage... During instalation I selected only IHCx, DDR2 800, jMicron IDE, and all Aplications. Now I formated the disk with GPT an try all over again, if I have troble again I will write message on peace of paper. Now I did not selected any kexts.

I know that I need to repair premisions or something, but I dont know how to do it. Link to explanation please :D

With GPT it won't even start boting OSX. It says:

boot0: GPT

boot0: HFS+

boot0: booting

boot0: done

boot1: error

And it sits there forever.

You will get some help here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137296

Hello to everyone!

I am one of those unlucky persons that came into a posession of a P45 chipset. The M/b is MSI Neo3-FR. I get the same exact result trying to run iDeneb after a sucessful installation. Can you please help me? Or do I need to order a different mb?

I tried everything and nothing works. I will try with patched bios at the end, but I think that will not work either. Patched bios only enables all cores, but I wanted first to set up everything and then patch/enable cores. I even borrowed SATA DVD from friend and tried iAtkos and Kalyway with Cpus=1. Nothing works. I will try to get this mobo replaced. Will GA X48 DS4 work? Or maybe X48 DS5 ?

I got a P5Q Pro, I can boot off iAtkos install disk fine with no CPUS=1 but cant boot once installed

I didnt try repairing permissions or anything else ill try them later.

I havnt used modified bios or removed any kexts

Also I noticed that the modified firmware for the p5q pro that other people have done is older than what my p5q pro was shipped with so I have not tried it.

Hi there, i managed to boot Kalyway 10.5.2 and install the System on my P45 Board. I needed to remove AppleSMC.kext to get it to work.

But still no boot from HDD :(

Will notice if i get any further on this.

For this thing brother what you can do is. From your desktop run boot.pkg not the one which is included in the same DVD but try the one from iDeneb 10.5.5. yes i tried the one from iDeneb after installing Kalway and now i am able to boot from HDD.

• 2 weeks later...
The GigaByte boards should work just fine, and I even recommend them, because they use ALC889a (0x0885 as a dev-id like in real Macs) and the RealTek NIC that is known to work OOTB..

the problem with MSI is the Processor Aliases thing in the DSDT. Now, new ASUS boards (P45 based) have this thing too, so that explains why it didn't work for BiTRiP and he had to use a modified BIOS..

I still recommend GigaByte boards..

-Kabyl

I want to agree with you because they are the most compatible. I would say Asus up to the P35 and X38 chipsets are as well if not equally as much.

The problem with GigaByte boards is their capacitors are not very worthy over time. You would think there Caps would be equal to Asus but in fact they are not. I have a couple of stores next to me that have both GigaByte and Asus and they basicallly go rid of the all Gigabytes due to unrealiablity of the Caps over time.

I have had my asus board over 15 years never a problem and I have built about 40 PC's for myself in the last 5 years. SOme for my family and others for friends.

I have one Gigabyte board the GA-EP45-DS4. Lets see how long this one will last :unsure:

Does this thread apply equally to all P5Q Deluxe versions? I'm about to build a Mac around a desktop with this motherboard and Quad core processor. BTW this is a marvellous thread. Why has nobody put the results onto the OSX86 Wiki HCL?

I have read countless articles but still can't get 2 cores working.

I have 10.5.6 up and running (iPC) with dsdt.aml in root folder.

I have also tried modded bios to no avail (although it's not needed now)

There are still some errors appearing when booting.

Apple AHCI not loadable

AppleYukon PwrSavingsEED failed to get ACPI device

USBUHCI unable to initialize UCM

Could any of these be the culprit?

I can answer this one!

Your 2 cores are being used but they are just not being shown in the system profiler. You can be sure that they are all working by running .../applications/utilities/activity monitor

Activity monitor will show you 2 activity meters for your cpu!

:(

also in applications like LogicAudio for OSx there is a cpu meter also and you can watch all of your 2 cores working hard!

Can someone please mod the bios for GF7050V-M7 SE 6.x

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=356

Download Link

N73VM724.zip

Please............

• 2 weeks later...
OK, except the audio I have a FULLY working machine on my P5Q3 p45 ICH10R mobo!!

I have to look into the audio since it's a new ADI2000B sound onboard. But rest is working fine!

See picture...its real! :(

post-18995-1214704762_thumb.jpg

Are you going to let us in on how you got it going?

first i have to say that not only this thread, but the whole forum is awesome! :)

with a lot of help from many different threads i finally managed to get the kalyway release running on my p5q/p45 mobo with everything working including lan and sound.

since i'm running 10.5.2 right now, the next step for me would be to update to 10.5.6, but i had no luck with that yet. i tried the 10.5.3 comboupdate several times but mac os just won't boot up again after the update, giving me a "still waiting for root device".

has anybody managed to apply this update on vanillakernel?

Allthough it's not needed anymore to have modded BIOS with 10.5.6 and/or Chameleon Bootloader with DSDT override (or Netkas EFI v9), people are still asking for BIOS mods.

So ok, for those people here is my modded BIOS 1702 for the P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi.

Good luck again.

Hi Bitrip. I've been trying to follow the posts on OS X on a P5Q3 Deluxe motherboard.

Being very new to the Mac scene I don't understand all the terms that are used in the

posts. I'd like to run Mac OS X on my P45 P5Q3 Deluxe rig to get familiar with the

MAC so I can make a decision to buy a Mac or not.

I've downloaded several of the Mac install DVD's (ideneb, Kalyway,Ipc). They all

boot and load the mac software successfully but when it tries to boot to the

newly installed system, it gets to the Apple screen and sits there.

I read your post in early January that a modded bios is no longer needed, but

I'm assuming there is something else I must do to boot into Mac after the install.

My motherboard is a stock P5Q3 Deluxe with WiFi and all SATA drives (both

hard drives and burners). I have sata in bios set to AHCI.

I will be getting retail Mac OS X dvds Wednesday but I'd like to make a copy of them

so that I have a backup set before I start playing. Is there a way to copy them

either from Win Vista or from the utilities screen of one of the distros I

downloaded?

Most importantly, do you have a tutorial or guide that might assist me with getting

Leopard running on my P5Q3 without a modded bios?

If I have to make kexts or plists how do I do that and do I need Boot 123?

I know I'm asking a lot, but I'd love to get mac working on my rig.

If you need full specs of my P5Q3 I can provide them.

Thanks

Allthough it's not needed anymore to have modded BIOS with 10.5.6 and/or Chameleon Bootloader with DSDT override (or Netkas EFI v9), people are still asking for BIOS mods.

So ok, for those people here is my modded BIOS 1702 for the P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi.

Good luck again.

My current Bios Rev is 1306

Hey guys!

I've been reading this port like for 3 months, and i finally got my ECS p45t-a working with BITRIP's modded bios. I can get everything to work, from HDs to Ethernet, but i can only boot with cpus=1 or cpus=2... i only get 2 of my 4 cores working, if i Put cpus=3 or 4...or just leave it with no flag, it will reboot himself forever.

This is my system:

ecs p45t-a rev.1

intel q6600

6gb of ram

satat dvdrom

3 sata hd's

m-audio audiophile 2496

if someone can help me i'll apreciate a lot!!!

thanks in advance!

diego