818 posts in this topic

Sure, where want you to have it?

I have some Ready-To-Use BIOS now:

P45 Chipset:

MSI P45 Platinum

MSI P45D3 Platinum (DDR3 Version)

P35 Chipset:

Foxconn P35AX-S

If you guys need one of them, just drop me a line.

Hi , im new in this, and i really need help to get this work:

I have the Mac OS Leopard 10.5.2 Kalyway and the mac OS Leopard 10.5.4 Iatkos 4.0i.

For the Kalyway, when i boot, it freezes when pressing a button to launch the instalation, (shows a bunch of texts in DOS. Now in IAkos, i press the button to launch the instalation and it gets to a screen with the mac logo a a circle loading... nothing else... I have been reading about the Bios mod u do and i think that is the issue...

This are the specs of my computer:

Current OS: Windows Vista 64bit

Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.40ghz

Mother Board: Msi P45 Platinum

Graphic Card: Msi Nvidia 9600gt

Ethernet: Realtek Rtl8168c(P)

Audio: Alc888

Memory: 4gb

Could you please or anybody upload the files i need, if possible a short tutorial on how installing this, and which one should i use (Kalyway or Aitkos).

Apreciate your help in advance..

Franklin

Franklin_days@hotmail.com (an email would work too) Thanks again..

Hey All,

Yesterday I bought one of the latest motherboards of Asus, the P5Q3.

This motherboard has also one of the latest chipsets of Intel, P45.

Before I bought it, i did some researh but without result so I just bought it, thinking it wouldn't be that hard to get osx86 on it.... :)

Unfortunately I am not even able to boot the install dvd or boot from a running version of OSX on a USB drive.

The boot already stops at the beginning like is showed here:

error.jpg

Does anyone already have more luck with P45 boards and Leopard?

Any tips are welcome!

Thanks guys.

BiTRiP

:help:

I'am so stupid !!!!!!!!!!!

I have :

Mob : AsusteK PQ5 SE

Pro : Core 2 QUAD

Vid : Geforce 9400 GT

HD : SATA 225 Go

RAM : 8 Go (2x4Go)

We try to install with an IDE DVD Player

Change many times Bios 703, 801... Finally choose 803

Then It still doesn't work.

A friend told after 3 hours of unsuccessfull work : Why doesn't try to install with an USB DVD player instead of an IDE DVD player ?

And it works for the install of IPC OSX 10.5.6 !!!!

I hope it will help all nubies like me ! And i hope i'll have the award of the simpliest and better post ever made

Loool.

See ya

I know it's fixable in BIOS, as BiTRiP has done, but what about embedding it into the Kernel Source so it's universal?

there should be a DSDT table in the OS X kernel, it shouldn't be too hard to edit right?

that would make it possible to install without modding the BIOS (i just built this rig last week, i don't want to mod the BIOS).

• 2 weeks later...

Sir 

i Download P45MACOS.100.rar , P45MACOS.123.rar Modded Bios for P45 platinum

then i update with P45MACOS.123.rar after flashing my system not booting. my 

Morherbord bios carshed but reinstall my bios(Visit My Bios ReFlashing)

Sir Can u Please make A working and Suitable Modded Bios for P45 platinum 

Please helpme to install this 

My System Config

Intel Q6600

Msi P45 Platinum (Visit MotherBoad Spc}

Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512 MB 

4 GB RAM

500 GB HDD

LG DVD RW

Yours Faithfully 

Play DVD BOY

Actually I dont know how to mod the Bio I think you can request Juzzi...he is the one who is expert in this........

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136586

Also I am going to my native place today...So I wont be available for the next 20 days..........

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Sage

Hey guys... I have been following the posts in this thread for a while and I have managed to install ideneb 1.3 on my P5QC but I now face a problem I hope you can help me with.

I only can start with the in safe mode (-x) and I don't know how to read the logs so I can figure out what is going on. I have attached the log file (both, normal and safe mode).

Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance.

SPECS

Asus P5QC

Intel core 2 Duo E7300 2.67Ghz

Modded BIOS 1806 (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=46852)

2GB RAM Corsair 800mhz.

160 GB SATA HD (in AHCI mode)

iDeneb 1.3 OS X 10.5.5

nVidia 7300 512MB

Netword adapter ENL832-TX-EN (not working :( )

Here is the file:

P5QC_LOGS.rtf

Sir

i Download P45MACOS.100.rar , P45MACOS.123.rar Modded Bios for P45 platinum

then i update with P45MACOS.123.rar after flashing my system not booting. my

Morherbord bios carshed but reinstall my bios(Visit My Bios ReFlashing)

Sir Can u Please make A working and Suitable Modded Bios for P45 platinum

Please helpme to install this

My System Config

Intel Q6600

Msi P45 Platinum (Visit MotherBoad Spc}

Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512 MB

4 GB RAM

500 GB HDD

LG DVD RW

Yours Faithfully

Play DVD BOY

Actually I dont know how to mod the Bio I think you can request Juzzi...he is the one who is expert in this........

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136586

Also I am going to my native place today...So I wont be available for the next 20 days..........

RoberT_XeS

InsanelyMac Sage

Soon will arrive at my home this platinum p45 motherboard, i will try to install, i already get the patched DSDT , i will try to boot with XPC and this patched dsdt install retail then i will post the solution and the guide....be patience

Has anybody attempted/made a correct BIOS file for the Asus P5Q PRO TURBO boards yet? I can't seem to find any information about this board. I'm attempting to preform a retail install.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a P5Q Deluxe. I've been wanting to do this on my setup with E6750 (oc'd to 3.2), 6GB RAM 1066mhz. Though, i have Vista 64-bit installed and want to dual boot. I can make an image of my HDD currently and modify accordingly. I tried this past weekend with another guide, with no success http://osx86.tistory.com/264 . Is the modified BIOS critical, or is there just specific settings that need to be set, like SATA to AHCI? I have a RAID 1 setup already for all my media, so has anyone been able to install with RAID enabled, instead of AHCI?

What distro should I get to install OSX..iDeneb? Kalway? iPC? Retail 10.5.4 w/Boot-123?

I gave up and set it aside for week, but now i'm back and eager to try to get this damn thing to work.

• 2 weeks later...
For those people with a Asus P5Q3 mobo, here is the patched version of the latest bios version (0704)

ATTENTION: This is NOT for the P5Q !!!!!(without the 3).

Click this link to download the file.

Enjoy!

BiTRiP

I cannot flash that one.

Ive got a ASUS P5Q3 (w/o Pro or Deluxe, just P5Q3) and tried to flash via the BIOS tool.

It told me that the file dosent match (too big), and right yours is about 2MB and the ASUS one is 1MB.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...3-ASUS-0707.zip

Can anyone help me?

:EDIT

Found one, works great with ASUS P5Q3!

• 3 weeks later...
Has anybody attempted/made a correct BIOS file for the Asus P5Q PRO TURBO boards yet? I can't seem to find any information about this board. I'm attempting to preform a retail install.

I have P5Q turbo ........................ >_<

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there guys....

I'm a total n00b regarding osx86 and I'm trying to figure out things...

So I updated the bios of my P5Q3 using this file from this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136586 (I downloaded the "0707 BIOS ASUS P5Q3 FOR MAC OSX & ALL OS INCL BY JUZZI.ROM"

Then tried to mount the Install DVD (iPC osx86 10.5.6 ppf5 final) and worked perfectly...

I didn't install it yet cause then I saw this post from bitrip posting this other bios update

"0704 ASUS DELUXE MOD BY KABIL.ROM"

So my question is this:

Should I keep the first bios that I have installed or should I update it with this one?

thx in advance

(and sorry for the n00b question)

EDIT: Ok I just saw that the the bios that I have update is more recent than this, so I guess I'm sticking with it...

@Klank

Yes I would stick with the one you have, also note that the 0704 Bios has "Deluxe" in the name, and your board isn't a Deluxe version?

On another note, I was wondering if anyone knew what you differently from the normal way when you want dual boot OSX and WinXP on a single drive with 2 partitions?

Would I need to install XP first, then format the other partition with something so that it can be read by the OSX install dvd?

I too have 'iPC OSX86 10.5.6 PPF5 Universal Final.'

• 2 weeks later...
For those people with a Asus P5Q3 mobo, here is the patched version of the latest bios version (0704)

ATTENTION: This is NOT for the P5Q !!!!!(without the 3).

Click this link to download the file.

Enjoy!

BiTRiP

Hi Have a P5Q3 Mobo but is not Deluxe, this work for me?

Thanks

Sorry, as it's been mentioned, this is for P5Q3 Deluxe only. It won't work for your board.

By the way, for those who are interested in modding the bios, follow this wonderful Howto by David Tsu:

A guide for modifying DSDT for AMI bios

I followed it and came up with this: P5Q3 Deluxe Bios v.2105 with modded DSDT (Leopard) and SLIC 2.1 Hewlett Packard (Win7):

P5Q3_2105_DSDT_SLIC21.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there.

I dont think that matters, since you mod the ACPI AML.

I did it on my own with my MSI P45 Premium, now all 4 cores working well. And that mod is just simple ;)

Things you need are:

- iasl Tools from Intel

- some Tool able to extract/replace parts from your BIOS (for me i used MMTOOLS, 3.19 T21fixed)

- some HEX-Editor

Steps are as follows:

1. Extract your ACPI-AML (DSDT) (uncompressed) from an original BIOS ROM File.

2. Copy the extracted ROM-Part to the folder where you installed the IASL-Compiler

3. Open your DOS-Prompt, type

iasl -d <filename>

to decompile the DSDT. it will write an *.dsl file.

4. open the *.dsl file with some Texteditor, remove the 4 *Alias* lines

5. go back to the iasl-folder and type

iasl -t c *.dsl

. it will compile the sources you created in step 3

6. open the resulting *.hex file with an texteditor, you just need the hex-values in each line (8 values each)

7. use your hex-editor to create an *.rom file from those hex-values

8. save the file as *.rom

9. use MMTOOLS to replace the ACPI-AML block.

10. save your BIOS & flash it. You are done!

If some of you guys need the BIOS for that P45-Board just drop me an line. Its the newest 1.1 release from today.

Have fun on your P45 Hackintosh :)

Hello Masters!

i am new in hakintosh world, but i intend to remain for a while :-)

i have trouble to boot a 1.5.6, 10.5.7, 10.6 (a421) on my PC's:

one quad core, on MSI P45C Neo-FIR (bios : http://download1.msi.com/files/downloads/b...xe/7572v12.zip)

one dualcore, on Biostar P43-A7 6.x (bios : http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/biosdl.php?BID=1366)

i have read hear, and understand is a problem with msi and biostar bios ... on p43/45.

Can Mister iPhoneTom or other master to look at my bios? and put a magic in there? ;)

thanx in advance!!!