OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

Well ... i took the steps that the guy on the page 21 did . So I didn't modded my BIOS . But i have a problem with 10.5.5 v1.3 iDeneb . When I complete that Welcome steps after I select "I don't want to transfer any data from a Mac" or some s.... it comes back to Select the country you're in ....What the heck ? Do you guys have any ideas on this ? If you didn't get it because of my bad english i already installed it !

My system : P5Q-e , e8300 stock now , HD4870 , 4 gb DDR2 800 , WD 3200AAKS and a Creative Audigy SE audio card if it matters .

Thank you ! :)

Who are you talking to?

I had sleep and shutdown working in both 10.5.5 and .6 on my P5Q-E but it broke due to something I did.

I suspect it was installing Andy's voodoo 9.6.0 kernel because it changed my model type to macbook and {censored}ed with power management. I also caught it looking for something in /Users/Andy bla bla during boot up.

Definitely not recommended.

I suppose anyone who has been using this board.

I too have been experiencing issues using the new voodoo 9.6. I have a asus p5kc. I think the board is broken though, I have never been able to achieve sleep properly, not even in windows.

Well ... i took the steps that the guy on the page 21 did . So I didn't modded my BIOS . But i have a problem with 10.5.5 v1.3 iDeneb . When I complete that Welcome steps after I select "I don't want to transfer any data from a Mac" or some s.... it comes back to Select the country you're in ....What the heck ? Do you guys have any ideas on this ? If you didn't get it because of my bad english i already installed it !

My system : P5Q-e , e8300 stock now , HD4870 , 4 gb DDR2 800 , WD 3200AAKS and a Creative Audigy SE audio card if it matters .

Thank you ! :)

Enable the Firewire in the Bios and it should resolve the issue for you...........

Hi,

First, here is my configuration:

Intel Q6600 2,4 Ghz

Sparkle 9800GTX+

Corsair XMS2 DDR2-1066 4GB

MSI P45 Neo-F(P45 und ICH10R)

Western Digital SATAII 640 GB(Windows Vista x64)

Western Digital SATAII 160 GB(For OSX, I want to use GPT, also called GUID)

LG GH-22NS30(SATA)

My Mobo is the Problem. The P45 Northbridge only works with iDeneb.(In Safe Mode and CPUS=1) I've tried iAtkos 1.5i and XxX 10.5.5. They doens't work. I'm downloading iPC and JaS 10.5.4. Any Idea how I can make it work?

Hi, Could you tell me how did you make you audio work? I have the same mobo, with iDeneb 10.5.5 and the p45udio.zip kext doesn't work.

Awsome, P5Q-E Working

Using Modded Bios

Top Ethernet working

Bottom Ethernet detected, but does not seem to work (I haven't bothered fighting with it, as I only need 1 right now and will spend my time getting my 1000GT working instead anyways)

8600GT

Q9450

Sound working

4xWD6400

1xWD80 GB (OS)

SATA DVD+-R Working

I'm very interested in creating a Boot-132 disk for the P5Q series if anyone would like to give me a hand collecting the correct kexts, just pm me

Hi, Could you tell me how did you make you audio work? I have the same mobo, with iDeneb 10.5.5 and the p45udio.zip kext doesn't work.

Awsome, P5Q-E Working

Using Modded Bios

Top Ethernet working

Bottom Ethernet detected, but does not seem to work (I haven't bothered fighting with it, as I only need 1 right now and will spend my time getting my 1000GT working instead anyways)

8600GT

Q9450

Sound working

4xWD6400

1xWD80 GB (OS)

SATA DVD+-R Working

I'm very interested in creating a Boot-132 disk for the P5Q series if anyone would like to give me a hand collecting the correct kexts, just pm me

Hi all

Managed to get 10.5.5 partially working on:-

Asus P5Q-E, modded bios 1703, Q6600, 4gb ram, Geforce 7600. 5 SATA drives.

Dual booting with Vista.

Whats not working-

only 1 core,

keyboard keys shift not corresponding to upper symbols

no sound

Shutdown & sleep.

If I patch with PCwiz's DSDT patcher & Universal OSx86 Installer will all these probs be overcome?

Will I be able to do the automatic upgrade to 5.6 from within 5.5?

TIA

PS From an xtreme noobie

Hi all!

I have an MSI GX620 gamer laptop, and there is Intel PM45 chipset (ICH9M) in it.

The installer only starts with the cpus=1 command, so I would like to patch the BIOS.

I would be glad, if someone can help me (patch it, or give me a tutorial).

Thanks everything.

• 3 weeks later...

I have read countless articles but still can't get 2 cores working.

I have 10.5.6 up and running (iPC) with dsdt.aml in root folder.

I have also tried modded bios to no avail (although it's not needed now)

There are still some errors appearing when booting.

Apple AHCI not loadable

AppleYukon PwrSavingsEED failed to get ACPI device

USBUHCI unable to initialize UCM

Could any of these be the culprit?

I also have an ASRock P45R2000 WIFI with a Core 2 Duo E2180 and am having the same issues as the above two posters.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone like BiTRiP would kindly provide us with a modified bios for this motherboard.

I have uploaded the latest bios zip file on mediafire here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0f8fa4e...2db6fb9a8902bda

Thanks in advance! :)

I installed iATKOS successfully on my P5Q-Deluxe with modded bios 1611. I am now unable to boot into OSX I can select OSX partition however it simply reboots my PC everytime. I recently purchased an 8400GS because my GTX260 was not compatible.

Any Clues?

I installed iATKOS successfully on my P5Q-Deluxe with modded bios 1611. I am now unable to boot into OSX I can select OSX partition however it simply reboots my PC everytime. I recently purchased an 8400GS because my GTX260 was not compatible.

Any Clues?

Follow the instruction given in this guide. Actually you need to verify and repair the permission using Disk Utility before restarting the computer.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137296

Hi all

What about Asus p5q-e and Leo without hacked BIOS?? Is it possible yet?? I tried iAtkos v4.1i , XxX 10.5.6, Kalyway 10.5.1... and I always get restarted at a very begining. I decided to go with GUID partition table and iDeneb 1.4 (which i downloading right now). Can I use Gparted to make GPT disk? I have IDE DVD in jMicron controler and that why I want to use iDeneb. And GPT because I might want to try Retail & EFI partition in future. So the bigest question is which partitioning toll to use to make GPT disk since I cant use that one in OS X installer because computer restarts before gets there. I know that flashing the BIOS would solve the problem, but that is not the option, at least for now.

PS: I tried with cpus=1 -v and I got "still waiting for root device" mesage.Same on every distro. I think it is because IDE DVD. Did anybody successfully instaled Leopard on IDE DVD connected to jMicron IDE controler?? I mean on p5q-e mobo... What i need to do other than buying SATA DVD drive??

Me again :(

I downloaded iDeneb v1.4 and got past Darwin without cracked BIOS and SATA DVD drive. But I did not actualy completed Install. I tried on MBR disk, install was going smothly, but after reboot, it did not bot. I tried -v and got message about bufer 5254 or somthing... I forgot exact mesage... During instalation I selected only IHCx, DDR2 800, jMicron IDE, and all Aplications. Now I formated the disk with GPT an try all over again, if I have troble again I will write message on peace of paper. Now I did not selected any kexts.

I know that I need to repair premisions or something, but I dont know how to do it. Link to explanation please :P

With GPT it won't even start boting OSX. It says:

boot0: GPT

boot0: HFS+

boot0: booting

boot0: done

boot1: error

And it sits there forever.