hp Pavilion dv6000 series AMD

..TheOne..

359 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hello again, and sorry for the late answer.

That's right, you're supposed to just remove it. The file is there for backup reasons as you correctly figured.

Anyway, let me tell you that once, for research matters, I've tried this resolution fix and after success I put IONDRVSupport.kext back to the directory and doing this didn't turn down the fix. The resolution was still the correct one.

I still recommend to remove it because it's the way I've got succes.

Hey when i delete this IONDRVSupport.kext i cant boot leopard anymore it just hangs on the boot screen. ive tried with -s -f -x...

how to put the file back when u cant boot and the files is on the usb harddrive.

This is what i tried to follow.Solutions:

1) Install included NVDriver.kext, NVidia.kext, NVinjectGo.kext using kext helper. Remove IONDRVSupport.kext from /System/Library/Extensions folder. Reboot and open System Preferences panel. Now you can choose your correct screen resolution.

my contribution to this thread:

tested in mac os x 10.5.5 with voodoo kernel

- for sata / cdrom problems: try this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;pid=1059459

- video: install NVkush.kext

- bios hack: read http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;pid=1106994

- sound: connexant from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140869

- keyboard/trackpad: based on this one http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...&pid=807999 - works ok

- webcam: search here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;pid=1146132

- shutdown: test by booting with -x, if it works them can be bluetooth related (zip the iobluettoth*.kext and it's fixed) or search for the kext that is causing the problem

• 2 weeks later...

After trying to install Mac OS X Leopard on my HP Pavillion DV6607RS I finnally got it to work with Annauki's options. Now I am really happy because I've tried this for 2 years :). Is there anyway I can get the drivers listed in the NOT WORKING because I was trying searching around but I never found anything. I seem to have the worse mix of hardware ever

WORKING:

Broadcom Wireless (Out of the Box)

Volume Up and Down Buttons (Out of the Box)

NOT WORKING:

Nvidia Geforce 7150M

Nforce 630M

Conexant High Definition Smart Audio HD2

Other Monitor

Screen Resolution

Sound

Headphone Jack

Sleep

Hibernate

Quicklook Full Screen (very slow & sometimes crashes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am using a hp pavilion dv6000 computer when dual booting with mac and vista.

the sound card for me is not working. not sure if that is because i did not install it, or because of some other reason. if someone can please help me find a solution to this problem, that would be awesome.

i think it this has to do with the fact the mac does not sense it, so a driver installation might work?

not really sure. so if anyone can please help me get this thing to work, that would be awesome!

thnx in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded iPC X-DL and every time I try to boot, I get this panic.

panic(CPU 0 caller 0x0019DAD2): "simple lock deadlock detection:

lock=0x6385e0, CPU=0, owning thread=0x2d79e"@/VoodooKernal/

xnu-1228.7.58/osfmk/i386/locks_i386.c;317

Here's my problem. I have Leo4all 4.1 booted up and when I go to partition my HDD it always times out. I tried to use Parted Magic to make an HFS+ partition with a GPT partition table. OS X detects it at the start and when I begin the installation, I get an error like 5 minutes into it. I'm going to make a bottable USB drive and see if that helps.

What means "out of the box" ? :bag:

It means that it works right after installation without tweaking or speacial installation methods afterward.

Ok, so I got Leo4All 4.1 burned and everything. I booted it up with Anunaki's options and the DVD runs and loads fine with no lagging. My problem is that when I try to erase by 160 GB HDD, it times out every time. I opened Terminal and ran some fdisk commands and apparently the drive is write locked or something like that. So I popped in my Parted Magic disc, formatted my whole HDD to HFS+ with a GUID table. Booted up Leo4aAll and Disk Utility says that it's formatted as a Mac OS Extended partition. Not Journaled. The drive shows that it's ready for installation so I went ahead and try to start. But as soon as the installar is done calculating the time it will take, I get an error telling me that it couldn't create the files on my drive and to reboot.....Please help me.

Specs:

Pavilion dv6607rs

nForce Chipset mobo

AMD64 Athalon x2 TK-55

I see above that another member has my model too and got it installed just fine.....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a DV6119us model. I'm also using Kalyway 10.5.2 and have tried all of the kernels except the Vanilla XNU.

The system hangs when it reaches AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

There is no Kernel Panic however I do see a dependencies error.

Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

• 2 weeks later...
Hello to everybody!

Since the old Tiger dv6000 & dv9000 thread is almost dead months ago, and there is a "intel only" thread for this series, I decided to start a new one where we can find answers to our questions and easy directions and help to get Leopard running on our AMD hp Pavilions.

Let me tell you that for what I've seen there are also some hp tx1000, tx2000 and dv9000 series with almost the same components, so they're all welcome to help & ask.

My Specs:

hp Pavilion dv6420la

AMD Turion 64 x2 TL 56

1 GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce Go 6150 Graphics

Broadcom Wireless 4312

Microdia Webcam

Ricoh 5on1 media card reader

160 GB hard drive

Right now this is what I have:

Installed iso: Leo4allv3 (almost same results with Leopard_AMD_EFI_r2)

Install methode: Dual boot (Leopard 10.5.2 & Ubuntu 8.02) to internal drive.

Working:

Keyboard & Touchpad working ok.

Native 1280x800x32 screen resolution. (Using kexts from attachment, follow instructions)

Webcam working out of the box.

Audio working out of the box. (Using Azalia audio drivers from installer)

USB ports working out of the box.

DVD+RW working out of the box.

Not working:

QE/CI (We really need to develope an open driver for GeForce Go 6150)

WiFi (Detected but it's not finding any network, oddly, it found and connected to networks

during installation process) Actually working now, see the edit.

Ethernet (Detected and it also makes my modem go active... but can't connect to the internet)

So, welcome and be free to share your experiences!

Edit (8/8/08):

Solution for making WiFi and screen resolution work (dv6420la file attached)

I have found some ACPI-related kext that can make wifi work, or recover it from any failed installation. I'll post this package here, with the instructions of use included.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------INSTRUCTIONS.rtf

Symptoms:

1) I've got 1024x768 screen resolution and it is impossible to select another one from System Preferences.

2) My wireless card is on and it's recognized by OSX, but when I search available networks, it doesn't find anything.

Solutions:

1) Install included NVDriver.kext, NVidia.kext, NVinjectGo.kext using kext helper. Remove IONDRVSupport.kext from /System/Library/Extensions folder. Reboot and open System Preferences panel. Now you can choose your correct screen resolution.

2) Install included AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleAPIC.kext using kext helper. Reboot. Now you have your shiny Wifi working!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!! First of all i want to thank u for your topic about ho dv 6000 amd series, cause i did not find anything about the install in hole web about those series, and i got one, the dv 6220, i need u please to help me with the install, i already download the leo4allv3 and burn it, y start from the disc and when im starting the installation i get this error: system config file' /Libary/preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found. 

Can uu tell me what i did wrong? My hardware is almost the same as yours i dont get it... 

i need to burn it again?

Please help me! ill be very thankful!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got OSX up and running on my HP Pavillion DV6636nr with iATKOS_V7. Had wifi out of the box. Working on graphic card right now and haven't checked sound. I installed the apple ps2 driver for mouse and keyboard and don't need a usb mouse and keyboard at start up.