hp Pavilion dv6000 series AMD

..TheOne..

359 posts in this topic

I have been over these threads many many times, and I am still having problems with installing OS X, any distro.

My Specs:

HP Pavillion dv6609wm

Processor: AMD 64 x2 TL-55

Chipset: nForce 750

Video: Nvidia 7150m

Mem: 2.5 Gb

WiFi: Broadcom

Ethernet: nForce ???

HD: 160Gb

Problem having:

1.) Wrong size reported when formating for Journaled Extended (ie 20Gb partition, only shows up as 6.5 Gb)

2.) Sometimes problem booting DVD, and I do use idlehalt=0

Can someone please help? I didn't know where to put this but, I figured this goes in this section since it deals with most of the same type of hardware.

***side note*** I can install kext's if needed into ISO, so that's not a problem.

I'm sorry, but i have to lol @ all of you. I've been using 10.5.6 - 10.5.8 now with absolutely no problems, running on voodoo 9.8.0 kernel, have efi string for graphics with full QE/CI, its the life lols

oh, and snow to :angry:, but slow need some kernel sources to fix

specs you say? here ya go

CPU: AMD Turion TL-56 x2 1.8Ghz

Ram: 2x1gb 667mhz

GFX: Geforce Go 7200 256mb discrete memory

chipset: nforce ATA

wifi: BCM4311

lan: nForceLAN

meh, if you have the geforce go 7200, and teh dv6000z, i might be nice enough to give you ma efi string, but i only hang out on #hackint0sh on irc.osx86.hu so dont expect it here

Current Update:

Installed perfect...now when booting I get "still waiting for rood device".

I tried the idlehalt=0 option and no luck

Need help please! as to what to do next to get it to boot into OS.

You need to install nForceATA when you're installing, also install voodoo9.5.0

jb34cmu: yes iAtkos will work for this, it is going to be apain because you need to learn a lot about your hardware though :)

Im a noob and in need of desperate help im sorry I want to install Mac OS X on my Hp Pavilion DV6609wm laptop but I have had no luck ive tried Kalyway 10.5.2 it boots up to the installation screen but does not detect any hard drives what so ever only detects the dvd does not show up in disk utility either. I have partitioned my hard drives and I want to Install this on an Internal Hard Drive

My hard drive is a: FUJITSU MHW2160BH PL ATA Device

here are so specs i got using CPU-Z

Processor

Name - AMD Turion 64 Mobile TK-55

Code Name - Tyler Brand ID - 3

Package - Socket S1 (638)

Specification - AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55

Instructions - MMX (+), 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64

Motherboard

Manufacturer - Quanta

Model - 30CF

Chipset - NVIDIA - nForce 560 - Rev - A2

Southbridge - NVIDIA - nForce 560

BIOS

Brand - Hewlett-Packard

Version - F.32

Date - 03/03/2009

Memory

Type - DDR2 Channels # - Dual

Size - 1024 MBytes

Graphics

GPU

Name - NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

- Revision - A1

hope this is enough information please help me

I downloaded iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Final PPF5 and burn't it to a dvd ran it and this is what i got wont boot

This picture below me is when i press enter before i press f8

SNC00234.jpg

stays stuck at that screen ^^^^^^^^^^

and this picture is when i pressed f8 and did the -v code

SNC00233.jpg

stays stuck at that screen^^^^^^^

please help i have no idea what to do

but when using Kalyway i get past all of that dont know if there is any problems just know i get to the installion screen I Accept terms of agreement when it says select destination theres no hard drive or even when i go to the disk utility theres no hard drive only thing there is the dvd

i am in need of desperate help i dont know nothing about kext or anything my hard drive is partitioned as FAT32 and named Mac OS X

You need to install nForceATA when you're installing, also install voodoo9.5.0

jb34cmu: yes iAtkos will work for this, it is going to be apain because you need to learn a lot about your hardware though :D

What do u suggest then i want to run atleast 10.5.5, it is a 1.8ghz AMD Turino 64x2 tl-56, 1 gb of ram, 160gb hd, nvdia geforce 6150, broadcam wireless, when i try to load iaktos v7 it comes to the screen but my mouse wont budge, help?????

Ok sorry but i tried iatkos v7 and 5i even jas 10.4.8 but i keep havin the same problem, my computer wont even load vista which is what i want to wipe out, it says that a plist file is missing or something when i try to hit a button to launch from cd and just keeps starting the count down over what can i do again specs are

hp dv6408nr

amd turion64 x2 tl-56

1 gb ram

160gb hd

nvidia geforce6150

broadcam wireless is all i really care about

I want to run atleast 10.5.5 maybe even snow leopard if someone could tell me how please help?????????

I NEED HELP!!!....ok so my hpdv6408nr with an amd is f***ed up, everytime no matter what disc, ideneb, iatkos, jas, ipc they all say the same thing it cannot locate file boot.plist or something along that line. So i take out the harddrive and stick it in my hp dv9500t and i start this disc up and it loads fine, is there a way i could possible load all the right information for an amd on it let it install then pop the hard drive back in the hp dv6000 amd to see if that works...please help need this to work quicklly!!!

I NEED HELP!!!....ok so my hpdv6408nr with an amd is f***ed up, everytime no matter what disc, ideneb, iatkos, jas, ipc they all say the same thing it cannot locate file boot.plist or something along that line. So i take out the harddrive and stick it in my hp dv9500t and i start this disc up and it loads fine, is there a way i could possible load all the right information for an amd on it let it install then pop the hard drive back in the hp dv6000 amd to see if that works...please help need this to work quicklly!!!

Ok, this problem is caused from having a phoenix bios. The solution is to do one of the following (to boot the DVD, either one)

1. Add a Boot password (not a bios password) in your BIOS settings

2. Just press ESC and select DVD Drive (or HDD once installed)

This must be done for the DVD or the Installation once you're done. There is a workaround for those who are lazy and just want to power on and wait (no interaction). Here it is:

make sure you have at least 10-15gb free space (you can use less, its for linux, i like having space on my linux partitions for accually using them):

1. Install OS X using w/e method

2. Install Ubuntu (or w/e favor of linux you prefer, Ubuntu will be the easiest)

3. Be sure to manually edit partitions :(

4. Before install is done, click "Advanced"

5. Under "Advanced", where it has a dropdown menu for GRUB install, make sure it is set to "hd0" and not "hd0,2" or w/e (this is forcing it to install on the MBR rather than the partition itself).

6. Add an entry to /boot/grub/menu.list This entry should just look like a Windows grub entry (there are examples commented out, its just a chainloader) Set this to the OS X partition

7. Reboot, you'll note that you have to manually arrow down to select OS X, well, lets boot back to Ubuntu :D (i could have told you this before, but do it this way, you'll see whats going on a bit more)

8. Take the entry for OS X, and put it up top, above the other entries

9. Set the Timeout to something like 2-3 secs (this way if you want to use linux, you break the default)

10. You're good! reboot again, it will go straight to Chameleon! yay!

I finally got OSX up and running on my HP Pavillion DV6636nr with iATKOS_V7. Had wifi out of the box. Working on graphic card right now and haven't checked sound. I installed the apple ps2 driver for mouse and keyboard and don't need a usb mouse and keyboard at start up.

Can you post the steps you followed to install "apple ps2 driver for mouse and keyboard" please?

• 2 weeks later...

The only one I can/could get up and running currently, is Kalyway 10.5.2, and everything works almost 100%, the only thing that doesn't work, is the headphone jacks, which is fine.

I am currently trying other distros to see if I can get them to run as well, any hints or suggestions for other distros would be of great help!!!

Thanx

New Update:

Currently running iDeneb 10.5.7

Everything works excellent!!, just need to do the Resolution fix.

Simple question, do I need to keep/delete the NVD* files in

System/Library/Extensions/ ????

Thanx, and I love it!, may go for full Mac when I get resolution fixed!!!

Thanx guys for all help!

• 1 month later...
New Update:

Currently running iDeneb 10.5.7

Everything works excellent!!, just need to do the Resolution fix.

Simple question, do I need to keep/delete the NVD* files in

System/Library/Extensions/ ????

Thanx, and I love it!, may go for full Mac when I get resolution fixed!!!

Thanx guys for all help!

Hi Puma,

good day! interested to know if you got QE/CI working on your 7150M? i got dv2815nr and would like to turn it to a full hackintosh, but i haven't found a solid confirmation on the nVidia Go 7150M. :P

hoping for your considerate and favorable reply. thanks! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys ! I have a problem with installing OSx86 ! I tried with iATKOS V7 and iPC PPF5,but i have failed .With iATKOS,my HD was not detected . With iPC,when it have just loaded , a problem has occurred :

IMG_0023.jpg

My specs :

AMD Turion 64x2 TL-58

Memory 2GB

NVIDIA Geforce Go 7150 Graphics (MCP67 ???)

Broadcom Wireless 4311

Ricoh 5on1 media card reader

Ethernet nForce

HDD 120Gb ATA

(Compaq presario V3614au)

...So,who can help me ,or anyone has specs like that,please show me step by step to install ! Please help me ,i'll be very thankful !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any workaround for the partitioning timeout? Like I've stated before, Leo4all times out whenever I try to create a partition for it for some reason. :-\

Pavilion dv6607rs

AMD Athalon 64 TK-55 x2

nForce Chipset

It will boot just fine and everything....It just won't make partitions. Please help me...I'd really like to get this system running.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to first thank the guys who worked so hard in this thread and posted all the very helpful information, thank you very much for your time and efforts.

I've got an HP DV6409wm that has the AMD processor, Turion 64 x2. The chipset is nForce MCP51 or 430, whichever you want to call it. The graphics is nVidia 6150 GO. Wireless is Broadcom and ethernet slips my mind right this minute.

I too tried many, many distros of Leopard. The iDeneb 10.5.7 and iPC versions were the only two that I could get to boot and install. iPC was the one that I had the most trouble with however and I think maybe that was due to what I read in the first 4 pages of this thread. The PS/2 keyboard and mouse issue, where you have to have them plugged in or else the boot won't happen.

After about 9 days straight now, many downloads and countless hours, my HP has Leo4All v4.1 running which is 10.5.4 I believe. However, I too have to plug in a USB mouse and keyboard or when the laptop boots, the onboard keyboard and trackpad do not function. After OSX boots, I can remove the keyboard and mouse and everything seems to be fine so far. WiFI is working perfectly, resolution is somewhere in the neighborhood of right though in Windows Vista I believe it's running at around 1400 by something...only about 1280x800 in OSX but it still looks pretty good compared to when I first booted up earlier tonight. This thread is pretty old and I apologize for bringing up such an old thread but I have a few questions that hopefully some of these guys can answer if they are still around this forum.

Has anything come up that lets you get past having to use the external USB keyboard & mouse?

Is there a newer version of OSX that will install or is there a way to extract whatever it is that makes this version work and put it into a newer version, like 10.5.8 maybe?

Is it possible that some of the other versions that I installed and couldn't get to boot will work if the keyboard and mouse are plugged in or is that just with the Leo4All version 4.1 install?

Is there any workaround for the partitioning timeout? Like I've stated before, Leo4all times out whenever I try to create a partition for it for some reason. :-\

Pavilion dv6607rs

AMD Athalon 64 TK-55 x2

nForce Chipset

It will boot just fine and everything....It just won't make partitions. Please help me...I'd really like to get this system running.

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying but I know sometimes I had to quit the disk utility and start over many times until it finally would unmount the drive to format the partition that I used for my install today. It kept saying it was unable to unmount and I had to just keep trying over and over until it finally just took. I don't know why it was that way but it was.

What I mean is that when I try to use Disk Utility to partition my drive, I get the this error. "Failed: The Operation Timed Out." My drive never gets partitioned. It'll un-mount it but then the loading bar just stays striped. Here are my specs.

mv10tc.png

Trackpad scroll is now working. The "fix", or workaround was found in this thread. Basically you can do one of 2 things...edit the ApplePS2Trackpad.kext, or delete it. I tried the edit method and it did not work at all for me. (works now) So, I went for the delete method. Now trackpad works and is customizable under System Preferences / Keyboard & Mouse / Mouse (not trackpad 'cause it ain't there no more). Still have to boot w/USB kb/mouse unfortunately.

- Go to /System/Library/Extensions/

- Back up ApplePS2Controller.kext

- Go to /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

- Delete ApplePS2Trackpad.kext

Please post your successes or fails with your dv6000 AMD in this thread.

Well... It's been awhile since I started this thread... Happily, now I've had a Macbook since late 2008 :(

Sorry for not posting the workaround for the need to boot with USB keyboard and mouse plugged since the very beggining... but as far as I remember, Leo4All didn't produced that issue for me.

So, here it goes:

WORKAROUND TO BOOT OS X WITHOUT USB KEYBOARD & MOUSE PLUGGED ON HP PAVILION DV6000 AMD SERIES

*When booting, just after you type -v and hit enter, touch as soon as possible your volume and media keys at the top of the keyboard and touch them several times, just in case.

(yes, those blue touch-sensible that make a sound when touched!)

*This seems to make the boot process to "detect" the keyboard and trackpad and launch the appropriate drivers for them, just as the presence of USB did.

*A good sign to know that you did it on time is that for the rest of the boot process, this keys won't produce any sound if touched again, and you won't be able to lock/unlock the keyboard (with the little button at the top of the trackpad).

*If you did it on time, hopefully your keyboard and trackpad will work when OS X loads.

Good luck, and happy new year for all!

Well... It's been awhile since I started this thread... Happily, now I've had a Macbook since late 2008 :(

Sorry for not posting the workaround for the need to boot with USB keyboard and mouse plugged since the very beggining... but as far as I remember, Leo4All didn't produced that issue for me.

So, here it goes:

WORKAROUND TO BOOT OS X WITHOUT USB KEYBOARD & MOUSE PLUGGED ON HP PAVILION DV6000 AMD SERIES

*When booting, just after you type -v and hit enter, touch as soon as possible your volume and media keys at the top of the keyboard and touch them several times, just in case.

(yes, those blue touch-sensible that make a sound when touched!)

*This seems to make the boot process to "detect" the keyboard and trackpad and launch the appropriate drivers for them, just as the presence of USB did.

*A good sign to know that you did it on time is that for the rest of the boot process, this keys won't produce any sound if touched again, and you won't be able to lock/unlock the keyboard (with the little button at the top of the trackpad).

*If you did it on time, hopefully your keyboard and trackpad will work when OS X loads.

Good luck, and happy new year for all!

Thanks a lot, I'll try that and see how it works out for me. I appreciate you coming back and answering the post, thank you. I too hope to have a real Mac soon but this is kinda fun while being a PITA at the same time, ha-ha.

Zenn12 - Your setup seems pretty close to what I've got with my HP DV6000. What version of Leo4All are you trying to use? I used the Leo4All v4.1 for my install and it's the only one that would even come close to loading and working. And it does take it's dear sweet time and at times you'll think it's completely stopped but it hasn't. About the only difference I see between yours and my laptop is the chipset. I think yours is 5 series and mine is 4 series. Sadly HP doesn't give any options in the BIOS to change anything suggested for booting OSX. If you aren't using the V4.1 then I'd suggest you try that.

Man, I've got like 9 or so different distros trying to find one that will install and work on different computers that I have. And this thread was the most helpful for the HP with an AMD processor with the Nvidia chipset. So don't give up just yet...you might have to find another distro. But like I said too, you might have to keep quitting the disk utility and going back into it and trying again until it will format that drive or partition.

Something to try, I've had to do this in the past cause of the same thing you're talking about until I found a better working distro...Hirens Boot Disk. Find yourself one of those on the internet. Download it, burn the ISO using ImageBurn and then boot that into the HP. Use the Partition, option #1 and then try the first one, Partition Magic. If that one doesn't work, try #4 which I believe is Partition Commander. Use one of those to partition your drive if you're trying to dual boot and/or just to format that partition to Fat32. I did that when I couldn't get OSX to format the drive so I could get on with the install trial.

And as a side note... I got my HP dual booting with Vista & OSX very easily using the Hirens disk, more simple than anything else I've seen on here or any other forum. Might have just been luck but it's working. Install Vista first and then used Hirens to partition the drive, then installed OSX. Boot back and get OSX up and running and then shut down and boot back off the Hirens disk. Then set the Vista partition to active and when I boot back, hitting F8 would give me the boot option of Vista or OSX. Simple, took about 5 minutes to do and it's not failed yet. But like I said, might have been luck and might not work for everyone or anyone else.

Alright, well I tried that and I either didn't do it right or it doesn't work on this model. I figure with my luck, it ain't gonna work on this model, just nice...real nice.

Anyway...I'll try again and report back. I thought about taking the chip out of a mouse and trying to make a dongle for this and see if that would work. If I could take one and flash it with the stuff from a keyboard and a mouse, then that would probably work if I could package it into a USB thumb drive somehow.

• 1 month later...

Well, first of all, thanks to everybody here, because I finally got my HP Pavillion DV2225NR almost working at 100%, I used iDeneb 1.6 (10.5.8) to install in the harddisk, besides Windows 7 and OpenSuSE 11.2, the boot is handled by Grub. As everybody here, I also got the Keyboard/Touchpad issue, but in some thread (I cant remember where), somebody explain that disabling the wireless trough the front switch, the keyboard and touchpad are correctly initialized without the USB keyboard and mouse, and thats true, because i tried disabling the wireless trought the front swicth and the keyboard and touchpad works flawlessly BUT ... theres no way to enable again the wireless within Mac OS X, no matter if you turn on the front switch or whatever you do.

Well, besides the keyboard/touchpad issue, the sleep capability is the only that I got now.

- MotherBoard nForce 430 (nForce Fix - Working)

- 1.6 GHz AMD Turion ™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50

- 2048MB DDR2 (2 Dimm)

- NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA) 128MB (Working 1280x800)

- 120GB 5400RPM (SATA) HD

- 14.1" WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)

- Integrated nForce MCP51 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (nForce lan driver - Working)

- Broadcom BCM4311 Wireless Connectivity 802.11b/g WLAN (Working)

- Audio Conexant HD (AzaliaHD - Working)

- Keyborard/Touchpad with QuickLaunch buttons (Working only when boot up with USB Keyboard/Mouse pluged in)

I hope this info could help somebody, and of course, It will be great if somebody could find the way to get the Keyboard and Touchpad work properly ;)

See you :happymac:

Hey i just got ideneb v1.6 lite working on my dv6258se laptop.

1.8ghz amd turion tl-56

2 gb ddr2 ram

nvidia geforce go 6150

430 nforce chipset

320 gb sata hard drive

This is what i checked:

-ideneb main system

-bootloader chameleon v2

-9.5.0 kernal voodoo

-Applesmbios 667 mhz

-disabler

-dsdtpatcher

-appleps2old(still have to have keyboard plugged in but voodoo made it not work at all also deleted trackpad from extensions folder after install to get that working)

-aboutthis mac

-systemprofiler fix

-firewire remove

-idlehaltfix

-seatbeat fix(didnt apply it on the install but had to apply it after because of kernel panics)

-voodoohda

-applenforceata test

-nforceethernet

-broadcom wifi (applied the wifi kexts from the first page after install)

-no video (installed graphic fix kexts from first page after install)

-voodoobattery

-sd/sdhci drivers

I always press escape during boot and select hard drive and boot with idlehalt=0 cpus=2 -v or it wont work. Not pressing any keys after i enter that command seems to speed up boot time to me greatly.

Hopefully this will help someone who is trying to get this to work ;) Everything works the same as the post above