hp Pavilion dv6000 series AMD

..TheOne..

359 posts in this topic

thanx " annunaki "

this one really help me, booting with a voodoo kernel beta2

Mine looks like this:

CODE<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/Property/List-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v idlehalt=0 cpus=2</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

</dict>

</plist>

it goes faster like a charm ... but i just want to know what is this code for " <string>-v idlehalt=0 cpus=2</string> " and why we put this string, can anyone explain plz

-------------------------------------------------

HP dv6284eu

Nvidia chipset 6100

VGA GeForce 7200 Go

What exactly isn't working? Will the install DVD not boot? Will the DVD boot but not see your HDD? Or will it install but not boot after the install? Any kernel panics? What kexts are choosing, chipset etc? We need more info.

so... I'm trying to install Kalyway 10.5.4... after the setup loads UI I could enter in the disk utility but I could not find the HD. I searched for a BIOS (ACPI) option to turn off but I didn´t find it. So.. someone can help me? Thank you.

so... I'm trying to install Kalyway 10.5.4... after the setup loads UI I could enter in the disk utility but I could not find the HD. I searched for a BIOS (ACPI) option to turn off but I didn´t find it. So.. someone can help me? Thank you.

I have the same exact problem, I would like to know of a fix

Hello. I have problem. I am install Mac Os X (Kalyway 10.5.2). Install worked perfect. Mac install behind 20 minutes. After install power on my notebook (HP Pavilion dv6810) and Mac starting... I am waited 2 minutes... After two minute Mac wrote out this:

http://i35.tinypic.com/r7ubgl.jpg 

Where is problem? 

Sorry behind my english. I live in Slovakia... ;)  

I had managed to install leo4all v4.1 on my Presario v6000 (V6211AU).

My specs are :

Processor - AMD Turon 64X 1.6 Processor

Motherboad Chipset - NForce 3 Motherboard

RAM - 1 GB RAM

Video - GForce GO 6150

Audio - NForce Built in

Ethernet - NForce built in

Wifi - Broadcom 4162 (I Think, That's what my MAC shows)

Bluetooth - unknown

Results

Processor both core detected,

Motherboard chipset detected

Video is working perfectly (Thanks to the patch given here)

Ethernet working (Again using the patch mentioned

Wifi working out of the Box

Bluetooth working fine out of the Box

Sound no problem

Use the idelhalt=0 to speed up boot time.

Tested Wifi, Ethernet & Bluetooth & DVD writing. All are working.

Finally, I do not both USB Keyboard & Mouse at boot time. Only the USB Mouse does the job. After booting I can remove the Mouse.

Edit:

After about 15 days of testing here are my results.

Ethernet worked for First Three days. After that link falls after about one minute after connection. Now no connection at all. Although Link is shown as connected but does not find my gateway host or DHCP server of our LAN.

I can boot without the USB Keyboard randomly. Sometimes it works without the USB Keyboard, sometimes does not.

Hello,

I've got HP Pavilion tx2000

I have IDENEB 1.3 and Kalyway 10.5.2

I tried hundreds of times to install Leopard,

but the results after booting are:

- screen with apple's logo and after while message " Please restart your computer" or something like this.

- or just dos message 'error'

Please tell me where is the problem

Is the problem in my customization?

Thank you.

i have a hppavilion dv6810us the installer wont recignize my hard drives on ideneb or iatkos v4a

any kexts i could use to make the installer reqignize my hard drive? also do you think a usb hard drive will work? all help will be appriciated thanks please pm me

Hey, has anybody figured out a working fix for the "still waiting for root device" problem in the dv 6000 series? A lot of other posts say to change the hdd to master, but I believe that's not a changeable setting in a laptop.

I am booting leo4all on a HP Pavilion DV 6436nr laptop. I can boot in safe mode, but if I try normally I get that dreaded repetitive message, just after it says "ERROR: Can't determine firewire security mode. Defaulting to full secure." It booted fine the very first time, immediately after installing Leopard.

Can anyone help me?

Specs:

AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile TL-56 1800 Mhz 2 Cores

Nvidia Geforce Go 6150

Conexant HD audio

Quanta 30B7 Motherboard

160GB Toshiba HDD

2GB Ram

Thanks to anyone for any help you can give me on this, it seems a lot of people have this problem, and I have yet to find a definitive answer for how to fix it. If anyone has my laptop model or similar and knows a way to fix this, please reply. I am also looking for a kext to get my Conexant audio working, if anyone has one. Does the Azalia kext work?

I successfully installed a kext for my graphics card (resolution) while in safe mode. I then tried the kext for wifi (both from the dv6420la pack) which made it recognize my wifi card, find and connect to networks, but it still can't find the internet. Does this just have to do with it being in safe mode? Other computers on the same network can get internet, except for my iPhone, so maybe it's a Mac thing, where I need to change some setting in my router.

Any help on any of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I've been reading through these forums (and others) for the past few weeks, almost obsessively, to find a way to install OSX on my HP laptop. Here's my specs:

- HP Pavillion DV9074cl - Entertainment PC

- F.3 BIOS Version

- AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-56 1.8 GHz 1MB L2 Cache, 677MHz FSB

- Motherboad: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 (C51MV)

- 1Gb DDR2-667 RAM

- NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 - 256 MB

- (2) 100 GB HD (SATA?)

I've tried iDeneb, Kalyway, and Leo4All v.4... all with there own little issues and problems. I've encountered all the same issues as most DV6/9000 owners, but I can't seem to find my way through an installation. The furthest I've gotten was with Kalyway 10.2.2. It made it all the way through the installation, and when it rebooted, I got through Darwin and it hung up on me somewhere after FireWire not being recognized...

So here's my plea: Is there any concrete tutorial (and I'm talking idiot-proof) that can walk me through an installation? I've read through this one and this one, and even though they are thorough, they only got me so far...

Rather than try and troubleshoot problems that I've already encountered, I'm looking for suggestions. I want to start from scratch since my computer has no operating system right now (the last install was on the first disk, but hung with 3 minutes remaining) and I want to achieve a dual boot between OSX and Windows XP... This way, I can troubleshoot problems as they arise and can explain what I've already done.

So where do I start? XP first? OSX first?

What version of OSX? Which version will cause the least amount of installation headaches?

Will this ever work with my machine or should I just call it day?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Hi guys!

I am pretty much a newbie on this kind of stuff. Right now I have a HP DV6505eo laptop on which no distro will show a driver(no, not even in the disk util). So I got myself a 8 GB usb stick and I installed iDeneb 10.5.5 but as I rebooted after installation it dies and reboots. I guess I choosed the wrong drivers and patches and stuff. I hope you guys can help me. So here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK53

RAM: 2 GB

GPU: nVidia GeForce Go 7150M

WiFi: Broadcom

Soundcard: 3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated

I don't know any more and can't find any more info.

i have had a complete install and boot on my dv6810us using leo4all v4 and some patches to the iso. unfortunatly your barking up a dead tree if you have this particular laptop as nothing is supported! no qe/ci, no ethernet and no wireless. however the keyboard and mouse work fine!

there is no cpu throttling and it causes the laptop to run excessively hot. i had to send mine in for repair and they landed up replacing the heat sink because of excess heat! audio is not supported either at this point.

i've been watching for the last couple months on progress for my chipset and haven't seen much come of it but if you feel the need to get somewhere search for some of Greenturtle's posts. he helped me get a bootable install

Ok I have been reading the forum now and again for the past year almost. Last year I gave this thing a stab with a tutorial thread which I did not happen to pay close enough attention to which did not end good in my case since it was a tut for dv6000 series with intel based chips. Now I shied away from giving this another try until I got enough information so this will be my second attempt. I was looking for some help in getting started. I have a dv6470us model which I want to load osx on. The following are my specs. If you have recomendations based on my specific model I would love to hear how I can get the simplest install without running into too many snags like last time.

Specs:

CPU Type AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-64 2.2GHz

CPU L2 Cache 2 x 512KB

Memory Size 2GB DDR2

Hard Disk 200GB

Optical Drive DVD Super Multi

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200

Video Memory Up to 335 MB TurboCache (64 MB dedicated)

Communication Modem, LAN and WLAN

Card slot 1 x Express Card

Display

Screen Size 15.4"

Resolution 1280 x 800

Hard Drive

HDD 200GB

HD RPM 4200rpm

HD Interface SATA

Max Memory Supported 2GB

If you can link me to your own threads or other's threads with similar specs and guides of how to proceed or if you can recomend the best kexts and iso to start from I would appreciate it. From what I have read so far my best bet would be to install to an external hard drive since I have SATA, if this is the case please let me know what I should do. Thanks again.

I am just letting you guys know another Success, but on an HP DV2000z.

the specs are almost exactly the same, so following the one's and annunukai's method worked exactly.

one thing that i didn't see addressed here, whenever i would first install i would get these mDNSResponder errors :"couldnt read user specified hostname, reverting to macpro00aa77cc4477instead."

i dont know if i couldve just waited this out, eventually i booted into single user mode, and touched the /AppleSetupDone after setting a root password, then booted into safe mode, logged in as root, and setup my main account and the computer host name (in sharing prefs) that way. I can't be certain that I had to do that, but it is the only thing that got me past that stupid mdns bonjour thing.

Once i booted into safe mode that first time, I could boot into -v mode wihtout -x.

Then i applied the kexts for video from the one (geforce6150) and teh wireless by the one (broadcom working, have to reconect to network after power off), sound works, video is 1280x800, dvd drive is recognized as dvd-dl write capable.

still have to use external keyboard and mouse. I cant believe that makes teh difference of not booting or actually getting to see that beautiful dock on your hp. what a mess. im hoping there will be a fix for that eventually, would be nice to dual boot on the go.

one thing to look at, it is only seeing one core, i thought my computer , the hp dv 2000z, had the same processor as annunukai, the AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-50 (1.60GHz/256KB) (1.075 V). i know its a little different, but 2 cores. it shows up as a single core 2ghz. I did the kernel flags fix, and use teh stage 9.4 kernel. activity monitor only shows one core as well.

it is still very useable, and I can't believe Im finally seeing os x on this computer after trying for about 2 years, im posting from it now.

any help here on the processor fix?