hp Pavilion dv6000 series AMD

..TheOne..

359 posts in this topic

which one would be more likely to work?

Both seem about equal. However, Leo4All v4.1 has the StageXNU kernel (properly recognizes processor speed, cores and type) and the power management bundle is built in...just have to enable it in System Preferences.

Of course, it all depends on the version laptop you have (AMD or Intel) and what MCP is installed (MCP 51, MCP 67). The folks with MCP 67 have been having a very hard time getting the system to install.

Ok, here are the kexts. 1 minute early!

Anyway, I nested the folders so it would make sense where they came from.

toward the end, I just made folders named system..library..extensions. That still means 3 folders ( i.e. system>library>extensions)

I'm going to try the ps2 file first and see if it makes a difference. But it's the same size. What seems interesting is the sse2 jas ACPI extensions

By the way, contents of powermanagement_bundle_powermanagementpkg should be contents of powermanagement_bundle_powermanagement.pkg

good luck!

dv6000_9000.zip

hi. I just installed leo4all v4.1 on my dv6000 following the guide ok page 4. I'm just having a little problem with the step that says to open osx86 tools. I can't se to find them anywhere. Also,I partitioned my he with vista ubuntu and Leo. Now I can't boot windows saying there's an error with something. Can someone help me with these problems? Or at least tell me how to get my wifi working in leopard. Thanks

Mixer, you may have accidentally marked your vista partition as inactive.

There's a lot of ways to command line fix it but I find it much easier just to take the drive out of the laptop and mount it as a secondary drive and mark the partition as active again in disk management. Then when you put the disk back it will boot again.

Disk management under xp:

1. right click my computer

2. choose manage

3. Click storage

4. click diskmanagement

5. right click old Vista partition and choose mark as active

Hope this helps

Yeah, I suppose I'll start with replacing the ApplePS2Controller.kext and probably the AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the Kalyway version. There may be more kexts or files that need to be replaced, but this is a starting point!

We may have to play around with different kernels as well and find the right combo.

I only recently joined this quest for a ps2 sollutions, but did you try the solution AppleACPIPS2Nub from Chun-nan in this topic?:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114578

~pcwiz made a pkg from Chan-nun's work in PS/2fix1054.zip you can find here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117359

wth, i attached the package below

Or is this the same as the PS2fix that is already included in leo4all? ;)

PS2Fix1054.zip

I only recently joined this quest for a ps2 sollutions, but did you try the solution AppleACPIPS2Nub from Chun-nan in this topic?:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114578

~pcwiz made a pkg from Chan-nun's work in PS/2fix1054.zip you can find here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117359

wth, i attached the package below

Or is this the same as the PS2fix that is already included in leo4all? :(

PS2Fix1054.zip

I will tell you that the PS2Fix1054 has fubar'd my installation. It's quite possible that happened because I installed Leo4All v4.1 with StageXNU kernel and ACPIPlatform 1.1.0 (contains ACPIPS2Nub "proper version").

There were messages about dependencies and duplicate entries of some sort.

I am now reinstalling Leo4All v4.1 with ACPIPlatform 1.2.1 and some other changes to see what happens. Maybe someone else has had some luck?

I will tell you that the PS2Fix1054 has fubar'd my installation. It's quite possible that happened because I installed Leo4All v4.1 with StageXNU kernel and ACPIPlatform 1.1.0 (contains ACPIPS2Nub "proper version").

There were messages about dependencies and duplicate entries of some sort.

In Chun-nan's topic I've seen this duplicate entry message also being discussed. Chun-nan's topic is rather well-documented. I copied this part below:

Hi austinsnyc,

According to your log:

"

Jul 9 23:12:52 localhost kernel[0]: Class "AppleACPIPS2Nub" is duplicate

Jul 9 23:12:52 localhost kernel[0]: Duplicate class

"

You need to remove or move the old ACPIPS2Nub.kext from your extensions folder.

Chun-Nan

Sorry for the mess-up and thanx for introducing me to this excellent 4-letter word fubar. :pirate2:

Well I have a dv6700 laptop. iDeneb couldn't read my hard drive so I'm getting leo4all in hopes it will work. I found a kext with the NForce sats controller that I was told should get it to work. How would I insert it into the iDeneb dvd?

hey guys, so after 3 days of getting os x on my laptop (dv6000) and messing it up and getting it back up... i have finally set my laptop with wifi and right resolution. only two things are missing, the laptop wont recognize my iphone when connected but it will recognize the keyboard and mouse when booting. also my vista partition wont boot saying I need to recover with the recover cd.. and my ubuntu partition doesn't show in Efi... other than that i luv me OS X lol... any help would be appreciated

hey i forgot to ask if i should update my apps? last time i had os x set up right i updated itunes, quick time and other apps that needed update and thanks to that os x wouldn't boot anymore. i would get some "mac version not yet set" or something like that

hey i forgot to ask if i should update my apps? last time i had os x set up right i updated itunes, quick time and other apps that needed update and thanks to that os x wouldn't boot anymore. i would get some "mac version not yet set" or something like that

I'm not going to get in to the vista/Linux issue as there are others who can help more than I, but as far as the apps, it's relatively safe to update everything except the 10.5.5 upgrade.

It will fubar your Leo install. Fubar. Fubar. Fuuuuuubaaaaaarrrrrr. :(

The 10.5.5 should be left alone until the geniouses like Kalyway, JaS and such can come up with a "safe" version.

but it will recognize the keyboard and mouse when booting.

Did it just automatically work? Or did you have to do something special to make them work from boot? This is KILLING me having to plug in a keyboard and mouse just to boot up. I am really wanting to get that fixed.

me love you long time Blarneystone!! hehe

btw.. quick question.. I read somewhere that my desktop gigabyte mobo and a Intel E6750 proc are really good for running leopard, so I REALLY want to put it on a seperate HD and try it out. I also have a Nvidia 8800 GT video card. My question is. Do you guys think it will run leopard well? Like much easier than my AMD laptop? If so which distribution should I use? Last question is, since it has the 8800GT video card, will the graphics look better, and will I be able to use the menubar transparency, etc?

Did it just automatically work? Or did you have to do something special to make them work from boot? This is KILLING me having to plug in a keyboard and mouse just to boot up. I am really wanting to get that fixed.

oh, i meant it will recognize my usb mouse and usb keyboard when booting... i also noticed that it will recognize every usb gadget you plug in while booting (iphone) but if i disconnect then connect it wont mount it...

i have a little problem. leo wont play any videos.. every time i try to play a video (.mp4 .mkv .mov .whatever) it crashes the program. i tried using itunes, quicktime, vlc, divx player and none work. lol i'm already thinking of going back to vista... at least stuff works over there....

dv2419us

Microprocessor 1.8 GHz AMD Turion ™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56

Memory 2048 MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA)

Video Memory Up to 559 MB

Hard Drive 160 GB (5400 RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)

Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Should i use kalway or leo4all? I know its not a dv6000 but any help is great!

dv2419us

Microprocessor 1.8 GHz AMD Turion ™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56

Memory 2048 MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA)

Video Memory Up to 559 MB

Hard Drive 160 GB (5400 RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)

Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Should i use kalway or leo4all? I know its not a dv6000 but any help is great!

Between the two, Leo4All v4.1. You can also try iDeneb v1 or v1.1. All should work, but you'll not get QE/CI. Follow the install instructions on p.4 of this thread.

oh, i meant it will recognize my usb mouse and usb keyboard when booting... i also noticed that it will recognize every usb gadget you plug in while booting (iphone) but if i disconnect then connect it wont mount it...

i have a little problem. leo wont play any videos.. every time i try to play a video (.mp4 .mkv .mov .whatever) it crashes the program. i tried using itunes, quicktime, vlc, divx player and none work. lol i'm already thinking of going back to vista... at least stuff works over there....

You will have some problems with Leo due to lack of QE/CI video support on HP shared video. Remember, OS X was designed for use on Mac certified hardware...iMac, Mac Books, etc. It was not written for use on a Dell or HP. There will be problem areas with certain hardware until someone "hacks" it and makes it work. For most of us on this forum, we do this because it is fun, because it shouldn't be able to be done, and because we want Mac but can't afford the ridiculous price inflation on standard hardware...thanks Steve.

So, if you are discouraged so easily, go ahead and put Vista back on your machine and wait until the kinks have been worked out. Otherwise, you can stick around and find a way to make it happen.

ok experts, I could use some help. I pulled the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the Kalyway install. I think this is exactly what we need to get native keyboard running. However, on boot, I get the error:

Local APIC version not 0x14 as expected, then some more debugging info and a freeze. see attached screenshot (sorry for the blurriness)

I think if we could remedy that, we'd be successful getting our keyboards and trackpads working.

Basically, my question is do you think this error points to an SMBIOS error, motherboard or what?

post-281176-1222012199_thumb.jpg

ok experts, I could use some help. I pulled the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the Kalyway install. I think this is exactly what we need to get native keyboard running. However, on boot, I get the error:

Local APIC version not 0x14 as expected, then some more debugging info and a freeze. see attached screenshot (sorry for the blurriness)

I think if we could remedy that, we'd be successful getting our keyboards and trackpads working.

Basically, my question is do you think this error points to an SMBIOS error, motherboard or what?

I can not say what this points to, but when I tried Chun-nans ps2-fix and changed AppleACPICPlatform from 1.0.3 (I chose 1.1.0 in leo4allv4.1 install and then the wifi fix set it back to 1.0.3 again) to the 1.2.1 I found on Chun-nans topic I got exactly the same Local APIC version not 0x14 as expected error and my install got FUBARed :D

Is this some cpuid problem maybe?

@ Mass-Face: The driver is from scratch. I did a lot of research and with the help of a friend, in addition to inside help, it was possible to begin the project. As for the ATI driver, the guy that was suppose to help with that just never wanted to help. But I know my driver will be much more stable than the ATI hacked driver so i don't care about that anymore.

@Dojomann: The problem right now is that the coding for the driver components are very buggy and incomplete. It is incomplete because we have limited or in most cases no access to information driver developers needed. But we are slowly getting this info and learning how to use it to make a good driver. We are learning a lot/most from linux nvidia drivers though.

@iceman012: Hopefully the driver will fix any problem the is caused by the QE/CI being disabled. The last simulation run of the driver we tested ITunes and the coverflow feature in Itunes worked. So we are hoping that other apps should has FrontRow will work and believe that enabling QE/CI will allow our systems to run with more stability and allow us to get the full Mac experience.

________________________________________________________________________________

:)

I found this on this topic: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...7077&st=760

These folks are actually working on a new go6150 driver with QE/CI support!

One day my lappy will grow up to be a real Mac :)

Hello... I'm new to all this but i've had a lot of experience with linux however it appears im stuck. I've been messing with the Kalyway distro because the other distro i had no luck with. I am getting the Leo distro currently to try but for now here is my issue...

Installing is never a problem but booting i always get a "still waiting on root device" error. On one of my installs i left the house during and came back to a running mac. Had sound, made login even took a pic for the user. However when i rebooted i got the error again. And have not been able to get past the "root device" problem since. I've searched forums and google for about 12 hours now, along with reinstalling about 15 times trying diff configs, with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And here are my specs...

HP dv6768se

AMD Turion 64 x2 2ghz (SSE1/2/3/x86/64)

2gb RAM

Chipset is a nForce 520 on a Quanta 3000

Video is GeForce 8400M GS (dedicated 256mb)

Wireless is a Atheros AR5006

Wired and Audio appears to be nVidia mpc65

I'll take a guess and say HDD and all must be SATA, though im not posititve jus everything about my HDD info shows 'ATA'.

Aparently this laptop was designed for Vista as i had to use hacked drivers to even get XP running, funny how Ubuntuu worked no problem tho.

I have tried random kernels, was focusing on nforce but i belive that leads me to a reboot on boot problem. So now im focusing mainly on sleep/speedstep both at the sametime. Tried various NVinject, particuarly the 256 one but have decided to leave that alone for now. Audio drivers i leave alone since the default ones had it working once. Wifi i leave default except for selecting the RT2500-RT73-USB hoping my Linksys WUSB300N may work since i have little hope for the built in wireless. Mobo chipsets i was selecting 1 or another, now i've been jus leaving them all. Patches i usually left default however ive tried the AppleSMBIOS-27-Default a few times, usually with the nforce kernel resulting in instant reboot. I've left all the SSE2 stuff alone. Was using the cpus=1 for awhile but read AMD doesnt seems to need it, so been leaving it alone. I always select the TimeMachineFix. On AMD patches i always choose legacy and bounce back between Patch 1 n Patch 2.

Ok update... I got it to boot again, after the "still waiting on root" thing show up like 100 times i hit ctrl-alt-del to reboot. And it came up sayin 0 devices a few time. Then scrolled some more stuff n eventually booted into Mac. Very choppy sound/video, to be expected with no drivers i guess. However my dvd drive will not open. Now i am extremely confused..

Once again any help greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

Ok update... I got it to boot again, after the "still waiting on root" thing show up like 100 times i hit ctrl-alt-del to reboot. And it came up sayin 0 devices a few time. Then scrolled some more stuff n eventually booted into Mac. Very choppy sound/video, to be expected with no drivers i guess. However my dvd drive will not open. Now i am extremely confused..

Once again any help greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

Take a look at the install guide here as it has some answers you need including the root device error and choppy sound.

dv6000 AMD series install guide

Also, make sure you search the site. There are tons of posts related to the problems you addressed.

Oh, and the DVD drive must be unmounted. Just right click on the DVD icon on the desktop and select eject.