hp Pavilion dv6000 series AMD

..TheOne..

359 posts in this topic

Funny thing about the DVD icon, its not there. And at boot it said the media was unsupported and gave me an option to eject. But it wouldnt eject. Really weird cause its no where now. Runnin very slow, wasnt last time i had it working. So confused...

But ill check out the guide and keep playin around. I'd love to get the internet and all working, need to figure out why at first i get that error and why after forever it decided to boot.

Now i'm having problems accessing my flash drive. When i insert it it shows it on the screen as being inserted. But its nowhere to be found, like the dvd drive.

Guys I just bought a HP Pavillion dv6000 AMD seriese notebook PC and is trying very hard

to install a working version of OSX Leopard. I downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.2 AMD edition and try

installing it but unable to install to disk because it did not detect the HD.

Notebook Specifications:

Product Name::HP Pavillion dv6700 Notebook PC

Model Nunber::dv6910us

Manufacturer:: hewlett-Packard

Processor::AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz

Memory (RAM)::3.00 GB

Hard Drive::Seagate SATA-II 200 GB - 5400 RPM

Graphics::Nvidia

Audio::Conexant Cx20561 @ nVIDIA MCP67 - High Definition Audio Controller

Wireless Card::Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adaptor

Network Adaptor::NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

BIOS Type/Version::Phoenix, F30

With the information provided, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me

in the right direction pertaining to a successfully installation.

regards,

I try creating a 32mb partition as suggested but still it was not detected successfully. I'll play around some more with other options and provide feedback, however if anyone else may have had the same problem and a fix it would be appreciated to let me know.

Thanks.

Hello All,

I have successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my DV6324US HP pavilion. I do have one question. I try and launch a dvd which

the OS see the content of however the player launches and returns this error like no supported device found! Is that due to '

the lack of graphic support?

Last question I tried to update iTunes to 8.0 however the system just froze. Sorry for the stupid question but getting tired of

reinstalling. Should I not be installing software?

Really if I could get dvd's to play, upgraded itunes, wireless working, and my ipod touch to be seen I'd be happy.

Thanks very much,

hey annunaki, i have a 7150m and no works with the kexts posted in previous messages (6150m i think so), you know if i add the id of my graphic card to the kext make it work?

tell me how to add the id or tip for that.. check the post of my sign to view our installation status. We need help to make it work the vga, almost change resolution :)

thanks!!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=126095

Hello All,

I have successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my DV6324US HP pavilion. I do have one question. I try and launch a dvd which

the OS see the content of however the player launches and returns this error like no supported device found! Is that due to '

the lack of graphic support?

Last question I tried to update iTunes to 8.0 however the system just froze. Sorry for the stupid question but getting tired of

reinstalling. Should I not be installing software?

Really if I could get dvd's to play, upgraded itunes, wireless working, and my ipod touch to be seen I'd be happy.

Thanks very much,

Basically, getting kalyway and graphics to work on this laptop is tough. I'm sure it's the cause of your DVD video problems.

As far as iTunes and other programs... It's usually ok to install programs. Sometimes they work, sometimes not.

Ok guys and gals, I've got an almost perfect install of Leopard working. I started a new thread because my method is pretty detailed and it seemed too long to add to this post.

Check it out here and let me know if you have any questions and if you have any fixes for what ails.. ;) :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=128495

Almost perfect install for HP DV6000 & DV 9000 AMD

All,

I have read the threads and have not found a solution or maybe im just not implementing it correctly,

I have tried the newest version of ideneb 10.5.5, and i am unable to get it to detect my HD, im going to try and format my drive to FAT32 to ensure thats not the problem, however on my desktop ideneb picked up all my drives so im not sure if thats the issue though my desktop is an intel.

My notebook specs are below, im sure they are more then what you need but any info would be great.

Thanks in advance.

HP DV6704nr

Microprocessor 1.9 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TK-57

Microprocessor Cache 512 KB L2 Cache

Memory 2048 MB (2 x 1024 MB)

Memory Max Up to 4 GB

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M

Video Memory Up to 799 MB

Hard Drive 160 GB (5400 rpm)

Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Display 15.4" WXGA High-Definition* BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)

Fax/Modem High speed 56K modem

Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN

Wireless Connectivity 802.11b/g WLAN

Sound Altec Lansing speakers

Keyboard 101-key compatible & 2 Quick Launch Buttons

Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad

PC Card Slots One ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0

2 Headphone out

1 microphone-in

1 VGA (15-pin)

1 TV-Out (S-video)

1 RJ-11 (modem)

1 RJ -45 (LAN)

1 notebook expansion port 3

1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin)

1 Consumer IR

Guys, for some reason or the other the installation media is not detecting my SATA hard drive so I ran off and bought an external USB hard drive and it was detected during the boot/installation process.

I erase the entire 80GB disk and select it as the installation destination. The installation up to this process was a success however when I reboot and select to boot from the USB, for some reason I am unable to boot into the OS successfully. The boot process stuck at a UVGA: invalid message.

I tried reinstalling several times using different customize packages/options but still to no avail. I need your help with this installation.

Thanks.

:)

hi guys

IM working on a dv2840se basically amd 2 ghz, mcp67 chispset, 7150m grafics , broadcom wifi

i removed the internal hd and installed it with a external kit.. installed osx and can boot in -x mode...my problem is when i try to install the hd back inside the sata slot...i get waiting for root device... ive tried many kext for mcp67 but all take me the same place....in my install out of the box bluetooth and wifi were enabled,i only selected amd patch and software in install options..the dev id for my 250gb drive is 0x56010 and in boot window it recognizes chipset but dosnt appear to work.....this waiting for root device error has to be the sata driver becoz it only happens when its actuallty conected internally

so now im with my lappys hd conected externally and i really would like to atleast get that sucker in there.....lol

Alright guys. heres my problem.

i've got an hp pavilion dv2416us and no matter wut flavor of osx86 install dvd i put in this thing i get the apple.com.boot.plist error. i've tried everything including external hard drives and the chameleon patches. do i need an external dvd rom or is my 2416 just hopeless?

Alright guys. heres my problem.

i've got an hp pavilion dv2416us and no matter wut flavor of osx86 install dvd i put in this thing i get the apple.com.boot.plist error. i've tried everything including external hard drives and the chameleon patches. do i need an external dvd rom or is my 2416 just hopeless?

Have you enabled a BIOS Boot Password? I have a dv6000, and that was the only way to get it to find the apple.com.boot.plist file during boot.

• 2 weeks later...

HI. I'm new here as you notice hehehe.

I've read alot of post in this forum and it seems that none of the problems like mine are solved :S :) .

Well i downloaded Kalyway 10.5.2 , i pressed F8 and put -x. This way it goes all the way to the instalation but it doesn't recognize my HD, this happens with Leo4all too... Here are my Specs:

HP pavillion DV6700

3GB ramn DDR2

120 GB Sata HD

Nvidia 7150 / 630 256MB (up to 512 shared)

COhexant HD Audio

Atheros Wifi card

I hope you can help me...

whats up guys heres what im rolling with.

HP Pavilion A6430F(KJ378AAR) Phenom X3 8400(2.1GHz) 3GB DDR2 640GB NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Windows Vista Home Premium.

My problem is the the infamous nforce. How do I inject? the nforce patch onto an iso?. rename it to rar and dump it in there or something?. Not sure how you guys are doing it. if anyone has any suggestions that would be great I think that's the only brick wall.

Out of 5 isos and versions of leopard the only one! that gets close and dies is iatkos 10.5.4 "still waiting for root device". But stumbling on another iso I have yet to try is the iDeneb 1.3. Once thats done downloading ill be good. and Post my results if I can get to the utility or not. If this works man I will definitely upgrade to the quad core cpu I have in the box an overclocked radeon HD 3460. So... Cross my fingers if I can get this to work ;)

*update* I stumbled across PPF o Matic we will see how well this works. I will try for iatkos s well as iDeneb

Well guys, I'd like to personally thank everyone here for their help getting my hackbook working. It really opened my eyes to how great of an operating system Mac OS X is. So great in fact I went out and bought my own Macbook. I got a 2.1 ghz C2D, 120 GB HDD, and 1 GB RAM for $800 from my school's computer store. The hackbook will be given to my parents (obviously sans Mac OS and Linux). But I'll be around the forum to see what kind of breakthroughs are going on. Good luck with the rest of your work guys, this is a great community!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I've been lurking for quite a while, and I just have a question. I have a Pavilion DV6119us, and I'm getting the IOKit error that everyone's talking about, but even when I attach a USB keyboard to the laptop and boot it in normal mode, I STILL get the IOKit timed out error. When I boot it using -x and -v (safe mode?) it still takes quite a while (around 5 minutes), and when I get in to the OS, Airport doesn't seem to work (when loading normally with command mode, it appears that it recognizes my Broadcom wireless card, so I'm assuming that IF I could get in to the OS normally, it would work.

I am using iDeneb's 1.3 10.5.5 distro. Any ideas?

THanks!

Hi guys, I'm new in the forum... I have an AMD dv6750BR laptop... I'm trying to install mac os a couple of days without success. I've tried Leo4ALLv2 and v3 and I tried also get an vmware image in mininova to install at vmware.. nothing works. Could someone please help?

My specifications:

- AMD Turion 64 X2

- HD Toshiba (I'm not sure) 160 GB Sata 5400RPM

- 2G RAM DDR 2

- NVidia Geforce Card Graphics ( I'm not sure the model )

- BroadCom Network

Thnk a lot.

Hi guys, I'm new in the forum... I have an AMD dv6750BR laptop... I'm trying to install mac os a couple of days without success. I've tried Leo4ALLv2 and v3 and I tried also get an vmware image in mininova to install at vmware.. nothing works. Could someone please help?

My specifications:

- AMD Turion 64 X2

- HD Toshiba (I'm not sure) 160 GB Sata 5400RPM

- 2G RAM DDR 2

- NVidia Geforce Card Graphics ( I'm not sure the model )

- BroadCom Network

Thnk a lot.

Nobody?