CoreGraphics patched for non SSE3 CPUs

84 posts in this topic

Great, so here is a forum for any discussion that relates to anything that might imply a violation of US law.  Anyone who wants to explictly discuss cracking, patching or otherwise circumventing the TPM/TCPA should do it there while continuing to use this site for news and other discussions.

come on! i just threw it together to help people out as important info was being edited out because of the DMCA.... that statement is really going a bit far isnt it?

Great, so here is a forum for any discussion that relates to anything that might imply a violation of US law.  Anyone who wants to explictly discuss cracking, patching or otherwise circumventing the TPM/TCPA should do it there while continuing to use this site for news and other discussions.

come on! i just threw it together to help people out as important info was being edited out because of the DMCA.... that statement is really going a bit far isnt it?

I am not sure what you mean. The policy of this forum is clear, if you wish to host a forum that engages in such matters we thank you, otherwise I suppose we can find some place else.

woah well, i just did some reading and i'm amazed at how resourceful the people around here are. i thought everyone was using the developer dvd to build on but it was on a darwin base, i knew that was the best way to go about things! hopefully a simplified dvd will be released soon enough, maybe based on the dev dvd in some way.

I am not sure what you mean. The policy of this forum is clear, if you wish to host a forum that engages in such matters we thank you, otherwise I suppose we can find some place else.

opps it was me who didnt get what you had said before :oops:

I am aware of another site that has "useful" text on the subject matter in question.  I will give the site address to anyone sending me a PM.

At this point, this is basically public knowledge. The "other" site, I was talking about is this wiki page. The purpose of "research" wiki page, is to post and refine detailed technical information and instructions.

http://www.research.gwgaming.net/wiki/inde...title=Main_Page

As stated above, another focum is graciously being hosted by sbeehre and appears to be quite active. It is a "free speech zone" in New Zealand, where you can apparently talk about how to crack the TPM/TCPA without violating the DMCA.

www.concretesurf.co.nz/osx86/

Next, I would like to point out that most of significant technical communciation done on this is site in _not_ in this forum but rather via the IRC channels mentioned on the main page: http://www.osx86.classicbeta.com/wiki/inde...x.php/Main_Page

Finally, I am absolutely the wrong person to direct any technical questions to. I am _not_ working on running OS X86 on my PC, because I do not even own a PC (I have three Macs).

So at this point, there is really no reason to PM me.

wonders what adam on page 4 was thinking come on thATS like a windows 95/98 pc :Z

Erm... He said he has an Athlon XP. You obviously don't know anything about AMD processors, let alone that Windows XP and the Althon XP series has been out for around 4 years now.

Anyway, although SSE2 is an extension of SSE, there are more differences between SSE and SSE2 than there are between SSE2 and SEE3. Mainly the fact that SSE2 can do 64, 32, 16 and 8-bit integer operations means that you'd need several instructions to do the same operations in SSE. I believe the changes blex0r made only involve replacing one instruction, which means you don't have to worry about shifting things around. So I think Adam is out of luck.

HI blex0r, is using x86 os x on vmware faster than pearpc?

I think that the video released by blex0r has very effectively answers the speed question:

http://x502.putfile.com/videos/21512303934.avi

Although, it is not exactly clear to me what point blex0r is starting from, it appears to take about 40 seconds to launch the GUI.

He then demonstrates GUI operations with a lag-time of about a second.

Finally he launches System Profiler which appears to come up in about 10 seconds, while the dock icon slowly bounces with clear lag.

I am not exactly sure how this compares to PearPC, but would suspect that it leaves it in the dust.

People with SSE3 systems should expect performance that may be better than G5s once this is running native.

I'm having some success here running it outside of VMWare on my Athlon 64 system. So far I've managed to get a blue screen with a mouse and nothing else, the next time the fancy Apple kernel panic, and now I have a Mac OS X login window that hasn't loaded anything yet...but I'm getting there!

I'm having some success here running it outside of VMWare on my Athlon 64 system.  So far I've managed to get a blue screen with a mouse and nothing else, the next time the fancy Apple kernel panic, and now I have a Mac OS X login window that hasn't loaded anything yet...but I'm getting there!

What are you doing to make progress like that? What did you start out with?

I've only been able to do the things that were on that wiki before it went down. I haven't managed to really get Mac OS running yet, seems like the loginwindow only pops up when it really wants to, so I dunno about making any further progress...I'll poke around on my own beyond what they told us, but I don't know how much I'll be able to do.

wonders what adam on page 4 was thinking come on thATS like a windows 95/98 pc :Z

Erm... He said he has an Athlon XP. You obviously don't know anything about AMD processors, let alone that Windows XP and the Althon XP series has been out for around 4 years now.

Anyway, although SSE2 is an extension of SSE, there are more differences between SSE and SSE2 than there are between SSE2 and SEE3. Mainly the fact that SSE2 can do 64, 32, 16 and 8-bit integer operations means that you'd need several instructions to do the same operations in SSE. I believe the changes blex0r made only involve replacing one instruction, which means you don't have to worry about shifting things around. So I think Adam is out of luck.

i dont really care about processor specs when they come free with a motherboard i just buy them but i retire my computers every 3-4 years at most im just saying hes probably the only one on here wanting to use his bedroom pc (play pc) to run os x x86

So I might have more progress to show later tonight. The research wiki is back again, and has some more detailed directions to getting this thing running, and I noticed a couple of things I missed the first time. I'll let you guys know if I get it working too.

Just to say all, that the TPM chips aren't being produced, that the photos that appeared of the Dev's Kit saying it is a TPM chip are hoax (that chip is present even on Pentium II boards), and that the TPM/TCPA specification says that the crypto coprocessor must be inside the cpu.

Apart from that, in Spain the law says that you are allowed to reverse engineer any computer product to make interoperatibility, and I think that law expands to all the european union as well as USA.