CoreGraphics patched for non SSE3 CPUs

84 posts in this topic

has anyone made the DVD install? if not has anyone tried to insert the CoreGraphics file into the DVD ISO? also im at a loss on how to edit this file in windows, maybe it'll install if u edit the DVD version(see below). i believe this is the right one

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics

correct me if im wrong

-Maniac3389

<Image Unavaliable>

Latest picture. There aren't applications installed, which is why there are so many question marks on the dock. For some reason, the "more info" button is greyed out, although nobody is sure if that is normal for a dev release.

according to this photo: http://www.strengholt-online.nl/apple_dev/...tel3id.jpg.html it's not. the more info button just launches system profiler, so if there are no applications installed then that is most likely the cause.

thats what i posted but was to scared to say in front of some people so i deleted it

but yeah what he said?

maybe the guys at pearpc.net on one of the japanese or other foreign sites will let us

cant be uk i hear they are just as worse

I do not think anybody is at risk of being banned.

The site admins are just trying to be safe rather than sorry here.

This site may be moving outside of the US jurisdiction to avoid any possible DMCA problems.

Otherwise and until this question is resolved, some other place, perhaps like LibertyForums may be needed for free speech about TPM/TCPA related issues.

Furthermore, let's not forget that Apple Computer has two outstanding lawsuits against folks engaging in perhaps less egregious activities.

EDIT: I mean't LibertyForum.com (apparently, LibertyForums is somebodies blog). In any case, LiberyForum is not a good choice because is under US jurisdication and our subject matter would appear to violate their guidelines.

Have anyone tried "mi arroba"? It's a webhost that is based in Spain...I think, and they offer free forums. Of course they are not good as this one (because this is a dedicated forum), but there should be freedom to talk about DMCA bypasses and tricks, but, as many sites in the web, I believe that warez is forbidden....but I'm not quite sure about it.

DMCA sucks. We're so lucky here in Chile that a measure with similar effects was never applied..here, not many people have money to buy all the software...heck! with my student income (mostly made by giving some technical support to some PCs and living with my parents) i couldn't even afford Windows...

...and don't look me as a freak because I still live with my parents. If you knew what you earn in an student's job and the price of the university scholarship, you'll be so surprised that you may have a heart attack...yeah...that's what I'm talking about.

DMCA sucks. We're so lucky here in Chile that a measure with similar effects was never applied..here, not many people have money to buy all the software...heck! with my student income (mostly made by giving some technical support to some PCs and living with my parents) i couldn't even afford Windows...

I think it should be made clear that there is a certain provision of the DMCA that sucks in particular. The "circumvention" clause, criminalizes activity such as patching or cracking to get around such devices as the TPM/TCPA chips. In this way, the DMCA goes far beyond normal copyright law.

Nevertheless, we should be able to find another forum to discuss this issues. It just can not be here for legal reasons.

yeah a forum that won't replace useful text with "NO VIOLATIONS OF THE DMCA" sounds good. dealdatabase.com/forum allows talk about tivos that's kind of on the shady side of the law, maybe something like that. it's definitley needed though

Say I have a P4 Prescott (SSE3 enabled) should I have no trouble with vmware? Also can I just use the pheNIX DVD or do I need the mactelbase.tar (.rar?) several other sites that had directions on BBS took the dirs down out of worry...

What's my next step? How do I disable the checking of the TPM?

Or is that what the mactelbase+darwin do? In that case do I just get the regular darwin distribution? or something special?

I am aware of another site that has "useful" text on the subject matter in question. I will give the site address to anyone sending me a PM.

I want to be clear here thoug, what I am talking about is not the discussion type forum which is needed. Anyone who has an idea for alternative discussion forum should post the details here, so we can "officially" designated it for such conversations.

ok for now on tpm will go by the name bobby (any one have a better name) and the word disbale and crack will be called crank or dodge or something like that

so a sentence would be

How do i crank the bobby? Just some thoughts :)

How do i dodge the bobby?

and apple people will be like wtf does that mean (got any other code words?)

I think you are getting the idea. The other thing, I would like to point out is that it is no crime to merely study the TPM/TCPA and discuss the analysis of how it operates. In fact, the DMCA has an explict "research" exception that may be invoked here at some point.

Finally, I would like to emphasize that the people who are running this site and also those performing the "research" have worked very hard and made tremdenous progress to bring you the latest information. Some of these people are paying for the bandwidth to run this site out of their own pocket. As you should notice there is not advertising here.

This OSX86 project has moved very quickly in the last few days and these people are trying very hard to provide a useful service to the community without getting trouble. Please have patience and if you have money, please considering making a donation via the main page.

Yes, Bofors is correct.

We've worked hard to bring you information as it happens and we want to continue to be able to. We've become the central hub for all discussions about this stuff, and if we were to be sued, a valuable resource would be lost.

We're not being irrational - we're just being safe.

:-) And we still love you all.

if anyone wants to check out this www.concretesurf.co.nz/osx86/

Great, so here is a forum for any discussion that relates to anything that might imply a violation of US law. Anyone who wants to explictly discuss cracking, patching or otherwise circumventing the TPM/TCPA should do it there while continuing to use this site for news and other discussions.

Please note, this forum appears to be hosted in New Zealand and that country will likely cooperate closely with the USA. A forum in Sweden or Russia might be a better choice, but this is fine for time being.

Thread edited due to implied violation of the DMCA. 

Posting that in anyway implies a violation of the DCMA will not be permitted in this forum.

See Forum Rules for more information.

Hi,

I'm running WindowServer, WaitingForLoginWindow and so on with my non-sse3 Northwood CPU under VMware. Here is a screenshot:

<Image Unavaliable>

I have patched CoreGraphics so it's using FISTP (SSE2) instead of FISTTP (SSE3). Those instructions are not actually equivalent but it seems to be working. I think this can help people with non SSE3 enabled CPUs to work on the stuff.

Regards, blex0r

I can't believe i missed this today