CoreGraphics patched for non SSE3 CPUs

84 posts in this topic

Thread edited due to implied violation of the DMCA.

Posting that in anyway implies a violation of the DCMA will not be permitted in this forum.

See Forum Rules for more information.

Hi,

I'm running WindowServer, WaitingForLoginWindow and so on with my non-sse3 Northwood CPU under VMware. Here is a screenshot:

<Image Unavaliable>

I have patched CoreGraphics so it's using FISTP (SSE2) instead of FISTTP (SSE3). Those instructions are not actually equivalent but it seems to be working. I think this can help people with non SSE3 enabled CPUs to work on the stuff.

Regards, blex0r

Blex0r, how did you get past the checks on the installer?

When I boot the dvd, it gets to a blue screen. But, then the spinning beachball appears and it freezes up. And, both my systems do have SSE3.

The applications torrent is not needed and probably will not be. I would recommend geting the pheNIX DevKit as blex0r states that it should work, which should include the applications as well as the "universal" OS X version that also works on PPC.

This is blex0r's latest progress. However, I think it is important to acknowlge that blex0r is not working alone on this and it is very clear there are many other people also should be credited.

At this point, it seems that blex0r has some kind of working GUI.

<Images Unavaliable>

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear that if I'm in his presence, I'll bow....it's just...marvelous!!!!!!

Now, back to reality. How did you get to that point? Was it too much difficult? What kind of patch did you apply and to what files? How's the speed?

Well done! If removing SSE3 dependency is causing problems with the GUI, could there be a version of these torrented files that is aimed towards those of us who have Pentium 4 prescots?

Very exciting. In each picture, you can see steady improvement. I got worried when the blue wallpaper and dock didn't show. However, I notice spotlight isn't showing and the dock has a few errors. At this rate that should be fixed soon though. It seems like you are amazingly close!

I really hope that there is a patch for the current phenix osx86 developer dvd. The patch could create a new method of installing osx86 and allow broader hardware support. Currently I hang on "still waiting for root device," which apparently is an issue caused by the fact that I have an incompatible motherboard.

As this site may be under US jurisdication, the DMCA could make any "circumvention" of the TPM/TCPA a serious crime.

We do not want any one here going to jail, or even facing a civil lawsuit.

Please exercise caution and avoid discussing anything that could be construed as an illegal "circumvention" of the TPM/TCPA.

Well done! If removing SSE3 dependency is causing problems with the GUI, could there be a version of these torrented files that is aimed towards those of us who have Pentium 4 prescots?

I am sure this is in the works. Please be patience and do not forget to donate. The guys running this site are paying for bandwidth out of there own pockets. Donations can be made on the main page:

http://www.osx86.classicbeta.com/wiki/inde...x.php/Main_Page