Retail DVD Guide, 10.5.8, PC-EFIv9 installer, EFI studio, Vanilla or Voodoo, GA-P35-DS3P (L,R), DS4, or OS X Compatible board

• Please log in to reply
908 replies to this topic

^_^

^_^

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Thanks for the tips, I will try again tonight.
I have try your clean install method and then DEVIN's guide, failed at 2nd startup.
Clean install kalyway 10.5.1 then update to 10.5.2 works but crashed after ls8's package installed.
Try your clean install again with kalyway combo 10.5.2 update, waiting on disk error.
Try clean install kalyway 10.5.1 then update to 10.5.2 works but crashed after using virginizer.
I suspect it might have something to do with importing from previous user account thingy when you first fire up osx....

LTL

LTL

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 287 posts

Thanks for the tips, I will try again tonight.
I have try your clean install method and then DEVIN's guide, failed at 2nd startup.
Clean install kalyway 10.5.1 then update to 10.5.2 works but crashed after ls8's package installed.
Try your clean install again with kalyway combo 10.5.2 update, waiting on disk error.
Try clean install kalyway 10.5.1 then update to 10.5.2 works but crashed after using virginizer.
I suspect it might have something to do with importing from previous user account thingy when you first fire up osx....

I would not restore any data until you have your machine up and running.. Try either mine or a trusted method again.. I suggest you stick to one method and focus on it until you get it to work

Let me know how it goes

From my iPhone :wub:

tokra128

tokra128

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Hi, I am on P35-DS4 -, with a 8800GT 512 mb ram (G92)... can someone post a com.apple.boot .. with the necessary plist ? for efi string.. Alos, I am unlucky ... no shutdown so far (I am on 10.5.2)

LTL

LTL

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 287 posts

Hi, I am on P35-DS4 -, with a 8800GT 512 mb ram (G92)... can someone post a com.apple.boot .. with the necessary plist ? for efi string.. Alos, I am unlucky ... no shutdown so far (I am on 10.5.2)

Just use the NVinject listed in my Guide with 10.5.2... you will be very happy with the performance

Which install method? Which drivers? Fill out your sig so we can help you

^_^

^_^

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
ok, i am going to do a clean install from your guide tonite, and then updated to 10.5.2 with the link you've provide.
and then repeat "Step 4 – Replacing some files if you have my board"...it should work? Am i missing something?

My question is do i need to update to 10.5.1 first? (i only have 10.5 retail), and with your new NVinject works with my 8600gt? or do i have to use the osx 9032 nvidia update?

Thanks a lot for the help! ;)

LTL

LTL

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 287 posts

ok, i am going to do a clean install from your guide tonite, and then updated to 10.5.2 with the link you've provide.
and then repeat "Step 4 – Replacing some files if you have my board"...it should work? Am i missing something?

My question is do i need to update to 10.5.1 first? (i only have 10.5 retail), and with your new NVinject works with my 8600gt? or do i have to use the osx 9032 nvidia update?

Thanks a lot for the help! :afro:

I would do all your install and updates first. My NVinject is sadly for the 8800 GT only... sorry

good luck

bladex-rk

bladex-rk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for this guide! It inspired me to go pick up this very same MB and a E6750 chip. It all came today, and I am sooo close. I put NVinject 0.2.1 (from their site, not yours) in for my 7600GS and I'm sure I need to figure out how to configure that since it (not quite) hangs right after NVinject loads, on the graphic screen I get the spinny thing under the Apple forever, and on the console it just doesn't load anything else after NVinject. I'll be working on figuring that out.

A couple things I did differently: I used my Macbook to prepare the drive, putting a 160gb Seagate SATA-I in a USB enclosure and once it was prepped following the directions, I simply used my 10.5 retail DVD in the Macbook DVD drive and installed from there rather than fiddling around with an ISO, it was probably only a bit slower.

Also, in your step 4, you have lots of file copies via sudo; I suggest sudo is not necessary at this point since you are already in a root shell (sudo -s from step 2.)

Thanks again for the work! I can't wait to get mine going too.

twobunnyrabbit

twobunnyrabbit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Sleep works now with the 10.5.2 update on the desktop :( .
Wakes up in less than 10s.
See sig for system specs.

^_^

^_^

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
UPDATE SUCCEEDED !

Thanks for the help!

Did clean install from your guide, did update to 10.5.2 from DEVIN's guide,
redo step 4, permission repaired, reboot.
Stuck on grey screen, wait for 15 min? 20 min? wait till no more harddisk activities,
force reboot, at darwin hit F8, do a -v startup, install NVInstallerV.32.
reboot and all is great! Fast! 10.5.2 is fast!

I've only notice that sleep disconnect my HD, shutdown still not working, processor shows as unknown,
memory shows as 667MHz tho i have 800Mhz...

LTL

LTL

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 287 posts

UPDATE SUCCEEDED !Thanks for the help!Did clean install from your guide, did update to 10.5.2 from DEVIN's guide,redo step 4, permission repaired, reboot.Stuck on grey screen, wait for 15 min? 20 min? wait till no more harddisk activities,force reboot, at darwin hit F8, do a -v startup, install NVInstallerV.32.reboot and all is great! Fast! 10.5.2 is fast!I've only notice that sleep disconnect my HD, shutdown still not working, processor shows as unknown,memory shows as 667MHz tho i have 800Mhz...

Thats so great to hear, thats why I created this guide - very satisfied to hear that.In regards to your NVinject, please do your homework as it will make a huge difference if you have the right one for your card. I finally got the right one and my system has been running smoothly since Thursday without a reboot. We are getting there!!!I would still like a better LAN solution ... working on it and will post as soon as I know something:D

Thanks for this guide! It inspired me to go pick up this very same MB and a E6750 chip. It all came today, and I am sooo close. I put NVinject 0.2.1 (from their site, not yours) in for my 7600GS and I'm sure I need to figure out how to configure that since it (not quite) hangs right after NVinject loads, on the graphic screen I get the spinny thing under the Apple forever, and on the console it just doesn't load anything else after NVinject. I'll be working on figuring that out.A couple things I did differently: I used my Macbook to prepare the drive, putting a 160gb Seagate SATA-I in a USB enclosure and once it was prepped following the directions, I simply used my 10.5 retail DVD in the Macbook DVD drive and installed from there rather than fiddling around with an ISO, it was probably only a bit slower.Also, in your step 4, you have lots of file copies via sudo; I suggest sudo is not necessary at this point since you are already in a root shell (sudo -s from step 2.)Thanks again for the work! I can't wait to get mine going too.

Very cool! So where are you now? Make sure you fill out your signature with your specs so people can assist you better as you start your work. Just be patient, go slow, don't get discouraged, and don't be afraid to install 25 times in a row, each time you will understand more... Take out the NVinject and try to boot... see if that is what is causing the issue. Then make sure you find the right NVinject as they are not created equal! You can try to find the right one here, NVINJECT I tend to go barebones when there is an issue (option 4a in my install), then install each file one at a time and boot, making note and then finding out which is causing your hang... i bet its the NVinject!!! Let me knowand yea...make an ISO... don't use your DVD...takes to long

LTL

LTL

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 287 posts

With the JMicronATA.kext in my extensions folder I could get the system to crash every time, as soon as it hits 3.5GB memory usage. Without that kext, the system is rock stable.

I rock way past 3.5 with my particular JMicronATA.kext... upgrading to 8GB on Monday

Bob The King

Bob The King

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I've just updated to the new AppleSMBIOS.kext but in system profiler it seems to have killed the memory info. It now says 'There was an error while gathering this information.'
Any Ideas what i've done wrong?

LTL

LTL

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 287 posts

I've just updated to the new AppleSMBIOS.kext but in system profiler it seems to have killed the memory info. It now says 'There was an error while gathering this information.'

If I knew more about your install and system, then I could help...but your signature is empty and I don't know who's install you used

sjibbie

sjibbie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I used your guide, no problems during install. Thanks!

Only thing missing now are my P-ATA drives (DVD-burner and a SAMSUNG HD)
The drives are there in my Kalyway10.5.1 Vanilla install.
Any idea on how to solve that?

My relevant system specs:

1. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R v 2.0
2. BIOS: F4
3. Chipset: Northbridge: P35 Express Southbridge: ICH9R
4. Built in LAN: Realtek 8111B
5. Built in Sound: Realtek ALC889A codec
6. Processor: E6300 65NM 1.86
7. OS: Full Retail DVD install Guide, 10.5.2, Vanilla, PC-EFIT v8

Coda

Coda

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Only thing missing now are my P-ATA drives (DVD-burner and a SAMSUNG HD)
The drives are there in my Kalyway10.5.1 Vanilla install.
Any idea on how to solve that?

Yes. You need JMicronATA.kext in your /System/Library/Extensions.

My relevant system specs:

7. Memory? It's relevant if you are using the JMicron kext.

sjibbie

sjibbie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Yes. You need JMicronATA.kext in your /System/Library/Extensions.

I checked this, it's already there (I didn't put it there). And it seems to be the same version as the one in my Kaliway install

7. Memory? It's relevant if you are using the JMicron kext.

7. RAM: Kingston Valueram 667MHz 2x1 2GB

Coda

Coda

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I checked this, it's already there (I didn't put it there). And it seems to be the same version as the one in my Kaliway install
7. RAM: Kingston Valueram 667MHz 2x1 2GB

Ok so I would repair permissions, and check that you actually have the Gigabyte controller enabled in the BIOS and the mode set to IDE or IDE/RAID. If that doesn't work, maybe your JMicronATA.kext got replaced with the vanilla one which DOESN'T work (because the ID's of the device are different). If you need the patched driver it will be in LS8's DS4 install pack.

sjibbie

sjibbie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

.. If that doesn't work, maybe your JMicronATA.kext got replaced with the vanilla one which DOESN'T work (because the ID's of the device are different). If you need the patched driver it will be in LS8's DS4 install pack.

Ok, that solved it. Thanks!

Now all that's left for me is trying to fix my graphics (msi radeon 2600 pro). Worked perfectly fine with Triakis, but after installing Apple Graphics update (and reinstalling triakis) it gives me blank (translucent) menu's.
But that's a different topic I guess :blink:

^_^

^_^

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

This might help, q(^^)q

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=88087

bladex-rk

bladex-rk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Success!

I started over from scratch, still used my Macbook and retail DVD to install but this time I was very careful during the file copies. Perhaps I made a subtle error the first time.

Also, I chucked NVinject in favor of an EFI string for my 7600GS and after some trial and error, found a hex string that worked.

So everything is working except for my DVD drive on PATA, I'll be working on that next. And I intend to replace the networking with the Realtek kext from the guide update. I assume I have to install the developer tools and build the project?

thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy