Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

NUCLEaR - Intel Only Processor, It says Intel in the Topic title, and it says Intel only throughout the post. Please learn to read the posts before asking questions that have already been answered.

rschultz101 - I've not ever experienced this problem, I have a Wireless N card in my laptop (Dell Wireless 1500) - I've heard of people experiencing this problem when using the Azilla Audio driver. Though have not heard of any fix for it.

daclothe - I don't use usenet. Sorry.

maserluv - It should work, however you would have to use one of the 10.4.9 SSE2 or Universal kernel options.

wmarsh - I will incoporate this into my next Additional Drivers install pack - this will be a seperate download incorporating additional drivers.

justinbains - As mentioned about 7 times now, there is currently no support for AMD processors.

Plmcrzd - Thanks.

crankshaft - I am not going to be making any more modifications to the current install disk. I will however add this to my Additional Drivers install pack.

Christian - There is currently no OS X driver for wireless card. I will add support for your network card to the drivers pack. As for Audio you may be able to try the AppleHDA patcher.

filip007 - Some AMD Install files are modified to work on AMD systems, without these it is unlikely that the system will even boot.

fordee - Cheers, and the 5.25 Inch floppy drive request was a joke, right?

rals2007 - Don't worry. I will be, of both the Zip file and the ISO.

EP3hatch03 - Thanks for the comments.

ktrust - As with Christian, you'll need to use the AppleHDA patcher.

chuuey - Honestly, no idea if it will show the correct ones. If it doesn't you can always set it manually to show them by editing a file...

Hiko - Yes, 320MB. As explained before, this is just due to an outdated System Profiler patch.

dogbert75 - Haha. Would help it 10.4.11 was released first :)

~mac.nub

mac.nub....im wondering if it supports my thinkpad t40's video card...which is Radeon Mobility 7500...

have done jas installer expirements but no luck...only 10.4.6 myzar works...but still no QI / CE support for video...thereby slowing video response...all the rest of the hardware works (LAN, soundcard, trackpad, USB)

i also tweaked it to display battery meter...

hoping your version will be the solution :blink:

good luck!

and more power!

::flash::

shoarthing - Cheers for that, good to see someone actually reads a topic before posting.

flashnymph72 - I added support for ATI Mobility cards, so it should work... and I also have the "Battery Meter" tweak as an option on my Install DVD. It's under the Miscellaneous options.

~mac.nub

shoarthing - Cheers for that, good to see someone actually reads a topic before posting.

~mac.nub

Hey, cheaky! I did actually read the topic before I posted. Missed the bit about usenet though and I apologise.

I'll actually extend the question I asked anyway. How are you planning to release this? Seed it by yourself on a public tracker, or are you going to gather up a few seeders to join you at the start to get it out there quicker? Are you planning on using a public (but unreliable) tracker such as Piratebay, or a private tracker?

BTW, shoarthing, what are you.. forum police? :angel:

Conroe Mac - np, the community has given me a lot over the years, as it was OSx86 that introduced me to Mac in the first place. Back when I had my Dell Dimension 8200 and the Deadmoo image :D - Obviously there have been many advances since then, and I've learnt a lot, so this is as such, my way of saying thanks to everyone that's helped me either directly or in-directly over the years.

chuuey - I can't remember off the top of my head how to do this, drop me a PM tomorrow to remind me I mentioned it, and I'll see if I can remember how I've done it in the past... I know it's something to do with editing one of the files in the SystemProfiler folder... can't remember which off the top of my head.

flibblesan - I will obviously be seeding myself, I will however getting as many of the beta testers as possible to help out with the seeding too.

I am going to be uploading it to both public and private trackers. You'll know which upon release :pirate2:

mrjoe - From your specs, it looks like it should work fine.

~mac.nub

flibblesan - I will obviously be seeding myself, I will however getting as many of the beta testers as possible to help out with the seeding too.

I am going to be uploading it to both public and private trackers. You'll know which upon release ;)

Thanks man. Sorry for all the stupid questions.

Will I be able to use this?

Pentium D 3 Ghz

Nforce 4 MB chipset (Don't know MB model, computer is an outdated XPS 600)

8800 GTS 640 mb

2 gigs of RAM.

DVD drive no floppy.

I have windows on my 225 gig main sata drive and want to install this (when it comes out)on my secondary 160 gig IDE drive. I have partitioned is with 130 gigs blank space to be formatted with the disk utility and 30 gigs of fat32 so windows and mac can interchange.

I have been unable to get XxX and KoolKal to work because I am a mac nub. ;)

If it will work, would you please give a tut (when the dvd comes out) to a nub on how to install it for my system specificly?

Thanks,

Dragonshadow :wub:

chelhydra - Obviously not you but lots of other people in this topic obviously do. If you have no interest in this, why bother even posting in this topic? - I'm not going to be releasing a Leo install DVD for quite a while - if at all. So if you want one... make one yourself. And if you can't? Then stop bugging me to do so.

Dragonshadow - There should be no problems with getting it working on your system.

flibblesan - I doubt that somehow. After grabbing the GM and I'm sure it won't take long for me to get it working.

~mac.nub

evopanop - Looks like it should do, provided you used a 10.4.9 kernel (8.9.1) SSE2 or Universal kernel, and the 10.4.9 (8.9.1) System.kext.

~mac.nub

Thanks for the info, mac.nub. I can hardly wait now until this release is... released, lol.

guys just wanted to know, if there is going to be any difference to this version and the 10.4.10 currently running on my Dell M1210. I just followed instructions on here and installed the update. Are there more things updated within your release?

Thank you in advance