Official Uphuck v1.4i 10.4.9 Installation DVD thread

Erhnam

398 posts in this topic

I would like an invitation too :/ I think this one may fix my Abit F190 so i can use osx86 and get rid of vista, i got a 512mb nvidia card is that fixed yet now?

512mb cards will still need to have their rom flashed before they are compatible with OSX. After flashing, most 7xxx nVidia cards should work with the proper kext. 8xxx nVidia cards are not supported yet. Hope this helps.

512mb cards will still need to have their rom flashed before they are compatible with OSX. After flashing, most 7xxx nVidia cards should work with the proper kext. 8xxx nVidia cards are not supported yet. Hope this helps.

After this comment i'm disappointed, i mean, i'm really looking forward installing OSX86 on my ASUS G1S with 8600GT and it's not supported...

As the download is in process, I'd like to proceed in preparing for this installation. The picture description for this installation version comes with a checklist. Is there a way I can find out what each item means or which ones I need to check? Any information out there? How do I know what i should and should not check? (Something i understand would be, "PS2 driver", i'll know to check if i'd like to use my PS2 ports i believe? as well as ICH7R, which my motherboard, abit ab9pro's south bridge uses)

Thanks for your time. I appreciate the help.

demoniod seems to be down.. I get a blank page. Anyone else with this issue?
It does occur from time to time, there's even a thread about that particular problem on d's forum (when you can get at it). Not everyone has this problem; many are canadians. They're looking into it.

Also, for the others WHO ASK FOR DEMONOID INVITES: let's not turn this thread into a "Please give me an demonoid invite! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!" pollution-fest.

There is a specific place for this : Demonoid Invitations

For all you ICH9R owners, SATA will work out of box, BUT you must change in the bios to configure SATA as AHCI.

Does it support all ports ? I have a ICH8 and with previous uphuck releases only the first 2 SATA ports where visible. Anything on port 3 & 4 was ignored.

Anyone looking for the torrent - demonoid does not require you to be registered to download recent torrent files. Scroll down the demonoid front page and click on one of the "Click here for more torrents" links. Then you can search for uphuck and start downloading.

You can just get the server files yourself and apply them, but I don't know if they come in separate bundles - eg, you may have to download a whole OS X server operating system just to get the files.

I see but what if you're on Raid-0? Everytime I set bios to AHCI instead of RAID/IDE, Vista wont boot.

This is an unfortunate aspect of all MS OS'es, including Vista. The fix is to reinstall Vista, with the controller set to AHCI, and install the controller drivers at the time of installation. The option is given at the point where you select the install partition.

-Mike