• Please log in to reply
543 replies to this topic

zulsur

zulsur

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I successfully dual boot my windows 7 and snow leopard. But there are some problem that i still dont know how to solve it. Currently i'm using empire EFI cd to boot the snow leopard. I tried to use chameleon boot loader but still having a problem with memory allocation error. But what i dont understand is empire EFI is based on chameleon R3, but when i install chameleon R3 on my boot, it still giving me error. i guess my plist is wrong somewhere.

For now i have to make do with the cd method. Its a small price to pay for the mac in my machine.

By the way, here is my spec:

Acer aspire 4740G
Intel Core i5 430M
Nvidia 310M (i have to modify the kext in order to make it run. For those who are having a problem, try to update your plist with the proper device id and etc)
Atheros wireless
Intel HD audio (still cant make it run, i'll update once i able to make it run)

For those who are still having a problem, keep on trying, maybe some solution is not applicable for you and you have to find another solution. I've been working on this for 2 weeks already and finally it paid off.

froggger

froggger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a snow leo (custom) and when I select a partition I made for OSX, erase the partition, and install to it.
Is there something special I have to do to the partition?
When it reboots, I get my windows bootloader, no darwin.
I went in with easybcd and added an entry for mac, but I throws me an error.

I have no idea what the problem is, but I have an unfortunate feeling that its something ridiculously simple.

Dackson

Dackson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
anyone can teach me how to install mac OSX 10.5 into dv6-1220tx ?? dual boot wind and mac or triboot win,mac and linux.

intel P8700
ati 4650
current i'm using chamelean v1.1 for snow leopard 10.5

I really dnt hv idea how to install macOSX.
i try to install but end up with boot loader error.
boot0:
boot0:
boot1:error >.<
actually how to create hybrid MBR/GPT ?? no idea with it.
because win can not install in GPT format and need to create it own reserved partition.

HELP :unsure:

Dackson

Dackson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
how to solve the boot loader problem

boot0:MBR
boot0:done
no system disk ...
press to reboot

Dackson

Dackson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
someone can help me ??
I'm installing Mac OSX 10.5.6
i used MBR method to create 4 partition, flag 1 for mac OSX, flag 4 for win7 x64
after i done those, i fail to access into mac OSX desktop. it appear a screen asking me to restart.
then i used fdisk to solve it, but still fail for me.
I used easy BCD tool to make mac osx Start up, but it still fail to access into mac OSX dekstop. (appear a grey wallpaper with restart note)

newsoundwave

newsoundwave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright, so here's my problem.

I initially had a wonderful boot setup with Chameleon Bootloader with a Snow Leopard + Windows 7 + Fedora setup.

Recently, I changed Fedora to Gentoo, but during that process, something went terribly wrong.

Now, whenever I set the Chameleon bootloader to the MBR and set the Snow Leopard partition as active, the Windows 7 partition breaks. When I run the Windows 7 Repair disk, use diskpart to set it to active, then fix it, it suddenly works again, but it will only boot into the Windows 7 bootloader (and thus only to Windows 7). Unfortunately, when I switch back to the Snow Leopard partition to active (or even just rewrite the MBR with boot0), Windows 7 no longer works.

So here's my question.

How the heck did I originally have all three systems working?

Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance.

Any help again.

NathanMac

NathanMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi !

I just did an installation from MBP4,1 OEM disk on a mbr disk.(logical 3)

IDE MBR HDD:
Primary 1 - windows xp x86
primary 2 - windows 7 x64
primary 3 - leopard 10.5.6 retail
extened------
logical 1 - fedora 9 x86
logical 2 - blank/ntfs
logical 3 - LEOPARD 10.5.2 OEM
logical 4 - blank/ntfs

It works fine!
I'll update 10.5.8 later, but.....

two important conclusions can drawn:
1.leopard runs just fine on mbr as on gpt !
2.oem leo of mbp17(4,1) can also be used!

so, why go through gptsync of "EFI-GPT hdd" fuss ?

peace out !

Recently, I changed Fedora to Gentoo, but during that process, something went terribly wrong.

what went wrong ? you couldn't complete the installation or what ?

does chainloading work ?

86thispc

86thispc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i got the darwin bootloader working but when i select windows (foreign os) i get a screen saying windows failed to start because a required device is inaccessible. it wants me to then repair but i fear it will erase 10.4.8

how do i make it accesssible, thus solving my problem?

zulsur

zulsur

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
For me, some how i cant seems to install the bootloader to the hard disk. the workaround that i have is by using empire efi disk image, and load it using easy bcd. luckily the new version have load disk image from hdd option, last time i'm using cd everytime i want to boot into my hackintosh. For those who are having issue on bootloader, give it a try, there always another way to boot your osx.

Lewis (or Loui)

Lewis (or Loui)

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

I have tried countless DVD's on my Quad-core intel

my problem is that it installs fine (occasionally need cpus=1 -v for some dvd installers) and dual boots using EasyBCD, what I need to know is why it throws a kernel panic every time I go to boot the installed system if the installer works fine.

can someone please help me to understand how the installer works because running on the logic that the installer runs a osx kernel that works and my installed system obviously does not (so my bad) I'd like to manually edit / hack whatever files from my ubuntu install rather than waste any more days, also I'm guessing a benefit of this would be a truely live system because drivers etc could be loaded like the live but from a usb hd, thanx in advance

clarification btw use ubuntu to edit the files not run mac apps, im not stupid

* just installed MacDrive8, registered it and changed the kernel to one from an earlier dvd, it looks promising as I'm not getting a divide by zero error on load. God cpus=1 is slow though on my Quad core ;), if it boots I'll post again

kellis

kellis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
which kext did you modify to get your 310m to work?
the NVDANV5x?
or NVDARESMAN?
or the enabler?

which kext did you modify to get your 310m to work?
the NVDANV5x?
or NVDARESMAN?
or the enabler?

stokd

stokd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I bought a new Sony Vaio today when I thought my Macbook bit the dust (I've got it working again since, but am still wanting to hackintosh my new powerhouse). Specs are:

Intel i7 Q 740, 6GB RAM, GeForce 330m w/ 1GB dedicated video.

It came with Windows 7 preinstalled and I don't want to mess that up. There's also a recovery partition since they didn't give me any disks I'd like to retain.

I downloaded and burned Empire EFI 1.085 (the legacy one was the one that booted for me) and I can get into the setup, and I'm certain I set up the partition right (used diskmgmt.msc, shrunk my NTFS partition, used diskpart to make a new primary partition & set it to active) and no matter what I do it doesn't recognize it in the OS X 10.6 installer (using retail disk). It tells me I need to repartition using "GUID Partition Table".

I've been trying all day to do this, I'm pretty new to this although I've read about it since it was possible, is there anything I can do to keep my Windows install intact and get the Snow Leopard install working? I've read through countless guides and looked around on YouTube but I'm hitting a wall it seems.

bluntknife

bluntknife

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I downloaded and burned Empire EFI 1.085 (the legacy one was the one that booted for me) and I can get into the setup, and I'm certain I set up the partition right (used diskmgmt.msc, shrunk my NTFS partition, used diskpart to make a new primary partition & set it to active) and no matter what I do it doesn't recognize it in the OS X 10.6 installer (using retail disk). It tells me I need to repartition using "GUID Partition Table".

I had the same problem because my laptop also came with Win7 installed. Go to the kexts website (www.kexts.com) and do a search for Boot MBR (or something like that) and follow the instructions given. I did and it works flawlessly. I now have dual boot win7 and SL vanilla on my HP G70 laptop.

[EDIT] Oh, I installed from 10.6.0 media and have just updated all available software updates without issue so I am now running 10.6.4. Sweeet!

[EDIT 2] I forgot to mention, the only problem I am having is that I do not know how to install Chameleon to the disk so it becomes the active bootloader. So at the moment I am still booting from the Empire EFI CD. If anyone has a solution please let me know. Thanks.

Scornflakes

Scornflakes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a special situation and don't know exactly where to start experimenting.
The situation is the following: I bought a new hard drive and mirrored my OS X partition from my old hard disk to (with another windows partition on it) I'm keeping both hard drives for now and want to try to update one OS X partition (10.5.4. to 10.5.8., maybe snow leopard). So, now, I've got two identical partitions, but I can only boot into one.
I have my boot.ini set up, so that I can choose between Win and Mac.

[boot loader]
timeout=15
default=C:\chain0
[operating systems]
C:\chain0="Mac OS X86"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Additionally I have the Windows partition made primary (so it loops between chain0 and boot prompt until I select).
How can I make chain0 see the new partition? I assume, I have to manipulate the master/slave setting? Or is it the com.apple.Boot.plist ? Hard for me to say.

I would appreciate any pointers,

many thanks ahead,
scornflakes

Blah101

Blah101

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
I triple booted my hackintosh recently. I wrote it down to, so others could see how I did it. How to triple boot on your hackintosh

It took me a lot of testing and messing up, but I finally did it.

~Blah

lugduweb

lugduweb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Dell XPS M1530

I'm dual booting Mac OSX 10.6.3 Snow Leopard and Windows 7 Home Edition.

1 have one HD partitionned as follow (GUID => Hybrid MBR)
BOOT : 1Gb (create than delete partition to have free unused space)
MacOSX : 30Gb (HFS+)
Win7 : 285Gb (FAT)
DellMedia : 4Gb (FAT)

Very fast tutorial :
- Ghost your Windows 7 and other partitions (using Macrium Reflect Free Edition)
- Boot MacOSX (EFI boot CD + OSX retail install CD) and partition disk with a GUID partition
- Install MacOSX (with myHackInstaller)
- Tranform the GUID to Hybrid MBR using "gptsync" utility
- Install new Windows 7 / Restore Windows 7 from Macrium
- Fix MBR with Macrium Windows PE Live CD ($30) or another similar tool
- Boot Windows and install EasyBCD
- Add the MacOSX partition in EasyBCD ("BOOT" disk, MBR)
- done !

Note: il will provide a tuto link later.

muckler

muckler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
This is in response to luguduwebs technique, above:

It worked!! Thanks!! After some putzing about, I got Win 7 and 10.6.4 both goin. Installed SL using myHack (nawcoms 1.1.4 modified version) and fixed the MBR not with Macrium (30 bucks, yea right) but with a simple Win7 repair CD (the one from MS themselves.) Its not perfect yet, but that has more to do with absence of dsdt and stuff like that. Dual boot ahoy!

this is on an ASUS N61Vn for what its worth. 500 GB HD, 350 GB OSX partition 150 GB for Win

Blah101

Blah101

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
I successfully updated my Linux 10.10 on my triple booted machine. I don't know if I needed to, but I kept the old version of grub just in case so as not to have any boot loader problems.

~Blah

MAC IN TOSH

MAC IN TOSH

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Anyone have windows installed and running via Bootcamp on hackintosh??

Bigc9731

Bigc9731

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I installed os x snow leopard first then windows 7 and used the myhack post installation boot program and i am dual booting snow leopard and windows 7 on my pc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy