110 replies to this topic

R2k.

R2k.

One minute to midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Music production and sound design
well,the is Tutorials (The Genius Bar) ,if you think on that ....

~R

R2k.

R2k.

One minute to midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Music production and sound design
i noticed a lot "Leopard leaked" threads ,at least 5-6 of them all over the Front Page and News forums .
can someone collect them and make one,or something like that .

sorry about double post .

~R

SDRacer48

SDRacer48

Air Cody...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Duh! Computers. And my wonderful wife.
The Creativity thread/forum or whatever it is called is hidden by the Wallpapers and Icons thread/forum.

I always can't find it. I suggest putting Creativity first.

As a note, I overall do not like the new layout. Nothing seems to make logical sense. But that is just me.

Sabr

Sabr

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts

As a note, I overall do not like the new layout. Nothing seems to make logical sense. But that is just me.

Ok, well, tell me what doesn't make sense. We might be able to make it better with your help. :)

- Sabr.

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

The Creativity thread/forum or whatever it is called is hidden by the Wallpapers and Icons thread/forum.

What do you mean by it's hidden? There it is, right between Wallpapers and Thunderdome:
Posted Image

EDIT: Ok, well I'm glad I took that screenshot because it's been rearranged now. Personally I don't see the reason but makes no difference either way.

Sabr

Sabr

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts

What do you mean by it's hidden? There it is, right between Wallpapers and Thunderdome:
Posted Image
EDIT: Ok, well I'm glad I took that screenshot because it's been rearranged now. Personally I don't see the reason but makes no difference either way.

Not any more. I moved it up one. :)

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • 2,300 posts

Not any more. I moved it up one. :)

You sly one :P

SDRacer48

SDRacer48

Air Cody...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Duh! Computers. And my wonderful wife.

Ok, well, tell me what doesn't make sense. We might be able to make it better with your help. :(

- Sabr.

Well, first off. It looks a lot better and is way easier to find the Creativity Forum now. It was just shorter in length (the name) and hard to see browsing through.

I just do not understand how the Real Life and Laugh forums can be in separate heading or topics. They just seem they should be together.

Also, I do not see how the X Labs belong in the Insanely Mac Lounge topic. Isn't the X Labs were people go to find information and collaborate about drivers, fixes, and utilities.

Buying, Thoughts, Reviews, and Recommendations and then The Marketplace seem like they should be under the same topic.

If I was going to reorganize the Insanely Mac Forum it would be as follows (not particularly in order though):

Insanely Mac Lounge
Front Page News and Rumors
Reader News and Reviews
New Releases and Updates
Buying Thoughts, Reviews and Recommendations
The Marketplace
Website Invitation Exchange

OSX86 Project
Tutorials (The Genius Bar)
OSx86 Installation
Post-Installation Discussion
Hardware and Drivers
MultiBooting and Virtualization
The X Labs

Apple World (Do not like the name, but whatever)
(keep the same)

Other World (needs good name though)
Creativity
Wallpaper, Icons, Themes, and Skins
Mods and Overclocking
Internet, Networks, and Servers

Community Discussion (kind of like discuss and learn, except more general)
The Great Debates
Apple Opinions and Discussion
Windows Discussion
*nix

Fun
Laughs
Thunderdome
The Big Issues (Real Life)

Your Langauge (topic because it seems like a lot of people are from overseas)
Deutsch
Espanol
Francais
Italianio
Japanese
Pyccko
Portugues
Chinese

Now In My Honest Opinion, I think all of these topics could be separated into completely different pages of forums. You know like link tabs across the top of the page. Then you could reduce a number of subforums and have them on the main topic page, therefore, reducing the layers of pages to go through in order to find what you are looking for.

Now remember, that after saying all this, that I am an extremely organized, anal retentive, obsessive compulsive, could be on the border of crazy person. For example, I am going to reinstall every OS on every computer I own and then reorganize the entire network to be optimized for organization and productivity (according to me) this summer. My wife thinks I am nuts...

This all ^ is just merely my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt...

:D

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • 2,300 posts

I just do not understand how the Real Life and Laugh forums can be in separate heading or topics. They just seem they should be together.

I agree

Also, I do not see how the X Labs belong in the Insanely Mac Lounge topic. Isn't the X Labs were people go to find information and collaborate about drivers, fixes, and utilities.

I agree

Buying, Thoughts, Reviews, and Recommendations and then The Marketplace seem like they should be under the same topic.

I see where you're coming from but I think it's better where it is.

Fun
Laughs
Thunderdome
The Big Issues (Real Life)

Not bad.

Your Langauge (topic because it seems like a lot of people are from overseas)
Deutsch
Espanol
Francais
Italianio
Japanese
Pyccko
Portugues
Chinese

Like and dislike at the same time. This would most likely make the forum even longer which doesn't look good.

My wife thinks I am nuts...

I agree :(

vkd

vkd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
I want to see a decent search function on this site. Soon! I am not lame. Please don't treat me like I am with your useless site search function.

ninetto

ninetto

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
PLEASE please pretty please... it is HIGH time that there be a special "LAPTOP" section.

Since tweaking laptops IS more difficult that standard components, and the hardware usally CANNOT be easily swapped... it makes the experience of others with the same/similar model all the more valuable. REALLY valuable.

The HCL is just so messy and out-of-date, this would be a really important category.

Maybe just adding a section under "Hardware", although you could go with an entire Headline section of its own, since there are so many laptop sub-categories... i.e. AMD/ INTEL etc etc etc.

best wishes,
ninetto

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
'10.6 Snow Leopard' forum for Macs and Hacs please gents :)

iPoco

iPoco

InsanelyMac Plumber

• Supervisors
  • 1,470 posts
For those who have added InsanelyMac to their ipod or iphone as a webclip can you:
http://vjarmy.com/ar...bclip_icons.php
So that we have an icon instead of a screenshot?
iPoco

ne0shell

ne0shell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
The HCL is great but it would be awesome to see some example systems listing the newest available components which are known to work OOTB with the more recent Leopard releases. Suggestions for various purposes - ie "netbook, laptop, affordable desktop, high end desktop and x86-server" configurations. I'm interested in building my own Xeon powered x-server for my growing stable of Macs and linux boxes on my home network but it's been a bit rough going through the HCL and trying to determine the mobos and so on that will work OOTB and are fairly recent. I don't know all the vendor model numbers as I expect most people do not.

Thanks to everyone for the contributions and work - it's been awesome dropping Vista for OS-X(86).

ekahsm

ekahsm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

PLEASE please pretty please... it is HIGH time that there be a special "LAPTOP" section.

Since tweaking laptops IS more difficult that standard components, and the hardware usally CANNOT be easily swapped... it makes the experience of others with the same/similar model all the more valuable. REALLY valuable.

The HCL is just so messy and out-of-date, this would be a really important category.

Maybe just adding a section under "Hardware", although you could go with an entire Headline section of its own, since there are so many laptop sub-categories... i.e. AMD/ INTEL etc etc etc.

best wishes,
ninetto

I second this. It is very confusing to navigate and hope to find a thread dedicated to a special laptop. For example, you can browse through the entire graphics drivers/kexts section but the entire thread is made up of numerous references, some to internal displays, some specific laptops/etc.

But i guess i myself is used to figuring out what to find... and it takes more time, but the information is here nonetheless...just the layout could benefit from a rejig...

Bob Ajob

Bob Ajob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:tinkering with hackintoshes .... obviously :)
I think this is a fantastic forum and it has definitely helped me over the last months (and is it years already?) tinkering with my personal osx86 projects. I'm a bit surprised that there are no large visible links to donate financially back to the osx86 community/cause through PayPal or something? I'm not sure if proceeds should go to the site owners or developers in the osx86 community to aid the development of new and exciting osx86 toys? I feel that certain teams and individuals deserve rewarding for their efforts and if we are to maintain our wish to keep running the latest versions of a fantastic operating system on commodity hardware then perhaps we should each consider paying a token amount back to the true hackers who maintain the latest kernels/kexts and other useful osx86 solutions/workarounds...
One final suggestion - more voting on current events could be useful - such as "How did the 10.5.6 update go for you - Perfect? / Issues? / Fatal?"

Hope you are all looking forward to a fantastic festive period and take a welcome break so we can move the community forward into the new year. All the best,
Bob

stroke

stroke

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
The problem there is that any donations would be to the owners of this site, which don't do anything related to OSx86 other than maintain this site. So in effect you're not donating to osx86.

buffalolee

buffalolee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I would like to see an online store to purchase equipment for the Hackintosh. If you can align yourself with an online retailer, it would be great. This would make it easy for Hackintosh users to purchase equipment that does not require begging on the Hackintosh forum.

A portion of the money would go back to feed the Hackintosh community while supplying the end users with equipment.

Want to find a mini pcie wireless card for your notebook that does not need hacks? Buy it through the insanelymac store link!

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Where's egosearch? So I can see the threads where I posted into?

Guest: Abyssian_*

Guest: Abyssian_*
  • Guests
@marionez: Click on your nickname and choose Find Member's Topics or Find Member's Posts.

Kind regards,
Abyssian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy