Suggestions....

144 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Sorry for my bad english.

I means "user on line". When I post a comment I don't know if a member is on line or not. If I wait for an answer, it would be easier to know.

For example, see below

example.png

Ah ok, I get it.

There's a plugin to do what you want, but unfortunately, it's not compatible with our current board version.

Online Indicator

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Allan said:

Ah ok, I get it.

There's a plugin to do what you want, but unfortunately, it's not compatible with our current board version.

Online Indicator

Thanks. it's a shame for this plugin very practical. Maybe a new version of the theme for the forum?

• 2 weeks later...

So we NOT going to fix this and let these FWs post {censored} as their first post?

Not really my problem but you guys really need to fix it and pronto.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For New People.

How about a rule where IF NO SIGNATURE THEN NO POST

For others.

see For New People

A lot of people asking for help without a good signature makes for actually helping quite hard...

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

Hello!

I have an idea to keep the advertisement and spam trolls a bit away. Activating the confirmation of having read the rules (If i remember it correct, my registering her is some years ago) after the time it normally lasts, to read the rules. Could also ceritify a bit, that new intereseted users read the rules, set their hardware in the signature (idea STLNUB from above) and stop a bit more the mentioning using methods from "The HOME of the BEASTS" and distros.

Have fun.

Well, "a picture is worth a thousands of words..."

So, what about a video? :D

Point the new members to this topic, so they can finally understand why signatures are so important.

Thank you guys ^_^

• Like 1

The biggest problem is that those so-called new people do not read the forum rules (old people either), so adding a new rule is more irrelevant than anything else.

The proof is that we already have what is needed:

On 3/23/2018 at 9:46 PM, Allan said:

Give your hardware specs when necessary (asking for support) and any other time where it may be beneficial to have them listed.

Adding a video does not help either.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, fantomas1 said:

Adding a video does not help either.

If you take a look carefully at the most of 'newbies' post, you'll see that they don't have a idea about where put the signature.

Some are putting it at the wrong place in their profile, not in the place that should be.

That's why I created the video.

• Like 1

As @fantomas1 said, rules already state that users should give hardware specs when necessary. Supposing that they don't know how to write their signature, the could easily add them into the opening post. Why don't they do that? Because they don't read the rules. The rules that they agree when they create an account.

How are they supposed to read an "how-to-do" guide hidden somewhere in the forum? Anyway thanks for the effort. At least now the have one less excuse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Allan said:

If you take a look carefully at the most of 'newbies' post, you'll see that they don't have a idea about where put the signature.

Some are putting it at the wrong place in their profile, not in the place that should be.

That's why I created the video.

In such a case, it is always welcome - another example, the people who click the report button to post a comment.

But my post was referring about to create a new rule that would prevent new people of posting if they do not have their signature in profile.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Ummm... Make searching work correctly for both content and users. One doesn't allow you to narrow the search even though it provides those options and the other says Not found most of the time but randomly with show users.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Ability to switch off the ads, like they do in the Apps on IOS

Have Premium mode, with NO ads

Have Basic mode with ads

Besides HATING spam I also hate Ads

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

Guest ricoc90

I agree with STLVNUB. I don't mind an advertisement here and there, but it's way too much and way to prominent.
Sure, the servers don''t pay for themselves so indeed: a premium account with no ads would be the best option in my opinion.