i have eventually got round to writing up my g5 (Powermac i7) build. The build dragged on for around 3 years, and i always ended up either running of money or just got bored with no working computer. However eventually I had the funds and the motivation to finish it. The plus points of the dragged out build time was that I got to see other people's ideas and with those their plus and negative points. I like the layout of my build and that fact that most hardware can be updated reasonably easily, but as i have crammed a lot in things are tight and the final assembly was hard.
Due to the crap way mobile me displays its pictures, and this forums weird image thingy combined with my laziness i cannot link to the images. However you can view the images i have put up so far here
I have some more backed up somewhere showing the method and more detailed picture of the front radiator mount and the epoxy gluing of the motherboard tray to the case. If you have any questions of any items ask it! Most of what I did is already on here and i have just taken bit from everybodies builds. The build by nervouschimp was the changing point for me, as before I was going to butcher the back of the case, glad I didn't now.
All of the water cooling is by AquaComputer.de, great stuff and they have good customer service. When I first put everything in the case and set up the loop, my pump broke, and due to the way the case is assembled everything had to come out for me to get the pump out. Very annoying but it was all sorted for free by aqua computer. That is why the case goes from nearly done to square one again. I ran the case without water cooling whilst i was waiting for the fixed pump.
All in all i am happy with it although i have a few issues. The main one being there is a screw or something slightly loose, so it resonates sometimes - i have yet to track it down and fix it (i am lazy). Also during the second assembly i damaged a temperature probe and did not realise. This means the aquareo cannot tell the temp of the coolant so sticks the fans on full blast. Again have the part to fix it but i either have to drain the loop (not easy) or be really, really quick fitting the inline probe trying not to leak much coolant (again, i am lazy)
Let me know what you think! I will probably upload some photos to image bucket so i can do a proper log for you guys.
Oh and the specs: Intel Pentium 920 i7, gigabyte motherboard, 6gb Corsair 1600mhz, ati radeon 4870x2, LG Bluray/HD-DVD drive, 1TB HDD, 1.5TB HDD and soundblaster 2 audigy card.