• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

elromeo

elromeo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
http://img406.images...picture1ej1.jpg hey it dissapear my HD WHAT SHOULD I DO?

crazyJAT

crazyJAT

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
So, I successfully mounted a ssh file system to my mac, but it does not show up on my desktop... The macFuse website states:

This assumes you have the MacFUSE runtime environment installed: either through the binary tarball or through compilation from scratch. For details on setting up MacFUSE, see the HOWTO page.

# Mounting the SSH file system
$ mkdir /some/mount/point # or use one that already exists
$ sshfs user@host:/some/directory /some/mount/point -oping_diskarb,volname=<volname>

<volname> should be a string you wish to use as the name of the newly mounted volume. If everything went fine, you should see the volume on your Desktop and in the Finder (unless you have disabled remote volumes from showing up in these places).

Once you are done using sshfs, you can unmount the volume either using the eject icon in the Finder or other common user-interface means of ejecting. Alternatively, you can do the following from the command line:

$ umount /some/mount/point

So, I ask, is the mounting of remote volumes on the desktop disabled by default? How do I enable it? Anyone successfully mount an ssh file system and have it show up on the desktop?

xtraa

xtraa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
Here is the new version from Jan. 16th:

http://idisk.mac.com..... 20070116.dmg

Edited by xtraa, 17 January 2007 - 01:50 PM.

JaS

JaS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,487 posts

Here is the new version from Jan. 16th:

http://idisk.mac.com..... 20070116.dmg

So what is new with this version ?

avenger

avenger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

uhhmmmm...... For some reason i can't install ntfs-3g, it says it needs macfuse but i have already installed macfuse. Any suggestions?

im also getting the same error can anyone help

JaS

JaS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,487 posts
To fix this error you can mount the ntfs-3g dmg and drop the ntfs-3g install pkg into your desktop.Next click on the pkg and pick show contents and go into the contents folder.

Open the file info.plist with textedit & look for this code

<key>IFRequirementDicts</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>Level</key>
			<string>requires</string>
			<key>MessageKey</key>
			<string>macfuse_required</string>
			<key>SpecArgument</key>
			<string>/Library/Receipts/MacFUSE.pkg</string>
			<key>SpecType</key>
			<string>file</string>
			<key>TestObject</key>
			<true/>
			<key>TestOperator</key>
			<string>eq</string>
			<key>TitleKey</key>
			<string>macfuse_package</string>
		</dict>
	</array>

Remove this code from the info.plist and close textedit,saving the newly edited info.plist. Now just click on the package and install.

TatoNo

TatoNo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
For those getting the error on "Mac fused not installed"

you can go to /System/Receipt (or something like this)

and You will find a:

MacFuse Core.pkg

Copy it and rename the copy to

MacFuse.pkg

Im not sure about the caps, just keep the same caps as the one with "Core", just remove the core part.

After that you will be able to install.

homer007

homer007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
has anyone found out how to auto mount external drives??

avenger

avenger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

To fix this error you can mount the ntfs-3g dmg and drop the ntfs-3g install pkg into your desktop.Next click on the pkg and pick show contents and go into the contents folder.

Open the file info.plist with textedit & look for this code

<key>IFRequirementDicts</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>Level</key>
			<string>requires</string>
			<key>MessageKey</key>
			<string>macfuse_required</string>
			<key>SpecArgument</key>
			<string>/Library/Receipts/MacFUSE.pkg</string>
			<key>SpecType</key>
			<string>file</string>
			<key>TestObject</key>
			<true/>
			<key>TestOperator</key>
			<string>eq</string>
			<key>TitleKey</key>
			<string>macfuse_package</string>
		</dict>
	</array>

Remove this code from the info.plist and close textedit,saving the newly edited info.plist. Now just click on the package and install.

thanx jas i got it installed now

CheeseCake

CheeseCake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Just to remind, for those using NTFS volume with eastern Asian folders/files, it's better to add locale parameter, i.e.,

use
ntfs-3g /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/"Storage" -o ping_diskarb,volname="Storage",locale=zh_CN

instead of,
ntfs-3g /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/"Storage" -o ping_diskarb,volname="Storage"

Otherwise, all folders/files containing eastern Asian Language will be invisible. You may change zh_CN to real locale setting.

peekay_us

peekay_us

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi,
It's working great on one of my drives, but not the other. When I try write, I get this error:

The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "my file" could not be read or written. (Error code -36).

Any help is much appreciated,

Peekay

ariadri

ariadri

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

mickles's method is working. However, I think another method is to disable osx to automount NTFS volume as readonly before mount it using fuse.

In Terminal,

cd /etc
sudo nano fstab

add,

LABEL=NTFSxxx /private/mnt/NTFSxxx ntfs ro,noauto (replace NTFSxxx with real volume name)
^x

then,

cd /System/Library/StartupItems/Disks/
sudo nano Disks

add after "/sbin/autodiskmount -va"

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
export PATH
mkdir /Volumes/Storage
ntfs-3g /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/"Storage" -o ping_diskarb,volname="Storage"
^x

reboot

cheesecake I followd your instructions and it went well until I rebooted on the second time.
Now I sometimes get it to mount, and sometimes it won't show up at all. Its becoming like a roulette wheel. any suggestions
thanx

Built Like A Rock

Built Like A Rock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Okay, I tried the guide and it worked for me. Thanks. Only problem now is that whenever I boot up I get a flashing globe/world icon for 30-45 seconds and then I get the apple icon and then my computer loads. Then when I shut down when it gets to the blue screen right before it shuts down I get the black loading circle for 30-45 seconds and then finally turns off. Does anyone know whats causing the problem and can help me? I'm confused as what I'm suppose to do to fix this. If someone can help me It would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Built Like A Rock, 18 January 2007 - 09:36 PM.

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
The guys AppleNova did it again. 2 internal and 1 ext usb drive automounts on reboot. Pay attention to CheeseCake's comment about localization. The only minor mod the user has to do is change the orig. icon. No problem with upgrading from prior version anymore.

The latest versions as of this post are:

* MacFUSE 0.1.0_beta6-r3
* NTFS-3G 20070116-r4.

http://forums.applen...p;postcount=114

peekay_us

peekay_us

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hi,
It's working great on one of my drives, but not the other. When I try write, I get this error:

The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "my file" could not be read or written. (Error code -36).

Any help is much appreciated,

Peekay

Nevermind, it's working now -- type-o on my part!

Another question, though:

Is it a bad idea to write to my NTFS partition (or a FAT32 partition, for that matter) using a program other than Finder ie. Bittorrent etc?

Thanks,
Peekay

Mebster

Mebster

Why So Ridiculous?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
What's the big news people?

Does this thing allow read/write from OS X and Windows (in both directions)?

helios

helios

got OS X?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
AcePlayer> The big news is full NTFS read/write support in OSX. For support to write to OSX partitions in windows try MacDrive.

equilibriumuk

equilibriumuk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Cool, I might try this :)

Altho atm I have a FAT32 partition for cross-platform read+write. Would be nice to write to my USB hard drive which for some reason came formatted as NTFS :(

Ashgotti

Ashgotti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
works perfectly for me :D almost using OS X full time... I use windows at home with my dual screen setup. macdrive doesnt work for me tho.. oh well.

redcell

redcell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
with the command:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

you can display all (hidden) files on a HFS+ parttion and see that a HFS+ partition has a file named .VolumeIcon.icns on it

I was wondering, now that NTFS has write support, I tried to write the file .VolumeIcon.icns wich every mac drive has to the NTFS partitions, in order to display a drive icon of my liking for the NTFS partitions, but somehow, these drive icons are not being displayed. does a drive icon also need something else besides .VolumeIcon.icns???

Edited by redcell, 26 January 2007 - 04:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy