Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

Hi All!

Can somebody help me with Samsung X50 laptop? Video X600 Mobility 0x3150 with 64Mb DDR don't work with any (Callisto, koverg and Natit) drivers/patches. Tried all the receipts -- no way! 1024x768, no CI/QE.

Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg - screen goes grey without apple, system hangs. In system log I has no any traces of Natit startup.

Sometimes I think that 1280x800 is enough for me... But... :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Can Someone PLEASE try and help me?

I have been at it going on 4 days!

Ok, as you can see,

I am NOT losing my mind even though it is going on 3 days so far of trying to get this to work....

I opened the JaS DVD, went to the system/installation packages and copied the NV40 to desktop. I then extracted the archive file and replaced all the Geforce/Nvidia/Resman kexts. I did get a message at one time saying I did not have permission to access the GefroceGA.kext (probably due to it being in use) so I trashed it and placed the fresh file from the JaS 10.4.8 DVD in there.

I then added the NATIT V.01 kext and ran all the normal terminal commands as well as added my id.

Bottom line, extactly where I was before I started, one monitor works (VGA) (the DVI >VGA will work by itself if VGA unplugged).

Both show the boot up screen, and GREY LOGO, however, when it gets to the dark portion, only the VGA monitor recovers.

Still seeking Help.

My Edited KEXTS for your/anyones review.

I also deleted the AGPGart.kext too, nothing. Going on 3 very long days. Not giving up. Someone will know, I just have to

\keep some faith and believe someone will have the solution as to why its not taking.

The DRIVER itself is taking as I do have one monitor with QE/CI working, just not the dual display, Yet!

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks and Thanks again!!!!!!!

Geforce Kext

gefrocekextqx4.th.gif

Resman Kext

resmanji1.th.gif

HAL40

val40yp7.th.gif

AHHHH IT ALL WORKS!!!!

Dual screen, QE/CI NO TEARING!

Never thought I'd see the day!!!

Thank you everyone involved!

For the record used Natit_edited, and only did what gaucho described a few posts up about CI/QE. Amazing!

I downloaded tonight the 1st Natit Kext....but have yet to get anything to work in dual.

I can see both boot up, but only the VGA recovers, the VGA (with a DVI to VGA adapter) never recovers.

Here is my screen shot which shows my BBEDIT, all my Nvidia files (folder) as well as Profiler, display. My FRUITS of LABOR, 3+ days!!!

natithelpfd3.th.png

To show that I really am trying, I really am, and I know that some have gotten dual VGA's to boot with a DVI to VGA adapter (have tried two adapters, you never know). The closest I ever got once (can't recall what I did) was when the VGA booted sideway and I remember reading someone had this problem until they rebooted. No such luck for me.

You can read more of my adventure at the THREAD above this one.

PCI Nvidia Geforce 7600GS 256 which shows up in profiler, QE/CI enabled. Just no dual yet. AM NEVER GIVING UP!

Help, although, still appreciated!

I also wonder WHERE and in what line of code does it say to pull up a secondary monitor?

Thanks

You can read more of my adventure at the THREAD above this one.

PCI Nvidia Geforce 7600GS 256 which shows up in profiler, QE/CI enabled. Just no dual yet. AM NEVER GIVING UP!

Help, although, still appreciated!

I also wonder WHERE and in what line of code does it say to pull up a secondary monitor?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat as you. except with a GeForce 7300GS 256 PCIe- no dual support what so ever. . .

I'm in the same boat as you. except with a GeForce 7300GS 256 PCIe- no dual support what so ever. . .

Very weird, either one will work without the other plugged in, so I think its a matter of somehow editing something else.

As you saw, many many hours gone into this. I saw some posts....that said something like this..

I tried it on my PNY GeForce 7300 GS 256MB PCIe (dual head w/VGA & DVI) and only the VGA side works not the DVI w/VGA adaptor UNTIL I edit the Info.plist in the Natit.kext and add the following under the NVCAP key (which I got from another post):

CODE"NVCAP = <04000100 00000300 0c000000 0000000a 00000000 >

So am hopeful I can figure that out and get DISPLAY B or A to show up.

I think we (those having this problem) need to edit something else!?

hello, i was trying to get my saphire x1950xt pcie to work using the natit_uni.pkg. well after reboot, i only got a blue screen, no desktop etc..per natit instructions i tried the uninstall booting up in -s 'single user mode' i think the uninstaller took, gave me a bunch of text etc. then it rebooted. i went back to the internal vga (gma 900) and now i get this weird blue blocks all over the screen. its weird i can see the mouse and when i move it i get some weird tearing. someone PLEASE help!! i DO NOT want to re-install! please!

How did you install in the first place?

JaS DVD? If so what version! Did you install 900 or 950 GMA?

MMight want to take a look here for the GMA file install.

Useful Files

hello, i was trying to get my saphire x1950xt pcie to work using the natit_uni.pkg. well after reboot, i only got a blue screen, no desktop etc..per natit instructions i tried the uninstall booting up in -s 'single user mode' i think the uninstaller took, gave me a bunch of text etc. then it rebooted. i went back to the internal vga (gma 900) and now i get this weird blue blocks all over the screen. its weird i can see the mouse and when i move it i get some weird tearing. someone PLEASE help!! i DO NOT want to re-install! please!

i installed with the jas 10.4.8 intel/amd sse3 with patches (forgot the name of the patches im at work) Used gma 900. had full qe/ci etc. i tried to run the uninstaller from single user mode, but alot of white text came out i just hit enter and it went to the next line, wasnt sure if i was suppose to put in a command.

thanks for the link to the gma installer, but i cant see nothing on the desktop :tomato: its all blue with dark blue blocks. :-(

Unfortunately, when using Natit 0.1 (Universal Installer) I get a very slow desktop, as in my mouse barely moves and the keyboard is sluggish. I deleted Natit and turned on Keypad Mouse keys so I can change the resolution and refresh rate. I reinstalled Natit, and changed the res/refresh. When I did that I got a blue screen and was left with that. Rebooted and I still have the blue screen.

Any ideas?

This is on a Nvidia 6600gt 128mb PCIe.

Thanks!

Hello! i have 10.4.8 jas amd/intel sseII, sseIII, ppfI and II...

My GPU is Nvidia 6200 128MB DDR2 (non turbo cache :) ), i have titan drivers,full workin :huh: ... so he question is, i have to remove the titan and put than new natit? how do i do that?

Thanks for your time... sorry about my english ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Clean JaS 10.4.8 install

use Natit Dual v02

VideoCard - ASUS 7300GT 256MB (w. 1 DVI + 1 VGA)

LCD - HP f2105 (vga+dvi) + HP f1503 (vga)

When I use DVI for f2105 and VGA for f1503, it's only f1503 worked. When I use DVI to VGA Adapter for f2105 (vga port) and VGA for f1503, the two LCD works w. full QE/CI.

However, the HP f2105 w. VGA port looks a little blur. Anyone can help me ? How to make it work w. DVI for f2105 and VGA for f1503 ?

I don't know what's the different between Natit.kext.zip and Natit_Dual_v0.02.zip ?

Sorry for my poor English... Thanks !

This is a new build with more settings possible in Info.plist. Contains device-id -> name for both nVidia and ATI.

Inside is default settings for ati and nvidia which will be set if not otherwise specified. To specify other settings for a specific device id put a string inside the dictionary of the device id, with key "entriesToAddKey" and value of your choice. Then add to the entriesToAdd dictionary of the vendor, a dictionary with the key you choose before. Then this should be loaded for devices where entriesToAddKey is set to the dictionary's key.

This sounds confusing, but it's actually now. I'm just to tired to explain it better right now. If someone can explain this better, it would be great.

But anyway, this design should make it possible to collect the different configurations that work, and put them inside their own dictionaries, then point the device ids to the right dictionary for the card.

Warning: this has not been tested very much (and only on nVidia), and the default values might not work for you as they're taken from attempts at getting multiple displays working.

Please report back any bugs you find. Stories of success is also welcome. :)

--- EDIT ---

The reason why I'm not releasing source code yet is that the source contains a lot of confusing and messy vbe & gdt/ldt code which is not in use yet. Once I get it fully working and cleaned up I will of course release the source again.

--- EDIT ---

I've removed from some entries from the ATI default values and set the display-connect-flags to the right values on suggestion from MiR.

--- EDIT ---

New release with test of ATI autodetect of X1300, X1600, X1800 & X1900 based on values provided by Ciber.

Please report any results as the code for multiple settings for different device-ids has not been tested yet.

--- EDIT ---

For QE/CI you have to add the device id of your card in ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

Hi!

I have modified the natit.kext and i've got the next results:

It recognises my 6100 go videocard, but no CI/QE/Resolution switch.

What should I do???

Please Help

post-76979-1180266546_thumb.png

i just installed my mac os x, i have been having problems with it, but it seemed stable, i could reboot it succesfully atleast. I have x1900xtx and i installed this driver, upon rebooting i get stuck in this blue screen, there is no cursor visble but this screen after 20 minutes doesnt seem to be moving. any suggestions, anyway to undo this if it cant be fixed? thanks

i just installed my mac os x, i have been having problems with it, but it seemed stable, i could reboot it succesfully atleast. I have x1900xtx and i installed this driver, upon rebooting i get stuck in this blue screen, there is no cursor visble but this screen after 20 minutes doesnt seem to be moving. any suggestions, anyway to undo this if it cant be fixed? thanks

Sorry to say, this did not work for me. I´ve never really had any trouble with anything except dual screen as far as graphics and display go. I have a 7300GS, with one VGA and one DVI with VGA-adapter.

The thing is, both diplays are active when I boot (the grey apple is cloned on both displays), but just as I get to the desktop both displays turn black, and just one then turns up with the desktop. I tried rebooting and unplugging/hotplugging as suggested, but I never get both displays running at the same time. I can however unplug either, and the get the other running if I reboot. Almost seems strange, with the card performing so well in all other respects.

I have a similar card with the same issue

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Radeon x1900 w/ 512. After clean JaS install get 1024x768 cloned display on both 19" viewsonic and 30" dell lcd both over dvi. I am not able to change resolution. I am going to try Nat_edited. I am looking for a 2560x1200 resolution for the dell and 1280x1024 on the viewsonic.

Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1900 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7249

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

VX924:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

DELL3007WFPHC:

Resolution: 2560 x 1600

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

D O N E

----replaced Sphyrna with Alopias in the NatitX1900 plist ( thank you Diabolik), before the edit i was getting vertical bars.

Hey, I have just installed the OSX96 10.4.8 from Jas and after the apple gray screen, I get a blue screen (low rez) with no mouse.

Is this a problem with my graphic card?

X1950Pro Powercolor.

If so, how can I fix it so I can at least use the OS.

I see that some people are able to use the OS with this card (but with some minor problems), but they can use it at least.

can some one give me a clue?

thanks

grbrum

i had the same problem when i first started playing with OSX. i had to re-install OSX but without the additional gfx card support. then i installed Jccools drivers from here. i'm sure there's a way to rescue your current installation, probably in safe mode, but i've no idea how, so i can't help you there :thumbsup_anim:

Hey, I have just installed the OSX96 10.4.8 from Jas and after the apple gray screen, I get a blue screen (low rez) with no mouse.

Is this a problem with my graphic card?

X1950Pro Powercolor.

If so, how can I fix it so I can at least use the OS.

I see that some people are able to use the OS with this card (but with some minor problems), but they can use it at least.

can some one give me a clue?

thanks

grbrum

For the x1950 pro to work you need the natit edited form this thread. If you install it properly putting it with the right owner (system) in the extension folder then you will get resolution change. The card is then partly recognized. For QE and CI the atiradeonx1000.kext needs the device id of the graphics card but that gives a kernel panic with the current kext. The Jccool driver will not solve that.

hi

i have a notebook but my screen is broken.

the videocard is a nvidia geforce GO fx 5700.

my question is if this card is supported on osx 10.4.8?

so i can connect an external monitor to it.

thx in advance

Hello everyone,

First I'd like to thank and congratulate everyone for the excellent work and effort you're putting in all this.

I have a 6600 Intel Dual Core on an Asus P5W DH motherboard running perfectly well Jas 10.4.8.

I'm happy to say that I've had no problems whatsoever since the very first clean install. Everything works fine, except for one thing: dual display.

I would like to be able to use both my flat 17" screens as one desktop, like I do in WinXP. My graphic card is an ATI x1300 and works like a charm, except Tiger doesn't see the second monitor so I can't extend the desktop to it. When the machine boots, Darwin and the Apple show up on both screens, but as soon as Tiger wakes up the second monitor goes "No signal". My monitors are connected in the following way:

Main monitor: VGA port

Secondary monitor: DVI output with DVI to VGA adaptor

I'd like to ask you guys if there is a known solution for this yet? If so, could you point me out what to do, or if you prefer, give me a link to which thread explains what to do? I have been searching and reading many posts but many times as the content is about code itself I just get confused and loose the plot, and can't figure out which version to download, install or which method to follow...

To be honest I'm not much of a programmer myself, so personally, I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Thanks in advance for your time, and again, congratulations on this wonderful project that to me, almost defies the limits of imagination!!

:)

Elea

Hey guys, apologies upfront for being 1: a n00b, 2: a n00b who has taken it upon myself to try something hard for no good reason.

i am running uphuck 1.3 (10.4.9) on a dell precision 530.

The graphics card is a nvidia quadro 700, which from my understanding is fairly close to the Geforce 4200ti. And i cant get QE to work. Has anyone had any sucess with this or something similar?

thanks!

(for the record, i completely messed up my OSX install 3-4 times trying to get this to work on my own before posting this)

• 2 weeks later...
This is a new build with more settings possible in Info.plist. Contains device-id -> name for both nVidia and ATI.

Inside is default settings for ati and nvidia which will be set if not otherwise specified. To specify other settings for a specific device id put a string inside the dictionary of the device id, with key "entriesToAddKey" and value of your choice. Then add to the entriesToAdd dictionary of the vendor, a dictionary with the key you choose before. Then this should be loaded for devices where entriesToAddKey is set to the dictionary's key.

This sounds confusing, but it's actually now. I'm just to tired to explain it better right now. If someone can explain this better, it would be great.

But anyway, this design should make it possible to collect the different configurations that work, and put them inside their own dictionaries, then point the device ids to the right dictionary for the card.

Warning: this has not been tested very much (and only on nVidia), and the default values might not work for you as they're taken from attempts at getting multiple displays working.

Please report back any bugs you find. Stories of success is also welcome. :)

--- EDIT ---

The reason why I'm not releasing source code yet is that the source contains a lot of confusing and messy vbe & gdt/ldt code which is not in use yet. Once I get it fully working and cleaned up I will of course release the source again.

--- EDIT ---

I've removed from some entries from the ATI default values and set the display-connect-flags to the right values on suggestion from MiR.

--- EDIT ---

New release with test of ATI autodetect of X1300, X1600, X1800 & X1900 based on values provided by Ciber.

Please report any results as the code for multiple settings for different device-ids has not been tested yet.

--- EDIT ---

For QE/CI you have to add the device id of your card in ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

I can see in the dual-file that there should be support for ATI Radeon X300 PCIe dual screen setup. Is this for mirroring the first display or for extend the desktop?

Please update me with instructions to make this work. Would be nice to use the two screens I've put up next to eachother