Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

I have an x1900xt under a 10.5.2 install after graphics update. On the very first boot up, I got a message saying that Natit had errors and couldn't be used, so I looked for something else.

User Jccool made some kind of installer for ATI x1900 series cards, so I tried that and it didn't work. I don't know how to uninstall it, and jccool doesn't speak english very well I guess? so he didn't answer when I asked, so I just installed Natit_autoATI, this time with kext helper b7. It sets my resolution correctly on boot (verified in monitor built in menu) but then freezes at a nice pretty blue screen. I've tried -x at boot, and I've tried getting rid of all of the ATIRadeon*.kexts (left the ATINDRV and the other all caps one there).

Any ideas? I'd think maybe formatting and reinstalling and just using the natit_autoati would work, but I don't want to do that if I don't have to. Is there a way to uninstall that package that jccool made?

Thanks!!!! QE/CI/changeable resolution works on my 3D Fuzion GeForce FX 5500 256MB PCI, on a RS482 mobo, inside of Leopard 10.5.1!

Hey guys, I have an X1950PRO W 512 Mem, and the section of my Natit.kext looks like this

</dict>
					<key>0x7280</key>
					<dict>
						<key>asic</key>
						<string>R580</string>
						<key>name</key>
						<string>Radeon X1950 Series</string>
					</dict>

But Im stuck at 1024x768 with no QE?

Can Someone Help me?

Thanks IN advance!

Hey guys, I have an X1950PRO W 512 Mem, and the section of my Natit.kext looks like this

</dict>
					<key>0x7280</key>
					<dict>
						<key>asic</key>
						<string>R580</string>
						<key>name</key>
						<string>Radeon X1950 Series</string>
					</dict>

But Im stuck at 1024x768 with no QE?

Can Someone Help me?

Thanks IN advance!

look at this thread

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=58988

it works for my card, and i believe we have the same one. i do have a tiny bit of mouse tearing, and i have no idea how to get rid of that. Bronya says it's not the driver, so idk what it is.

okay to help out i guess all the other 7300GS and 7300GT users are missing out on is dual screen. I guess i just cracked it...

Here are my working kexts: Grab them Here <-- not Available till you respect the Dev.

now drag and drop those into /System/Library/Extensions/

Authenticate and Replace when prompted

now open Terminal and type in the following:

sudo -s (press enter)
type your password (press enter)
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext/ (press enter)
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext/ (press enter)
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/ (press enter)
  sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/ (press enter)
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/ (press enter)
  sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/ (press enter)
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext (press enter)
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache (press enter)
diskutil RepairPermissions / (press enter)

Quit terminal and reboot.

if you get nothing on both screens first try, unplug one and reboot. then hot plug the second monitor then reboot. then it should pop up like mine did.

*the only thing that dosent work properly is mirror display mode and i havent tried svideo out*

please post if this works for you or not.

its working on my XFX 7300GS : Heres my card same make and model and where i got it.

Thanks! I'll try this hack

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have a Dell E521 with PCIe ATI X1300 Pro (256M) (Dual display DVI/VGA). I am using Natit_ATIauto.kext.zip. When I reboot, i see a blue screen and the system freeze. Could anyone tell me what went wrong...

The device id shows 0x7183(Primary), 0x71a3 using DPCIManager. These values are list in the .plist. but it is for X1300 series, not for X1300Pro. Is this the problem?

Thanks

Zephyroth's 10.5.2 Revision 2

Audio is working

LAN is working

AMD 5000+

2G Ram

Finally, it made my x1600xt sapphire works!!! But for now only in VGA, not in DVI mode... Now i can switch to 1280x1024 75Hz ! ;) Thanks!

(if i let the dvi plugged into video card, i dont have any image on both.. but if i let only vga, it works!!

• 2 weeks later...

Natit does not work with the new BIOS revision for the Radeon HD3850 cards.

I've tried a lot of different things to attempt to get it working but the OS just doesn't start up and I ended up having to boot into Single User Mode and running a script to remove my video settings.

Any ideas on how to get this working? The DevID doesn't change, but I'm not sure how to output a full BIOS dump in order to help with the development.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 in my laptop (PCIID 0x714A). I use Kalyway 10.5.2. If I use the Natit.kext shipped with kalyway I only get a fixed resolution of 1024x768. If I use the kext in Natit_ATIauto.kext.zip the internal LCD goes black and the external monitor is out of range (I still hear the mac error sounds when I press some keys).

Is there any way to fix it and to get 1280x800?

• 2 weeks later...

Doesnt autodetect my Radeon 1650 (71c7)

I also did some editing but nothing,,all i could get was

a little screen flash and kernel panic

Please help me..

NVM i bought a Radeon HD 2600XT..I am going to test it today..

Today i found an old (2005) Sapphire X-1800XL , i put it on my asrock conroe 1333 , and i used the kext from kalyway's

10.5.2 DVD (natit for X-1x00 ) . Dual DVI worked at once (via DVI-VGA adapters) , without restart ...

Later i try to connect a TV - i dont have the card's cable - the card has a strange 9 pin video connector , looks like s-video

one , but with more holes . I found the s-video Y signal at the 1st of the 3 lower pin-holes ( i tried one-by-one , and pressed

"dettect displays" each time ) and the C signal , at the 2nd and 3rd . I did the old trick with a 470pf capacitor to adapt the

YC signal to composite . ( http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuit...deo2cvideo.html )

All worked like a charm . I can have only two desktops at the same time (VDI+DVI or VDI+TV-Out) ....

Thank you all ...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have a partial success with the natit_edited on a sapphire x1900xt.

Dual DVI, spanned screens. One 1280x1024 17" and a 1600x1200 24".

QE isn't running tho. Looking through my extensions folder I can't see ATIRadeon1x00.kext to edit with my ID.

Can anyone upload this file for me? Not sure if I deleted it at some point :-/ not sure why it's not there.

This works flawlessly for my ATI X1300 PCIe card. Thanks!!!!!!!!! :DActually, I should add that I cannot get video out of the digital (DVI) out, only analog. No big deal, the analog looks fantastic. Finally native resolution for my 19" widescreen monitor!For my ATI X1300 I just installed the "ATI Auto" kext file listed in the first post of this thread and rebooted. At first I thought I was screwed because I got a blank screen but soon realized the analog output of the card works fine. I had come close to giving up on ever seeing anything more than 1024x768... what a relief.

Ok so I managed to get a copy of the file the other day and I'm now 95% working.

QE shows as supported but anything full screen just leaves me with a white box, whether it be a full screen flash video or a screensaver.

Anyone else had this problem?

Hi,

i have an HP Compaq 6820s with ATI Mobility Radeon X1350.

I have tested everything and i can't get the resolution to change. Did anyone had any luck with x1350 ?

let me know what info you need from me so i can paste it here. there seem to be a lot of people that are not able to get x1350 working (which is in a lot of laptops btw..)

regards

• 4 weeks later...
This works flawlessly for my ATI X1300 PCIe card. Thanks!!!!!!!!! :DActually, I should add that I cannot get video out of the digital (DVI) out, only analog. No big deal, the analog looks fantastic. Finally native resolution for my 19" widescreen monitor!For my ATI X1300 I just installed the "ATI Auto" kext file listed in the first post of this thread and rebooted. At first I thought I was screwed because I got a blank screen but soon realized the analog output of the card works fine. I had come close to giving up on ever seeing anything more than 1024x768... what a relief.

Will this work with ati x1300 pcie 0x7187 ?

• 2 weeks later...

i know it was awhile since anyone has posted anything here but i was wondering ciber if you could help me with a bit of a bind im in? i have a dell demension 3000 and i just cant seem to get the graphics kext working. it says that it cant be used.... why do you think that is? it took me forever to find your auto file for the x1300 hundred and i would really like to get my screen to the optimal res... thanx!

Hi,

Thank you for some really brilliant work! We all appreciate it, and I hope that I can contribute with something in the future =)

Here's the deal:

I have a working system that I use mostly for audio work (migration from windoze), and I have two x1300 PCIe cards installed (One DVI and one VGA on each card). I can't seem to get more that one monitor working (I have only had this machine three days. first attempt).

You can see from the attached pictures that OSX finds both cards, but haven't initialized the display for the second one (one monitor connected on the DVI port). I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is I guess I have to edit one of the kexts or plist files, and this is where my knowledge lacks...

If you have a clue on how to make this work, I'm really thankful...

My setup:

iATKOS v2.01

Asus P5B deLuxe WiFi Ap

Intel Quad q6600 (no overclocking).

6GB Corsair XMS2 (2x2GB + 2x1GB) RAM

4 SATA HD

Samsung DVD Writer (SATA)

3 Samsung SyncMaster 940BW Displays (1440x900)

Thank you so much for your help!

post-254356-1216051718_thumb.jpg

post-254356-1216051733_thumb.jpg

Also, I'm in the process of reading through all the posts in this thread as we speak (I'm on page 15 of 20 at the moment), so if there's any help already posted I'm sure I'll find it, but if you have any experience with this card please let me know.

Btw, is there anyone in here at all?

Ok i have done a full search of the forum and found this post but i skimmed through most pages on this thread but after reading about 13 pages and noticing that it is 39 pages long i was all WTF haha... just a yes or no is really all im looking for i guess so here it goes:

Does the ATI_auto work with the HD series cards (ATI Sapphire HD 3650 to be exact)?

• 1 month later...