Open and renamme

Codec: Sigmatel STAC9872AK

Address: 0

Vendor Id : 0x83847661

Install it with AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16.zip

Reboot and enjoy

Work with a Sony Vaio FZ21E laptop

Hey guys,

I've tried downloading many different versions of the patcher, only to get kernel panics after I enter my password.

I'm running a Gateway MT6821 (Specs: http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2007/O...4127Rsp2.shtml)

with a SigmaTel 9250. I'm running the JaS 10.4.8 Intel DVD with Semthex(?) kernel.

(Now the weird thing is my System Profiler says Audio (Built In) > Intel High Definition Audio:

and then it's blank underneath.

So basically all I get is kernel panics and it has no chance to even attempt to patch the file.

I know this card has been working for others, I was just wondering if anyone could patch or upload their patched kext's for me?

I'd really appreciate it. :)

If it's any help, I can generate a linux dump from the Knoppix CD.

EDIT: I loaded the Linux CD and tried to grab the codec, but it gave me the following, which is my dial up modem thing. And the Linux could not play sound. I've come to the conclusion that this laptop hates my pathetic attempts at OSX86?

Codec: Motorola Si3054
Address: 1
Vendor Id: 0x10573057
Subsystem Id: 0x10001
Revision Id: 0x100100

Hello,

How do i find out wich driver i need...?

(Got a Asus P5Kc motherboard)

Greetings, and Thanks,

Spaantje

You need to find out what your sound card is.

If you're running XP or Vista, go to

Start Menu > Run > dxdiag > Display

And it should show the name of the card.

The alternate way is to go in through:

Start Menu > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Sounds... etc.

and look for an exact name.

Start Menu > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Sounds... etc.

Al i have there is 'Realtek High Definition Audio'

Edited by Taruga
I think it´s Realtek ALC883

Spaantje

I have a P5K mobo. The codec is ALC883. Everything works with Taruga's latest patcher plus the codec dump I made on Linux.

Spaantje

I have a P5K mobo. The codec is ALC883. Everything works with Taruga's latest patcher plus the codec dump I made on Linux.

I have tried that, but it did'nt work for me...

Maybe i did somthing wrong...?

Can someone tell me the right steps?

Thanks

I installed the beta4some861_880models.zip in an attempt to get my ALC880 working and it worked.. but when the volume is all the way up I hear extreme distortion and the volume is very low.

I can't figure out how to get rid of the cracking and get the volume to go higher. I also tried to install a modified Azalia audio kext I found on the forum and it worked without the distortion but it still had very low volume.

Can anyone help me?

I have tried that, but it did'nt work for me...

Maybe i did somthing wrong...?

Can someone tell me the right steps?

Thanks

First of all, you should really get a linux codec dump made on your System. do you know how?

Second of all, don't forget to erase appleazaliaaudio.kext from the extensions folder, or HDA audio won't work.

Thirdly, I just downloaded Taruga's latest patcher onto my 10.5.1 system and dragged the linux codec txt file onto the tortoise icon. Rebooted and that was it

I have a SigmaTel 9227 (DEVID:7618 VENID:8384). I downloaded the text file for it aswell as the patcher (i tried all versions). When i drag the text file to the patcher nothing happens. i am on 10.5.1 and i used iATKOsv1.0i for the install. how can i fix this?

any fix on shutdown problem when using this patch?

Edited by Taruga
The shutdown problem must be because of a bad AppleSMBIOS.kext. On my PC I don´t have shutdown/sleep or restart problems with the original AppleSMBIOS.kext but with the hacked ones I do.

I follow all the procedure and nothing works. :P

After I drag the codec_dump.txt to the applehda patcher, reboot my laptop, one time I have nothing on the system preference/sound, another time leopard requires me to restart or shut down all the time, even indeed I hold the power button to shut it down, and I have to reinstall leopard. Poor me...

I attach the codec_dump.txt for some white knight to give me a hand in this problem.

codec_dump.txt

First of all, you should really get a linux codec dump made on your System. do you know how?

Second of all, don't forget to erase appleazaliaaudio.kext from the extensions folder, or HDA audio won't work.

Thirdly, I just downloaded Taruga's latest patcher onto my 10.5.1 system and dragged the linux codec txt file onto the tortoise icon. Rebooted and that was it

Hey Thanks for the reaction.

I sad (2 post before yours) that i finnaly got i working...

So audio works. But i still got problems with my LAN..

I got this codec dump from a working Ubuntu installation. After Ubuntu

installation I had the same problem as on a Mac - I heard the sound only thru

headphones. But I found how to fix it - I've added this line to the ALSA driver

configuration (/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base):

options snd-hda-intel model=3stack

Now the speakers work perfectly! And when I plugged-in my headphones,

speakers are mute! So I dumped the codec entries from /proc/asound/card0/codec#0

(it is attached to this mail). And tihs codec file is much different from the

one I got before applying this options line, so it got to be working!

I tried it with AppleHDA.patcher 1.16, but there's no change, still I hear

the sound only via headphones:( I will try 1.17 later, but I'm not sure if it's

gonna work... Maybe the patcher does not set all the

parameters form the codec file correctly??

Please help me with that.

P.S. I got Dell Vostro 1400 laptop (Sigmatel 9228 audio codec)

Thanx for your skills, time and testing on this one. I´ve uploaded a new version, it should now show the correct pin names.

Thanx for your skills, time and testing on this one. I´ve uploaded a new version, it should now show the correct pin names.

By new version, do you mean the codec.txt file or patcher version? Will the newly uploaded codec file correctly identify pins w/ the v1.16 patcher? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Edited by Taruga
I mean , the stac9228 kext !

I tried this new 9228 file and I now got both internal speaker working and I can choose headphones on my dell xps m1330, even the mic is working. :) But it is not able to detect that I plugged in the headphones. But that is minor. I want to make a codecdump for my laptop, but then I need to install linux as it is not so easy to add option to the driver on the live cd :/ ...

Taruga I own you a beer or any drink you like, it worked Finally Sound from speakers WOW.

THANK YOU