AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Hi,

tested the two new ALC268 installers from the first page without success.

Still no Audio on Acer Travelmate 5720G running kalyway 10.5.1. My results are here.

Thanks,

--LowTech

have you tried with the diego giovany's fix?

i Taruga. i've tried with the AppleHDA.kext for alc 861 in os x86 10.4.10 with kernel 8.10.1, codec subsystem id is 0x15840000, i load the driver but i don't have sound, audio menu bar works and the sound's preferences show me two outputs device but i don't have sound :s

Here attach my IOREG and linux codec dump

Thanks for your help... Gracias

IOREG_alc861.txt

alc861.txt

Hey Taruga,

Any chance the v2 will allow leopard to shutdown the laptop (the old one let the os shutdown but kept the laptop from doing it)? And what about muting internal speakers when using line out (important when using computer in a coffee shop :thumbsup_anim:)

Thanks for all the work!!!

Hey, i have a lenovo 3000 N100 and i just got the sound working with madtux's kext, but i do not have any volume control. are there any updated kexts for this? i believe my laptop has the ALC 861 codec but none of the ones listed on this page work. i would be happy to test anything also.

the kext that got anything out of my laptop can be found here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=63957

i can mute the sound however, and change mic volume.

i Taruga. i've tried with the AppleHDA.kext for alc 861 in os x86 10.4.10 with kernel 8.10.1, codec subsystem id is 0x15840000, i load the driver but i don't have sound, audio menu bar works and the sound's preferences show me two outputs device but i don't have sound :s

Here attach my IOREG and linux codec dump

Thanks for your help... Gracias

Exactly the same problem with me.

Sound Card Model: ALC861

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0861

Subsystem Id: 0x15840000

Same Linux dump

Airis n1212 = Uniwill x20II - 12.1" - Intel core 2 duo T7200 2Ghz - 2Go ram

ALC861 - iMic (temporarily I hope) - Marvell Yukon 88E8053 - Intel 3945 a/b/g - Linksys WUSB54GC (temporarily I hope)

JaS 10.4.8 / JaS 10.4.9 combo update / Netkas 10.4.10 update / custom 10.4.11 update (8.10.1 kernel) / pc_efi_v8 / stock MacOSXUpdCombo10.4.11Intel including 8.11.1 kernel

Firstly,

Thanx TARUGA for your efforts, as most here would deaf to the world of Mac without you...LOL

anyway for those that have an alc260... Attached is the codec dump from Ubantu...

I seem to get digital out(optical light is on but havent tested)

and Line out (from headphone socket)

However the sound out of the the socket is so low that some might think there is no sound at all...

It is there if you put headphones on and use say submarine sound at full volume...

I have also sent an email as per the first post request with the vendor id as the subject..:)

maybe some of the alc260 users could test this dump with v1.20 of appleahda and see if they get further than me...

Thanx again TARUGA for you efforts..

Paul (kadmiff)

alc260.txt

do you know if there's one for audio output on conexant? or it's OK to try the ALCxxxs?

thanks!

Firstly,

Thanx TARUGA for your efforts, as most here would deaf to the world of Mac without you...LOL

anyway for those that have an alc260... Attached is the codec dump from Ubantu...

I seem to get digital out(optical light is on but havent tested)

and Line out (from headphone socket)

However the sound out of the the socket is so low that some might think there is no sound at all...

It is there if you put headphones on and use say submarine sound at full volume...

I have also sent an email as per the first post request with the vendor id as the subject..-_-

maybe some of the alc260 users could test this dump with v1.20 of appleahda and see if they get further than me...

Thanx again TARUGA for you efforts..

Paul (kadmiff)

Recently installed Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 (with Kernel Darwin 9.1.0) on IBM Thinkpad T60

Motherboard chipset: Intel Calistoga i945 GM/PM

There is no audio output or input to choose from.

System Profiler says my audio is 'Intel High Defn Audio' Device ID: 0x17AA2010

Any Suggestions to which installer or program to use? Please respond here or by PM...thanks a million.

BTW, not looking for any 5.1 or anything....i just want your basic 2 channel or headset output.

Thanks!!!

Holy Moses! It worked.....thanks to the smart mo fo's in this forum, i was given the information to install the AzaliaAudo.pkg and it worked!! I now have audio from the internal speakers AND the headphones!

check my previous reply to see my specs....look up 2 slots!

BTW, i tried the 2 installers (ALC268 Installer 1 and 2) and ALC882_AppleHDA_v0.4b.mpkg with no success!!!

Hope this helps someone!!

I tried dumping AD1986a.txt (downloaded from http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/) codec by drag and drop over AppleHDAPatcher v 1.20 and the result was the one from the pic ... which was very strange considering that my audio chipset is AD1986a with vendor id 11d4 and device id 1986 (subsystem id 1043818f reported by dxdiag in win and 10431443 from AD1986a.txt ... I tried to modify in AD1986a.txt subsystem id with the one from dxdiag ... same error, but now the subsystem id was the good one)

dxdiag:

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: SoundMAX HD Audio O

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1986&SUBSYS_1043818F&REV_1005

Manufacturer ID: 65535

Product ID: 65535

Type: WDM

Driver Name: ADIHdAud.sys

Driver Version: 5.10.0001.4151 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

Date and Size: 10/5/2005 11:21:10, 141312 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: AnalogDevices

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0x0

Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: Yes

EAX™ 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2™ Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

Sensaura™ ZoomFX™: Yes

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: All tests were successful.

is AD1986a or something else ? .... maybe I'm trying a bad driver ... ? ... I think not ..

I attached ioreg file ad1986ioreg.txt

post-140616-1200427205_thumb.png

ad1986ioreg.txt

Can someone help me find out what version sigmatel sound card i have...I have a dell xps m1210...when i look for it in device drivers its just says SigmaTel High Definition Audio...i dont know the model number....also does someone have step by step instructions for patching sound with the AppleHDA patcher...i have iATKOS v1.0i installed...thanks

Can someone help me find out what version sigmatel sound card i have...I have a dell xps m1210...when i look for it in device drivers its just says SigmaTel High Definition Audio...i dont know the model number....also does someone have step by step instructions for patching sound with the AppleHDA patcher...i have iATKOS v1.0i installed...thanks

go to http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...10/en/index.htm and at the bottom of the page you will be able to download Owner's Manual (or just open Owner's Manual shipped with your dell and read "Specifications" chapter). At the page 166 you will se that the chipset is Sigmatel STAC9220 Codec.

simple ....

hi, im a complete MAC noob and have no idea how to work terminal, and i have no sound, i have tried to follow some guides btu they are all completely different, so if someone could please just give me a quick step by step set up to get my Asus P5GD1-VM motherboards sound to work, you would be my eternal hero. :-) email at hendrix1653@aol.com

This is A "FYI" Not ment to pressure anybody. I'm having the same problem as a few of the others using a Sony Vaio VGN-N11M with the following specs on OS 10.4.8

Realtek ALC262

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0262

Subsystem Id: 0x104d1600

I tried all the ALC drivers as well as the alc262testing driver and the results are listed below.

AzaliaAudio.pkg

speakers.........Yes

headphone..... No

Input............. No

All the ALC262.txt files i found

speakers.........Yes

headphone......Yes

Input............. No

Taruga's alc262testing.zip

speakers.........appear to be on but no sound

headphone..... appear to be on but no sound

Input............. Yes

I included a list of every 262 dump I found (all of which allowed for my system speakers and headphone jack to work) in the hopes that maybe I could help some other poor sap out. Check the last three digits of your vendor and Subsystem id for ideal compatibility.

Example: since my Vendor Id is 0x10ec0262 & Subsystem Id is 0x104d1600 the correct file for me (if it existed) would be called ALC262_600.txt

All were installed using Taruga's AppleHDAPatcherv1.20. Just drag & drop the files into the patcher to install them.

Ps. I found "ALC262_F00" sounds much better than the others. So much better that id rather have sound like this than a Mic if i end up having to make that choice.

ALC262_400.txt

ALC262_508.txt

ALC262_580.txt

ALC262_800.txt

ALC262_F00.txt

post-134065-1200553671_thumb.jpg

post-134065-1200553674_thumb.jpg

I have a sigmatel 9220 and got the codec dump from another person (CS_Productions) who was so kind to create an archive with everything you need.

The already patch AppleHDA.kext is also included. But I dont have an idea what to do with it.

When I follow the instructions and start the AppleHDAPatcher 1.1.6 I have an icon in the OSX bar. I drag the textfile (in my case STAC9221D.TXT) onto the icon and nothing happens. An Apple HDA Device exists in the sound configuration. I am using iATKOS...

Missed I something? Can somebody explain me how to work with Apple HDA Patcher. Tried the 1.1.8 too with the same results...

Holger

I have a sigmatel 9220 and got the codec dump from another person (CS_Productions) who was so kind to create an archive with everything you need.

The already patch AppleHDA.kext is also included. But I dont have an idea what to do with it.

When I follow the instructions and start the AppleHDAPatcher 1.1.6 I have an icon in the OSX bar. I drag the textfile (in my case STAC9221D.TXT) onto the icon and nothing happens. An Apple HDA Device exists in the sound configuration. I am using iATKOS...

Missed I something? Can somebody explain me how to work with Apple HDA Patcher. Tried the 1.1.8 too with the same results...

Holger

Maybe the dump is screwed up or the patcher you're using is {censored}. its a very simple procedure. you just drag & drop the .txt file onto the patcher icon and it starts to work. it takes about 8 seconds and tells you when its done. If not try the latest patcher. I tried an older one first and it did not work for me. also you can post your hex dump and ill take a look at it to make sure its formatted correctly.