[QUESTION] Intel HD 530 High Sierra support

pepitillo

24 posts in this topic

Hello there, I know that is too early to ask this, but I wonder if someone has the HD530 working under HighSierra.

I have a kernel panic when booting with latest Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixUp, with beta flags, and using the same config working under Sierra.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there, I know that is too early to ask this, but I wonder if someone has the HD530 working under HighSierra.

I have a kernel panic when booting with latest Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixUp, with beta flags, and using the same config working under Sierra.

Thanks

It works without lilu & igfx. See my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to test my HD530 on my Skylake build for the first time but i cannot boot into macOS, yes my Nvidia card was still installed and i believe thats the culprit.

on macOS Sierra the HD530 and nVidia can work together but I never could get those to work in High Sierra.

on macOS Sierra the HD530 and nVidia can work together but I never could get those to work in High Sierra.

Strange. I tried in Sierra and with iGPU as primary in bios it won't boot.

What patches etc do I need?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Strange. I tried in Sierra and with iGPU as primary in bios it won't boot.

What patches etc do I need?

change GFX0 to IGPU and change HECI to IMEI and also inject intel = true with the 0x19120000 ig-platfrom-id

change GFX0 to IGPU and change HECI to IMEI and also inject intel = true with the 0x19120000 ig-platfrom-id

Ok I'll give that a try soon. It so t effect the Nvidia card yeah? Can leave webdrivers enabled?

Ok I'll give that a try soon. It so t effect the Nvidia card yeah? Can leave webdrivers enabled?

Yes leave all the nVidia related setting as if it's the only card that you are using.

Let me know how it goes. In the meanwhile I'll search for my working config for Intel and nVidia and I will send it to you.

Don't forget the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Yes leave all the nVidia related setting as if it's the only card that you are using.

Let me know how it goes. In the meanwhile I'll search for my working config for Intel and nVidia and I will send it to you.

Don't forget the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Those additions above resulted in a kernel panic.

post-1083558-0-54190200-1500792227_thumb.jpg

I can boot normally with this config. Although I have no display on the TV that is connected to my intel gpu but no KP here.

I have another file which has output ok on the tv but I haven't found it yet.

Kernel panic with 96 and 128.

I found it I have 3 displays working with this EFI folder.

config.plist.zip

nVidia and HD530 working on macOS Sierra Z170X-Gaming 5.zip

I can boot normally with this config. Although I have no display on the TV that is connected to my intel gpu but no KP here.

I have another file which has output ok on the tv but I haven't found it yet.

I found it I have 3 displays working with this EFI folder.

With the first one I got kp still not tested new ones yet, it's not a big deal as I have the Nvidia card but would always be nice to know if the Nvidia card ever fails I've got a fall back.

With the first one I got kp still not tested new ones yet, it's not a big deal as I have the Nvidia card but would always be nice to know if the Nvidia card ever fails I've got a fall back.

Well both of them work on my end. I'm not sure why you get the KP. but if it works on my setup it should have work on yours as well because we almost have the same setup.

BUT as I mentioned before it's not working with High Sierra and I haven't started to use High Sierra on my SkyLake yet so maybe later I'll give it another try and see if I can find a way to get them to work together.

Let me know how the EFI folder worked out if you tested it.

Well both of them work on my end. I'm not sure why you get the KP. but if it works on my setup it should have work on yours as well because we almost have the same setup.

BUT as I mentioned before it's not working with High Sierra and I haven't started to use High Sierra on my SkyLake yet so maybe later I'll give it another try and see if I can find a way to get them to work together.

Let me know how the EFI folder worked out if you tested it.

I didn't use your efi folder just the config.plist details. Even with that I still get kp. I'll attach my config.plist soon (feeding son).

config.plist.zip

I didn't use your efi folder just the config.plist details. Even with that I still get kp. I'll attach my config.plist soon (feeding son).

Oh, my goodness :)

Oki doki, I have to go out of several hours and we will continue troubleshooting the issue when I get back.

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Sorry totally forgot about posting the results. I tried your config.plist no KP but macOS High Sierra can't boot it hangs on AppleACPICPU.kext kext stall error or sth like that.