Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

That means current Nvidia Web Driver is not optimized yet for your GTX-1080Ti which should perform better than my GTX-980 or GTX-680 at the same OS.

By the way native Nvidia Driver in 10.13 beta 2 had been optimized for GTX-680 in which Cinebench R15 got significant improvement of performance now !

i'm not sure if you saw but my rig is running ryzen! i think that's the issue... i saw a guy with his intel and 1080ti getting 100+fps on his hackintosh.... ran my gtx 1080 on my bros intel pc and it ran good (i loaded mac os from a usb so maybe it could have gone faster ). i also tried my gtx 970 on my ryzen build same performance as my gtx 1080ti

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324392-ryzen-clover-installation-guide-macos-sierra/page-13

https://youtu.be/jbUfuTgHY08

https://youtu.be/BOZiyic_X3Q

i'm not sure if you saw but my rig is running ryzen! i think that's the issue... i saw a guy with his intel and 1080ti getting 100+fps on his hackintosh.... ran my gtx 1080 on my bros intel pc and it ran good (i loaded mac os from a usb so maybe it could have gone faster ). i also tried my gtx 970 on my ryzen build same performance as my gtx 1080ti

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324392-ryzen-clover-installation-guide-macos-sierra/page-13

All my GTX-980, GTX-780 and GTX-680 performed poorly in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh (about half score values of Z87 or Z97 Intel hackintoshs).

For example at 10.12.5 my GTX-680 got compatible high score as GTX-980 in Z87 hackintosh (CPU: 3.5 GHz), but in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh (CPU: 3.8 GHz) got 40~50 % values only.

Using optimized Nvidia Web Driver GTX-680 got a little higher score than native OS X driver at 10.12.5.

Only AMD 7950, 6870, or 5770 performed much better in my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh ( no significant difference from Windows 10 Pro).

post-70188-0-02507600-1498354439_thumb.png

post-70188-0-30241000-1498354966_thumb.png

Try to read from this place:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-06052017/?do=findComment&comment=2437874

In few word I have patched nvidiaweb kext with Nvidia Updater driver fix app then apply old applegraphics device policy on new 10.13 (1/2) because I use MacPro6.1 SMbios in my rig and without patching policy I have a black screen

and you have full acceleration?

and you have full acceleration?

i doubt it i've i've been trying to solve the issue for the last couple days no luck. i've noticed everyone with a ryzen build is experiencing some throttle on their graphics cards like my gtx 1080ti. i also tested a 970 and both cards get from 45-50 fps on cinebench and crash on open gl test. i tested these two cards on a intel machine and no issues at all. so i bought a r9 270x and put it on my ryzen build and i get full acceleration! so i'm thinking it's the web drivers....

Yes. We need new web drivers for full GUI acceleration and to get those fancy transparency effects.

as far as I know also, there a lot of things in the new driver that must change to let it work, so not an easy task for Nvidia, we will still need to wait, I think at least to the end of this month or for the next one to have a driver release

• Like 1

Thank you I had lost that j! :-)

how did you managed to get it running?

I tried changing the info.plist in the same way (17A291m instead of 17A291j) and it gets stuck on Apple logo with half bar filled when I enable Nvidia.

guys if you still having trouble doing the update, just remember that, it creates an installer on the boot volume, so you have to boot that from clover if you want to update

:worried_anim:

The thing I do not understand during the GFX Metal or GFX OpenGL test, they are very good but in other test they are very bad

Metal T-Rex = 120 fps (6700 frames)

OpenGL T-Rex = 60 fps 

cinebench15= 36 fps ! 

:frantics:

i think that the patched kernel still is efficient enough and maybe some of needed kexts slows down the system, or the ryzen platform being weak using nvidia gpus, but to be sure that is not an issue of the nvidia gpus or the web driver being not optimized for that architecture, try also some amd gpus

i think that the patched kernel still is efficient enough and maybe some of needed kexts slows down the system, or the ryzen platform being weak using nvidia gpus, but to be sure that is not an issue of the nvidia gpus or the web driver being not optimized for that architecture, try also some amd gpus

Yes, I noticed that with a nV GPU, the CPU perfs were worse than with an AMD GPU as if the web drivers bridged the entire platform
That said, I never exceeded the 60 fps with a GTX 950 and an i7 3930K

hey guys,

I installed the patched installer on my clean high Sierra installation but I got this error. tried with nv_web enabled and disabled, system informations says "Display 7MB". card is an GTX 1060.

any help? :(

post-501737-0-30606000-1499123718_thumb.png

thanks!

yes, i used the nvidia web driver updater and patched it wirh 17A, now the nvidia app says that the web driver is loaded but there is no resolution and system information says now "Nvidia Card 7MB". Clover is setup to enable the nvidia webdriver.

I copied the AppleGraphicsControl.kext uploaded by @fabiosun at page 1 to my /Library/Extensions.

System Profiler --> Extensions says that the Webdriver.kext is not loaded because of wrong rights.. any idea?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

nvidia web drivers with that technique il still not work for anyone, we have to wait for a new driver release for high sierra, to achieve that scope, i think that the best way is to do pressure on nvidia, like the community did with pascal drivers

This time we know for sure that Nvidia is committed towards Pascal drivers for High Sierra. 

Why? You ask....

1. Nvidia was committed to macOS driver development as per Nvidia's official statement.

2. Nvidia wants iMac and MBP users to buy their eGPU via USB-C Thunderbolt solution.

3. Apple themselves have put a strong emphasis on eGPUs during WWDC High Sierra presentation.

Apple knows that their punny little good for nothing AMD mobile GPUs are worthless for VR and 4K gaming on their iMacs and MBPs. Hence the push towards eGPUs via USB-C Thunderbolt.

So logically, Pascal drivers for High Sierra are coming. Maybe Nvidia needs time to fix their already half baked drivers to boot High Sierra at a minimum. Forget about the optimizations. High Sierra has number of API changes, Metal2 for GUI acceleration and some undocumented stuff. So let's give Nvidia some slack so that we get some nice crashy and unoptimized trashy drivers soon.

• Like 1

Maybe You did some error

try to patch with all number and letter 17Axxxxx

i just did this, and now i got a black screen but withour reboot. i deleted the AppleGraphicsControl.kext, used yours from page1 and repaired permissions. Now in system profiler --> extensions the nv driver and the applegrphicscontrol are loaded but nothing changed. I only can boot with nv_web=0 put with poor graphics.

maybe theres a difference between the gtx1060 and your gtx1080ti. i will try to use lilubeta and the nvidia blackscreen fix that i used in sierra when i'm back home.

I'm using an iMac17,1 for my Skylake i7-6700. I tried using lilu and the nvidiagraphics fix but it doesnt work :(

Try booting with -v and look for errors. I'm thinking you might be suffering from the same error I am with High Sierra complaining about a malformed table in GeForceWeb.kext.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want

put this in L/E

rebuild permissions if needed

you have also to have enabled nvidiaweb in clover

@PMHeart

If you want I will delete this kext from message..it was a private help from you! thank you again

thx, but it doesnt wortk for me. do i have to rename it to another name or just leave it like dummyapple...kext?

i put it in /L/E like you said, NOT to /S/L/E

what chmod number is the right for repairing the permissons?

My SystemProfiler says that all the DummyAppleGraphicsDevicePolicy, AppleGraphicsControl and AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy couldn't be loaded... I added screenshots.

post-501737-0-39019400-1499172227_thumb.png

post-501737-0-90017100-1499172232_thumb.png

post-501737-0-51253400-1499172240_thumb.png

can you upload the vanilla version of applegraphicscontrol? i just overwrited it :/

i also use an old hfs+ partition

EDIT: repaired permissions wirh kext wizard doesnt change anything

• Like 1

Hi ,

Any tips on how to get the NVIDIA 960 working properly in OSX 10.13? Is there a fake kext I can drop in for the 960? Appreciate your help in advance!

Thanks!!

there isn't nothing right now, patched sierra divers only partially works, to really make web drivers only gpus to work we have to wait for an official web driver release for high sierra beta