Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, x3LPh0r said:

Anyone get this working on this build, or sit on your hands and wait....?

crop.png

It looks like you Upgraded to 17G4015 too soon.  387.10.10.10.40.108 ONLY works with the prior 2018-002 Security Update for High Sierra.  NVIDIA has NOT yet released proper/new Drivers for 17G4015.  I recommend rolling back to the prior 10.13.6 with Security Update 2018-002 for your NVIDIA Drivers to start working again.

Give it another 3-4 Days and THEN check to see if NVIDIA has released a newer Driver for the 2018-003 Security Update.  WHEN that happens, THEN you can Upgrade the OS to 2018-003, 17G4015 Version of High Sierra.

4 hours ago, camillionario said:

I can confirm Driver 108 works with security update 2018-003

2075709265_Capturadepantalla2018-12-06alas21_13_36.png.298fcfc90bf224b1e34033cfe155aad2.png

It may give Graphic Acceleration, and allow proper recognition and full recognition of VRAM and Card Model; BUT, does OpenCL work for Number Crunching???

Does the current CUDA Driver recognize 387.10.10.15.15.108 as the most recent and up to date Driver for Number Crunching???

I'll choose to wait for the new Driver release from NVIDIA that is specifically for 10.13.6 Security Update 003.

11 hours ago, TimeLord04 said:

Puede otorgar aceleración gráfica y permitir el reconocimiento adecuado y el reconocimiento completo de VRAM y el modelo de tarjeta; PERO, ¿funciona OpenCL para Number Crunching?

¿Reconoce el controlador actual de CUDA 387.10.10.15.15.108 como el controlador más reciente y actualizado para el procesamiento de números?

Elegiré esperar la nueva versión del controlador de NVIDIA que es específicamente para la Actualización de seguridad 00.13.6 003.

1984733026_Capturadepantalla2018-12-07alas13_25_47.png.524a897d067058b781e0ccf905e01848.png

Cuda I do not use it, so I do not know.

15 hours ago, flowrider said:

^^^^Go ahead and wait?  Just posted to let folks know, not trying to start an argument here!  The answer to both your questions is YES!

Lou

I'm NOT trying to start an argument, either...  I just have specific Number Crunching needs using NVIDIA CUDA.  I specifically run BOINC, (Berkeley Open Infrastructure Network(ed) Computing), App which runs Scientific Program Applications like SETI@Home, and Einstein@Home.

As long as it's confirmed that 387.10.10.15.15.108 DOES in fact work with NVIDIA CUDA Driver, then I can make use of it.  Otherwise I MUST wait for the Official Driver Release for Security Update 2018-003.

Edited by TimeLord04

1 hour ago, flowrider said:

^^^^Cuda 410.130 is recognized and does indeed work with the old 108 driver and HS Security Update 003.

Lou

Thanks, Lou.  :-)

4 hours ago, flowrider said:

And now the Official Web Driver for Security Update 003 has now been released:

https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/387/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.113.pkg

However, I'm stickin' with the old 108 driver!

Lou

9:57 PM - PST

Just finished Updating to Sec Update 2018-003, and letting NVIDIA Control Panel pickup 387.10.10.10.40.113 on the Restart.  Installed ...113, Restarted Computer, Resumed BOINC and all is well.  :-)

Hi guys, I've a Big problem,

I've recently bought an Aourus 1080ti for my Mac Pro mid 2010 with High Sierra 10.13.6

So when I installed all the drivers ecc.. I proceed to put the GPU into the machine and... Black screen at the start up and nothing else 

Black Screen in Every Boot or After Restart the Mac 

I do not know if the problem could come from power supply or just incompatibility

I'm so frustrated because I'm trying by 2 month and I need to find a stable solution 

Can you help me to find a solution?

Thank you Nick 

Edited by Nick_Nick

On 12/12/2018 at 8:21 PM, Nick_Nick said:

Hi guys, I've a Big problem,

I've recently bought an Aourus 1080ti for my Mac Pro mid 2010 with High Sierra 10.13.6

So when I installed all the drivers ecc.. I proceed to put the GPU into the machine and... Black screen at the start up and nothing else 

Black Screen in Every Boot or After Restart the Mac 

I do not know if the problem could come from power supply or just incompatibility

I'm so frustrated because I'm trying by 2 month and I need to find a stable solution 

Can you help me to find a solution?

Thank you Nick 

try in bios: disable onboard and boot with your GPU as primary, then install drivers if appropriate.

Edited by camillionario

1 hour ago, camillionario said:

try in bios: disable onboard and boot with your GPU as primary, then install drivers if appropriate.

I think he's talking about the lack of the Apple Boot Screen...  This is now "Normal" for Non-Flashed, (off the shelf), PC GPUs.  If he really wants the Apple Boot Screen with Progress Bar, he's going to have to pay to have the card Flashed.  I recommend MacVidCards.com for this.  He needs to make sure, though, that his GPU matches the "...number of ports...." available on one of the Official MacVidCards' 1080TI GPUs they offer.

Apple stopped showing Boot Screens on PC Cards in Sierra and forward.  :-(

• Like 1

Hello,

I installed the driver for my High Sierra 10.13.6 --> Reboot -->  I activate it on System Preferences -->  reboot

and then I check it on system preferences and I still off.  Also, there is no graphics drivers installed. Everything its blinking... 

What I should do ? Any ideas? 

No graphics detected:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc3c70syvowov8e/No graphics.png?dl=0

System preferences--> Nvidia: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ug9b94fg8be3xxp/Nvidia web drivers.png?dl=0

My config it's:

Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Intel Core i7-7700k 4.2GHz

Edited by Aghnaya

3 hours ago, Aghnaya said:

Every time I select them, Mac ask for reboot.  I reboot and then it's appear like the image. ( with default activated)    :/ 

Usually this means you don't have working NVRAM.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aghnaya said:

Every time I select them, Mac ask for reboot.  I reboot and then it's appear like the image. ( with default activated)    :/ 

have you in config.plist nvidiaweb system parameter flagged?

also you can force nv_drv flag (obsolete but in same case useful)

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 7.53.30 PM.png

Edited by Guest
grammar

• 2 weeks later...

Running 10.13.6 (17G4015) on a 2009 Mac Pro 5,1 with security update 3

Trying to install web drivers for a GTX 970, the most recent web drivers and every time I get stuck in a boot loop and have to reset the PRAM to get back to the desktop. Any advice?