[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

Any way i could get some of your MaLdOn DSDT magic??? It would be much appreciated :)

Hey

What hardware?

Any way i could get some of your MaLdOn DSDT magic??? It would be much appreciated :)

Serie 9 :D

Check, full folder clover for sierra or high sierra

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

dont need ssdt

dont need plug in type

send me new ioreg with new files

So far everything is working like a dream! Amazing work! And so fast.. Idk how you do it lol. How did you get power management to work without clover ssdt/generate/plugintype? oh yeah.. Heres my new logs..

Paul’s iMac.ioreg.zip

bootlog.log.txt.zip

Send me Paul’s iMac.zip

• Like 1

So far everything is working like a dream! Amazing work! And so fast.. Idk how you do it lol. How did you get power management to work without clover ssdt/generate/plugintype? oh yeah.. Heres my new logs..

-LPC load

01.png

-Plugin Type

02.png

03.png

-Lmu

04.png

-Ec

05.png

-Full Sbus

06.png

and many many others, like one real iMac, essentials and cosmetics patches

Check cosmetics in AboutThisMac/Pci

• Like 1

Nice!

Enjoy!

Only difference ive noticed is i cant wake from USB anymore. "keyboard or mouse".  I have to wake using the power button on my case. Wakes up normal and all USB ports and drives are accounted for. No biggie. I can totally live with it lol. Just giving you a report. Again.. Thank you MaLd0n!

• Like 1

Yes, i kill wake from USBs to avoid problem, but if u can i add again for ur test ;)

Here

attachicon.gifDSDT._PRW.zip

usb stick eject after sleep?

Excellent! Works flawless now. System now wakes with keyboard or mouse. Also USB ejects but remounts seconds after wake. Also general fluidity of the system is just better. Thank you! 

• Like 1

i like a full solution in DSDT ;) best way for me

Welcome!

Enjoy!

Hi again MaLd0n, I hope this is the last time I'm boring you :) 

Anyway, do you remember when I've said that I successfully installed Sierra on my system but the usb 2.0 ports was not working due to the recently changing of usb driver made by Apple on OSX 10.11 and later . I made it work by putting the patched DSDT that you've made for Yosemite, and now all the usb ports work even on Sierra  :yes: . It's awesome.

But now I would know. Does this patched DSDT that was created for Yosemite is 100 % compatible with Sierra ? I mean, could it for create problems, idk, like system instability or slow it down? 

Thanks you as always and wishing you a happy new 2018 

• Like 1

Have you tried and DSDT creation on AMD Hacks? Ive also got an AMD machine running 10.13.2. and im sure it could use some MaLd0n Magic :) Either way all your help has been MUCH appreciated  :thumbsup_anim:

AMD don't have native support, no Power Management, etc, don't need patches, the mod kernel and kext do the work ;)

Hi again MaLd0n, I hope this is the last time I'm boring you :)

Anyway, do you remember when I've said that I successfully installed Sierra on my system but the usb 2.0 ports was not working due to the recently changing of usb driver made by Apple on OSX 10.11 and later . I made it work by putting the patched DSDT that you've made for Yosemite, and now all the usb ports work even on Sierra  :yes: . It's awesome.

But now I would know. Does this patched DSDT that was created for Yosemite is 100 % compatible with Sierra ? I mean, could it for create problems, idk, like system instability or slow it down? 

Thanks you as always and wishing you a happy new 2018 

DSDT work in all system, just need a support

In El Capo, Sierra e High Sierra u need a a kext like a UsbInjectAll

in High Sierra and Sierra last version, i use just Limit Port now, USB work good, i dont need more injectors, but some ppl report problems with HDD External USB3, in case use USBInjectAll and device renamed to EH01, EH02, XHC

• Like 2

AMD don't have native support, no Power Management, etc, don't need patches, the mod kernel and kext do the work ;)

DSDT work in all system, just need a support

In El Capo, Sierra e High Sierra u need a a kext like a UsbInjectAll

in High Sierra and Sierra last version, i use just Limit Port now, USB work good, i dont need more injectors, but some ppl report problems with HDD External USB3, in case use USBInjectAll and device renamed to EH01, EH02, XHC

Before trying with the DSDT, I've tried with USBInjectAll and renaming EH1 to EH01 procedure as well, but they didn't worked. Then I've decide to try with DSDT as last chance and it worked like a charm. :)

Just have the impression that the system is a bit slower and laggy as it was before using the DSDT. Is it possible?

Thanks you 

Before trying with the DSDT, I've tried with USBInjectAll and renaming EH1 to EH01 procedure as well, but they didn't worked. Then I've decide to try with DSDT as last chance and it worked like a charm. :)

Just have the impression that the system is a bit slower and laggy as it was before using the DSDT. Is it possible?

Thanks you

U have a native PM work good?

Take a test, use NullCpuPowerManagement.kext and check if system work very good, if yes, ur problem is a nativePM, dont work good, the kext work very good, but disable PM, turbo boost dont work too.

Rum GeekBench with and without NullCpuPM kext

Let me know

U have a native PM work good?

Take a test, use NullCpuPowerManagement.kext and check if system work very good, if yes, ur problem is a nativePM, dont work good, the kext work very good, but disable PM, turbo boost dont work too.

Rum GeekBench with and without NullCpuPM kext

Let me know

Yes, with NullCpu kext the system seems to work pretty well, it work such as without the kext. With the kext or without the system performance seems to be the same, or at least if there are any difference they can't be recognized during normal use of the system. How you said with NullCPU the speedstep doesn't work. While without it, the speedstep work but the turbo boost seems to not work, because in Intel Power Gadget the maximum frequency pike is 3.7 GHz even when the system is stressed, like during benchmark(I use Ungine Heaven generally).

Here are the geekbench results without the NullCPU: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/6016072

And here with the NullCPU: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/6016752

I think the difference between the two circumstances are not huge, what do you say?

There are other ways to test the NativePM?

Thanks you

• Like 1

use last version and acpi6.1

I’ll upload tomorrow a new ioreg file since I’m able to connect 2 USB 3.0 external drives but a third drive that I have in an USB 3 enclosure is being shown as a USB 2.0 drive.

• Like 1

Yes, with NullCpu kext the system seems to work pretty well, it work such as without the kext. With the kext or without the system performance seems to be the same, or at least if there are any difference they can't be recognized during normal use of the system. How you said with NullCPU the speedstep doesn't work. While without it, the speedstep work but the turbo boost seems to not work, because in Intel Power Gadget the maximum frequency pike is 3.7 GHz even when the system is stressed, like during benchmark(I use Ungine Heaven generally).

Here are the geekbench results without the NullCPU: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/6016072

And here with the NullCPU: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/6016752

I think the difference between the two circumstances are not huge, what do you say?

There are other ways to test the NativePM?

Thanks you

try with a Piker kext

put kext and .command in desktop and run .command, after type in terminal some times

sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

I’ll upload tomorrow a new ioreg file since I’m able to connect 2 USB 3.0 external drives but a third drive that I have in an USB 3 enclosure is being shown as a USB 2.0 drive.

put it in Clover/Other/Kexts

USBInjectAll.kext.zip

AppleIntelInfo.zip

• Like 1

Happy New Year!
Sorry for bad english (translate with google translator) I'm from Ukraine

I ask for help. A computer was assembled for work. But it does not work stably. In the Cinema 4 and Oktan. Reboots arbitrarily without errors. Now it's 10.12.6, but it will need to be updated to 10.13.2.

my configuration
motherboard rampage 5 (modified bios 3701)
processor 5960x
memory 64gb dd4 3000
two video cards GTX1080 ti

Hope only for you MaLd0n

CLOVER 2.zip

Send me Lekh.zip

• Like 1

Happy New Year!
Sorry for bad english (translate with google translator) I'm from Ukraine

I ask for help. A computer was assembled for work. But it does not work stably. In the Cinema 4 and Oktan. Reboots arbitrarily without errors. Now it's 10.12.6, but it will need to be updated to 10.13.2.

my configuration
motherboard rampage 5 (modified bios 3701)
processor 5960x
memory 64gb dd4 3000
two video cards GTX1080 ti

Hope only for you MaLd0n

extract original DSDT with F4 key in Clover Boot Screen, send me one ioreg too, check first post

• Like 1

for High Sierra

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

check Processor patches for High Sierra, u can check here, Kernel and Kext Patches/KernelToPatch

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Clover 4063  loaded    sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode = 0
Upgrade to 10.13.2 stops kextd stall [0], AppleACPICPU

Clover 4359 . there is no update, and there is no download. stops .  [ PCI configuration begin ]

post-1384533-0-24424600-1514914472_thumb.png

post-1384533-0-69569100-1514914492_thumb.jpg

post-1384533-0-85955700-1514914511_thumb.jpg

• Like 1