[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

generate new SSDT and put in folder

u try a patch?

Yes I tried the patch, if you scroll back to post #633, I said that I did yesterday and that it is still in the S/E folder. I already generated a ssdt. Temps and power usage still high.

generate new SSDT and put in folder

u try a patch?

This screenshot is after using your latest clover folder,  generating a new ssdt, and using a patched AICPUPM.

post-559655-0-75587200-1514089105_thumb.png

• Like 2

Yes I tried the patch, if you scroll back to post #633, I said that I did yesterday and that it is still in the S/E folder. I already generated a ssdt. Temps and power usage still high.

This screenshot is after using your latest clover folder,  generating a new ssdt, and using a patched AICPUPM.

u can check Stinga topic?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324270-sandy-bridge-e-ivy-bridge-e-power-management-1013-appstore-release/

• Like 1

I posted a new ioreg output for you like you asked? Why did you want me to send it to you? Yes I already followed stinga's topic on 10.12.x, that is why I thought I would ask you.   This link you posted is for 10.13. I already have High Sierra installed on a separate HDD, but I have no intention of trying anything with it until I have Native Power management and a working DSDT/SSDT with 10.12.6. Thanks though. I will hop over to some other threads and see if they can help.

For the meantime, I am rolling back to the way everything was before i contacted you. I didn't have Native Power Mgmt, but I had Turbo working between 2.6 and 3.2 ghz, which boosted Geekbench score by about 25%. So it boosted Logic Pro X, which is all I care about. The temps and power usage are WAY TOO HIGH with your latest DSDT.

• Like 2

I posted a new ioreg output for you like you asked? Why did you want me to send it to you? Yes I already followed stinga's topic on 10.12.x, that is why I thought I would ask you.   This link you posted is for 10.13. I already have High Sierra installed on a separate HDD, but I have no intention of trying anything with it until I have Native Power management and a working DSDT/SSDT with 10.12.6. Thanks though. I will hop over to some other threads and see if they can help.

For the meantime, I am rolling back to the way everything was before i contacted you. I didn't have Native Power Mgmt, but I had Turbo working between 2.6 and 3.2 ghz, which boosted Geekbench score by about 25%. So it boosted Logic Pro X, which is all I care about. The temps and power usage are WAY TOO HIGH with your latest DSDT.

ioreg is nice, same yestarday, need only PM now, the others is ok, all load ;)

nothing in DSDT about PM now, removed yesterday, is a config.plist

• Like 1

I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.2 my z97-hd3 build and I’m having trouble with my USB 3.0 and the Broadcom 94331CD WiFi icon is showing a message saying that no hardware is installed. Could anyone advise what should I do to make these two things working again? Sorry for not posting (don’t shoot at me) the clover folder and the Ioreg file, but I live in Puerto Rico and I don’t have the regular high speed Internet at home, the country electric system is still down and so I have not been able to setup another WiFi device in my build.

• Like 2

I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.2 my z97-hd3 build and I’m having trouble with my USB 3.0 and the Broadcom 94331CD WiFi icon is showing a message saying that no hardware is installed. Could anyone advise what should I do to make these two things working again? Sorry for not posting (don’t shoot at me) the clover folder and the Ioreg file, but I live in Puerto Rico and I don’t have the regular high speed Internet at home, the country electric system is still down and so I have not been able to setup another WiFi device in my build.

post DSDT and ioreg only

This is the new IOREG

attachicon.gifily’s iMac.zip

Off-Topic: Sorry for late reply. Fell asleep.

now i see many usb load in ioreg

try

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

excuse me maldon, could you check my DSDT and config.plist, is there any mistake, i already patch my DSDT from https://github.com/osxpc/Desktop-DSDT-Patchesand from http://olarila.com/forum/patches.php

i'll attach my CLOVER folder and IOReg

patch that i applied to my DSDT

* Generic_Discrete_Graphics

* Intel_HD2500

* Intel_MEI_Ivy_Bridge

* SATA

* SMBUS

and then i patched my SSDT with SSDTAutomator from your Kabylake, CoffeLake Installation Guide Thread.

My Computer Spec

Mobo : Intel DH61WW (6 Series Chipset)

Proc : Intel Core i3 3240 3.4 Ghz (Ivy Bridge)

VGA : Asus NVidia GeForce 210 1Gb

RAM : 6Gb DDR 3 1600 MHz

Partition Scheme : Journaled HFS+

Thanks in advance Maldon, Merry Xmas :cowboy:

CLOVER.zip

ariefsultan’s iMac IOReg.zip

• Like 1

excuse me maldon, could you check my DSDT and config.plist, is there any mistake, i already patch my DSDT from https://github.com/osxpc/Desktop-DSDT-Patchesand from http://olarila.com/forum/patches.php

i'll attach my CLOVER folder and IOReg

patch that i applied to my DSDT

* Generic_Discrete_Graphics

* Intel_HD2500

* Intel_MEI_Ivy_Bridge

* SATA

* SMBUS

and then i patched my SSDT with SSDTAutomator from your Kabylake, CoffeLake Installation Guide Thread.

My Computer Spec

Mobo : Intel DH61WW (6 Series Chipset)

Proc : Intel Core i3 3240 3.4 Ghz (Ivy Bridge)

VGA : Asus NVidia GeForce 210 1Gb

RAM : 6Gb DDR 3 1600 MHz

Partition Scheme : Journaled HFS+

Thanks in advance Maldon, Merry Xmas :cowboy:

CLOVER.zip

send me new ioreg after reboot

Welcome!

ok, Power Management it done.  :thumbsup_anim:

The problem was that I was using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in clover EFI partition, so it prevented the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement Client from loading. Then I removed the NullCpu kext from all directories, in my case only from EFI -> Clover -> kext -> others. 

But when I removed it and rebooted the system, it gave me a kernel panic caused by the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext, so I had to enable the AppleIntelCPUPM option in Clover -> Kernel and Kext Patches. Rebooted the system, this time didn't have kernel panic and also the Power Management was working. :D

Thanks you for everything MaLd0n, and wishing you happy Christmas holidays :)

ioreg is nice, same yestarday, need only PM now, the others is ok, all load ;)

nothing in DSDT about PM now, removed yesterday, is a config.plist

And a VERY Happy Holidays to you Sir!  We have Native Power management working !!!  This is a learning experience for both of us. Xeon E5-2670-E v1 is SandyBridge, and SandyBridge uses AICPUPM, not XCPM.  The screenshots show that the required kexts AppleLPC, AICPUPM, AICPUPMClient, AppleACPIPlatform, and ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin are all loaded. The MSR on this Dell board is locked, so the AICPUPM patch for OS X 10.12.6 patches the MSRs, which I confirmed in Clover config debug mode. It also needed the addition of a second SSDT (SSDT-1) which I found on Rampage’s X79 thread.  I have seen the CPU speed as low as 1.8GHz in IntelPowerGadget, I have a lot of programs on this computer so I think I might never see cpu speeds in the 1.2GHz range, which is ok with me. I also learned that this CPU always runs about 10 degrees hotter than an i7, so I turn up the fan speed in my BIOS for everyday use, then turn it back down when I am recording with microphones in Logic Pro X.

Thanks so much for your help. I learned a lot. This was harder than getting Mountain Lion running on an AMD !! Happy Holidays!

post-559655-0-58685300-1514300019_thumb.png

post-559655-0-53533800-1514300022_thumb.png

post-559655-0-31382600-1514300025_thumb.png

post-559655-0-70019100-1514300027_thumb.png

post-559655-0-29851300-1514300029_thumb.png

post-559655-0-15195300-1514300031_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

And a VERY Happy Holidays to you Sir!  We have Native Power management working !!!  This is a learning experience for both of us. Xeon E5-2670-E v1 is SandyBridge, and SandyBridge uses AICPUPM, not XCPM.  The screenshots show that the required kexts AppleLPC, AICPUPM, AICPUPMClient, AppleACPIPlatform, and ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin are all loaded. The MSR on this Dell board is locked, so the AICPUPM patch for OS X 10.12.6 patches the MSRs, which I confirmed in Clover config debug mode. It also needed the addition of a second SSDT (SSDT-1) which I found on Rampage’s X79 thread.  I have seen the CPU speed as low as 1.8GHz in IntelPowerGadget, I have a lot of programs on this computer so I think I might never see cpu speeds in the 1.2GHz range, which is ok with me. I also learned that this CPU always runs about 10 degrees hotter than an i7, so I turn up the fan speed in my BIOS for everyday use, then turn it back down when I am recording with microphones in Logic Pro X.

Thanks so much for your help. I learned a lot. This was harder than getting Mountain Lion running on an AMD !! Happy Holidays!

good, check ur ioreg, u see AGPM load too?

LPC etc, i add all in ur DSDT, need solve only CPU PM

• Like 1

good, check ur ioreg, u see AGPM load too?

LPC etc, i add all in ur DSDT, need solve only CPU PM

Hmmm. I didn't know AGPM is supposed to load.  AGPM is not loading in IOREG.  So how do I get it to load, I don't see anything in Clover Configurator for it? If you have time, please visit this link >> http://www.rampagedev.com/dual-cpu-hackintosh-review/. He mentions that he couldn't get a stable build until he used a iMac14,2 system definition, and then he did a "quick AGPM edit" but didn't say what the edit is. My screenshot shows the difference in AGPM.list between the MacPro6,1 and iMac14,2 sysdefs. So I tried an iMac14,2 config, but AGPM still isn't showing up. AGPM entry was missing in the MacPro6,1 system board plist, so I added it. No difference. We are so close to getting it on this MacPro6,1 config. What do you suggest?

post-559655-0-14333700-1514309081_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hmmm. I didn't know AGPM is supposed to load.  AGPM is not loading in IOREG.  So how do I get it to load, I don't see anything in Clover Configurator for it? If you have time, please visit this link >> http://www.rampagedev.com/dual-cpu-hackintosh-review/. He mentions that he couldn't get a stable build until he used a iMac14,2 system definition, and then he did a "quick AGPM edit" but didn't say what the edit is. My screenshot shows the difference in AGPM.list between the MacPro6,1 and iMac14,2 sysdefs. So I tried an iMac14,2 config, but AGPM still isn't showing up. AGPM entry was missing in the MacPro6,1 system board plist, so I added it. No difference. We are so close to getting it on this MacPro6,1 config. What do you suggest?

if generate c3, c6... live without it :)

• Like 1

if generate c3, c6... live without it :)

c3 and c6 are generated.  And I can live with your suggestion to live without it!!  I'm now on Piker's ssdtPRgen page and I will try some of his suggestions because I have time this holiday week. Thanks!!!

• Like 1

this version for AICPUPM work good for me in SandyBridge, u can try

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/releases/tag/v17.0

attachicon.gifssdtPRGen.command.zip

Ok, I tried your command, no difference. i am using v21.5 of ssdtPRGen, there have been a lot of commits since the version 17.0  you are using. Here is my terminal code I enter :  ~/ssdtPRGen.sh -p E5-2670 -c 0 -lfm 1200 -f 2600 -turbo 3300 -l 8 -t 115. May I ask what code you are entering? I am on a X79/C600, what cpu and board type are you using for your SandyBridge build?

Hello, MaLd0n. I upgraded to High Sierra and I would like to have correct DSDT patches. Also, my build is booting and behaving very slow, the USB 3.0 is not working, and the wifi is not working (however, BT is working). My build is a Z97-HD3 with a Nvidia 1050 Ti SSC gpu with 16GB RAM and a BRCM94331CD wifi-BT combo card. Lastly, sometimes the PC is out of the blue turned off/shut down. I attached the clover folder and my  ioreg file. I used the post installation clover folder that you posted in this thread. To fix the wifi, I tried the AirportBrcmFixup.kext and the FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext with the country code boot arguments and the Airport fix in config.plist without success. I'll appreciate if you can help me with the DSDT patches and also share some recommendations and tips about how to fix the slow behavior, USB 3.0 and wifi issues as well as the sudden turn-off.

CLOVER.zip

iMac.ioreg.zip

• Like 1

Hello, MaLd0n. I upgraded to High Sierra and I would like to have correct DSDT patches. Also, my build is booting and behaving very slow, the USB 3.0 is not working, and the wifi is not working (however, BT is working). My build is a Z97-HD3 with a Nvidia 1050 Ti SSC gpu with 16GB RAM and a BRCM94331CD wifi-BT combo card. Lastly, sometimes the PC is out of the blue turned off/shut down. I attached the clover folder and my  ioreg file. I used the post installation clover folder that you posted in this thread. To fix the wifi, I tried the AirportBrcmFixup.kext and the FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext with the country code boot arguments and the Airport fix in config.plist without success. I'll appreciate if you can help me with the DSDT patches and also share some recommendations and tips about how to fix the slow behavior, USB 3.0 and wifi issues as well as the sudden turn-off.

try

CLOVER.zip

Use DPCIManager and check id from ur hardware, Pci List

DPCIManager.app.zip