[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Hi Mald0n,

I fixed the problem with iTunes freeze on my system Z370N Wifi which was causing CPU frequency to go high, it appears the new iTunes update was causing the issue, fresh installed 10.13.3 (17D47) and stopped App Store updates now iTunes works like a charm, when I update to the new iTunes it will freeze again for while and cause the frequency to go high too.

But now I'm in a new problem with high frequency, if I eject any USB drive CPU frequency go high again and stays there, if I just pull the USB out the frequency will stay normal, I know it sounds weird but that how it is  :(

I tried all different USB patches possible and also left it without any patch but it does the same thing

Also, if any USB is connected the PC will automatically start after any shutdown, if no USB the system will shutdown normal 

let's try

send me files again

RunMe.app.zip

• Like 2

This time the run.me is different but I hope I done it right

CLOVER.zip

without DSDT/SSDT or Clover DSDT patches u have a basic provide by Clover, is not good

check if work, many ppl in all foruns report shutdown problem after 10.12.6 Sierra security update and 10.13.2+

• Like 2

and shutdown?

Shutdown works fine  :) but IMEI Controller says driver not installed (I don't know if thats important) it doesn't bother me

This motherboard looks weird and can be the reason for this CPU mess, if I leave default CPU clocks in BIOS it will run at 4.20 GHz which is not correct for 8700K, I must set to overclock i5 at 4.70 GHz to have it correct as 8700K runs at, or must overclock at higher, anyway I still can live with it.  :rolleyes:

Thanks again for all help  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Shutdown works fine  :) but IMEI Controller says driver not installed (I don't know if thats important) it doesn't bother me

This motherboard looks weird and can be the reason for this CPU mess, if I leave default CPU clocks in BIOS it will run at 4.20 GHz which is not correct for 8700K, I must set to overclock i5 at 4.70 GHz to have it correct as 8700K runs at, or must overclock at higher, anyway I still can live with it.  :rolleyes:

Thanks again for all help  :thumbsup_anim:

IMEI load only if u use IntelHDGraphics and activate it

• Like 1

Hello Mald0n,

I think I found the problem of high CPU usage and its something running in background called a kernel_task according to iStat Menus app, some people on real Macs had also this problem and solved by deleting IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext as in this guide which I'm not welling to do, I just tried if possible to stop from Activity Monitor but it seems not stoppable.

Anyway, that is I think the whole story and I'm some how surprised how people with Hackintoshs didn't notice that, I just wanted to share it.

post-1643283-0-60329100-1518888686_thumb.png

post-1643283-0-39873200-1518888708_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hello Mald0n,

I think I found the problem of high CPU usage and its something running in background called a kernel_task according to iStat Menus app, some people on real Macs had also this problem and solved by deleting IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext as in this guide which I'm not welling to do, I just tried if possible to stop from Activity Monitor but it seems not stoppable.

Anyway, that is I think the whole story and I'm some how surprised how people with Hackintoshs didn't notice that, I just wanted to share it.

first, try disable a spotlit indexing

disable spotlight indexing.command.zip

• Like 1

Hello MaLd0n !!!

Could you help me with my Hack.

Currently working ok , only problem is not waking from sleep and sometimes low USB power advice that comes from one of my monitors HUB when monitor sleeps, without DSDT.

From now Thanks !

attachicon.gifSend me NENAOs-iMac.zip

attachicon.giforigin.zip

with both GPUs...problem with sleep

CLOVER.zip

dont need SSDT, use flag uia_exclude=XXXX

EXAMPLE

Unused Ports, uxcluded with flag
uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS03;HS04;HS05;HS06;HS10;HS11;SSP1;SSP2;SSP6

Used Ports
HS07, HS08, HS09, HS12, HS13, HS14, SSP3, SSP4, SSP5

Hello MaLdOn,

After a lot of reading, I am trying a new approach so my problem of shutdown has a chance to disappear (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/331625-shutdown-and-sleep-result-in-restart/page-3 ).

Do you think you coud help me for a customize DSDT?

Thank you very much in advance

(Asus Z270-K, i5 7600K, 2x8 Go Vengeange DDR4 3200, Zotac GTX 1060 3Go)

Hi @MaLdOn, could you help me please to get a working DSDT? I have followed your instructions to create the Send me File and I'm attaching it to this message. I'll tell you my hardware and how I use it for you to understand better ( I believe this will help you help me ;))

My most important (and used) softwareSoftware:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
Adobe Master collection CC 2018
Final Cut Pro 10.4
Clover EFI (last version at the time of writing this).

My Hardware:

CPU - Intel i7 7700K
Motherboard - Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270
RAM - 32 GB (4x8GB) GSKill TridentZ RGB 2133MHz (3200MHz Using XPM1)
Video - nVidia GTX 760 2GB Asus DirectCUII
Solid State Drive OCZ-Vertex460 128GB
Mouse & Keyboard - Logitech wireless K330 (using two usb2.0 receivers one for mouse one for keyboard, I don't have PS2 ports on my motherboard).

My computer is mainly for Video Editing, although y (not so often) play games and do some music creation. I don't use Overclock (just XMP on RAM) because of relatively high ambient temperatures of 31ºC where I live (Cuba), besides I don't like messing around with Overclock. I have a water-cooling CPU solution but it's not one of the best/most efficient ones, it's a Cooler Master Lite 120 (1 fan 120mm)  
I use only one monitor connected to my nVidia card via VGA (I'm planning to switch to HDMI soon), and I have deactivated my Intel GPU, right now I'm using only nVidia Card. (What do you think about Video Edition and Intel GPU deactivated? I've search the web for a consensus between using two GPUS, Intel and nVidia at same time, and using only the nVidia, but opinions diverge, some say that it's better to have both (even if I use only one monitor), some say it's better to use only nVidia.

I'll appreciate any help you could give me creating DSDT edits for me, helping me configuring correct USB Ports and also in realizing the best configuration possible for my hardware.

Thank you very much in advance, and thanks (again) for your tutorials and articles here in the forum, they are awesome.

Send me Onays-iMac.zip

• Like 1

Hi @MaLdOn, could you help me please to get a working DSDT? I have followed your instructions to create the Send me File and I'm attaching it to this message. I'll tell you my hardware and how I use it for you to understand better ( I believe this will help you help me ;))

My most important (and used) softwareSoftware:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
Adobe Master collection CC 2018
Final Cut Pro 10.4
Clover EFI (last version at the time of writing this).

My Hardware:

CPU - Intel i7 7700K
Motherboard - Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270
RAM - 32 GB (4x8GB) GSKill TridentZ RGB 2133MHz (3200MHz Using XPM1)
Video - nVidia GTX 760 2GB Asus DirectCUII
Solid State Drive OCZ-Vertex460 128GB
Mouse & Keyboard - Logitech wireless K330 (using two usb2.0 receivers one for mouse one for keyboard, I don't have PS2 ports on my motherboard).

My computer is mainly for Video Editing, although y (not so often) play games and do some music creation. I don't use Overclock (just XMP on RAM) because of relatively high ambient temperatures of 31ºC where I live (Cuba), besides I don't like messing around with Overclock. I have a water-cooling CPU solution but it's not one of the best/most efficient ones, it's a Cooler Master Lite 120 (1 fan 120mm)  
I use only one monitor connected to my nVidia card via VGA (I'm planning to switch to HDMI soon), and I have deactivated my Intel GPU, right now I'm using only nVidia Card. (What do you think about Video Edition and Intel GPU deactivated? I've search the web for a consensus between using two GPUS, Intel and nVidia at same time, and using only the nVidia, but opinions diverge, some say that it's better to have both (even if I use only one monitor), some say it's better to use only nVidia.

I'll appreciate any help you could give me creating DSDT edits for me, helping me configuring correct USB Ports and also in realizing the best configuration possible for my hardware.

Thank you very much in advance, and thanks (again) for your tutorials and articles here in the forum, they are awesome.

CLOVER.zip

maldon,

this is a new build, not for the notebook...this is a desktop Asus

Please help

EFI: http://www.terminalstrip.net/JACK/EFI.zip

CLOVER.zip

send me new ioreg from Notebook, need apply more xD

Hello MaLdOn,

After a lot of reading, I am trying a new approach so my problem of shutdown has a chance to disappear (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/331625-shutdown-and-sleep-result-in-restart/page-3 ).

Do you think you coud help me for a customize DSDT?

Thank you very much in advance

(Asus Z270-K, i5 7600K, 2x8 Go Vengeange DDR4 3200, Zotac GTX 1060 3Go)

Oups sorry, I realize I forgot to attach the file:

Send me iMac-de-brt.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, I follow the forum closely together with Tony's for more than 10 years. First of all thank you for your daily effort.

Well we go to the mess, I have a new hackintosh which is giving me problems doing DSDT well with SSDT. The USB is my main objective which I think is still to be debugged. I have a lot of problems to match magic trackpad with bluetooh. Sometimes it goes and sometimes there is no way.

My hack is the following:

i7 8700k without overclock
Z370-HD3P
32GB DDR4 Hyperx
960 EVO 250GB
Aorus 1060 6Gb

Everything works more or less well, but I want to leave it 100% perfect.

Thanks in advance.

P.D. Sorry for my English.

Send me iMac-de-salva.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, I follow the forum closely together with Tony's for more than 10 years. First of all thank you for your daily effort.

Well we go to the mess, I have a new hackintosh which is giving me problems doing DSDT well with SSDT. The USB is my main objective which I think is still to be debugged. I have a lot of problems to match magic trackpad with bluetooh. Sometimes it goes and sometimes there is no way.

My hack is the following:

i7 8700k without overclock
Z370-HD3P
32GB DDR4 Hyperx
960 EVO 250GB
Aorus 1060 6Gb

Everything works more or less well, but I want to leave it 100% perfect.

Thanks in advance.

P.D. Sorry for my English.

Check folder, all u need is there

dont need kexts in L/E or S/L/E

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

dont need kexts in L/E or S/L/E

Thank you very much and how fast.

Start fast, faster than before gives me the feeling. Now I can see the PCI cards ... :D

The sound went away for some reason, and I do not know what to erase from the kexts I have in L / E and S / L / E.

I show you some listings of what I have in each directory.

Thanks again my friend.

L:E.txt

S:L:E.txt