[GUIDE] Dell XPS 15 (9550) Mojave 10.14 / 10.15 Quick Installation

Krim404

1,806 posts in this topic

Hi, sorry for the limited information I gave earlier. I had some battery issues that I had to get repaired, and long story short, a dell technician replaced my motherboard and battery. I was forced to reinstall and format the whole disk because of this. Now I am trying to install Mac OSX, but the installer will not recognize the SSD. I have a pm951 512gb SSD. I am running the bios version 1.5.1.

here is a picture of the problem. any suggestions?

post-1929813-0-49617500-1511552862_thumb.jpg

Hi, sorry for the limited information I gave earlier. I had some battery issues that I had to get repaired, and long story short, a dell technician replaced my motherboard and battery. I was forced to reinstall and format the whole disk because of this. Now I am trying to install Mac OSX, but the installer will not recognize the SSD. I have a pm951 512gb SSD. I am running the bios version 1.5.1.

here is a picture of the problem. any suggestions?

OSX10.12 or 10.13?

So I finally finished the post install, and I tried to change my smbios to macbook pro 13,3. I got a kernel panic as shown in the pictures. 

Any way I can get past this?

thanks so much

you have to create VALID 13,3 credentials. you cant just enter anything. Please read the corresponding threads

So I finally finished the post install, and I tried to change my smbios to macbook pro 13,3. I got a kernel panic as shown in the pictures.

Any way I can get past this?

thanks so much

You must read the entire tutorial my friend. Your answer it is right there. You probably overpass it. You have to create a invalid SMBIOS then you go over the apple check. This is to make sure your SMBIOS is not already been used. Then...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You must read the entire tutorial my friend. Your answer it is right there. You probably overpass it. You have to create a invalid SMBIOS then you go over the apple check. This is to make sure your SMBIOS is not already been used. Then...

you have to create VALID 13,3 credentials. you cant just enter anything. Please read the corresponding threads

I have done these things, or so I think. I made sure that my smbios is invalid, and checked it with apple. I followed many guides on creating proper smbios. I have attached my config.plist. I am sorry for my ignorance, I am just not sure of why my system won't boot with my desired SMbios. Thanks for the help!

config.plist.zip

I have done these things, or so I think. I made sure that my smbios is invalid, and checked it with apple. I followed many guides on creating proper smbios. I have attached my config.plist. I am sorry for my ignorance, I am just not sure of why my system won't boot with my desired SMbios. Thanks for the help!

I am using Mac pro 13.3 too. I have check the fix the truncation error on clover too. Mine works just fine

HI all!

It seems like I have to buy a new ssd, can't bring it back to life (1 TB Toshiba nvme)

So what do you recommend to buy from these options?

- Samsung PM951

- Samsung SM951

- Toshiba XG4

I need just an 512 gb version. Do you have any experience with one of them? AFAIK all of it is compatible with hackintosh HS.

Thank you for your help!

After double checking left-over kexts in S/L/E and other locations, rebuilding the kext cache my system boots up at normal speed again. I still notice an increased battery drain during sleep (HWP is enabled) and I miss some of the brightness steps. We're back to a higher level of brightness on lowest level. Or did Dell play with their BIOS again?

Cheers

After double checking left-over kexts in S/L/E and other locations, rebuilding the kext cache my system boots up at normal speed again. I still notice an increased battery drain during sleep (HWP is enabled) and I miss some of the brightness steps. We're back to a higher level of brightness on lowest level. Or did Dell play with their BIOS again?

Cheers

the applebacklight inject just doesnt have my optimization in it - because some people were not happy with my brightness curve.

• Like 1

Installed 10.13, with MacBook pro 13.3 and BIOS 1.5.1. Everything working perfect, smooth and fast. If compare with 10.12 HD530 work more faster about 20% more in games, but test result same as before. 

Sorry for the trouble, but could you tell me how you created your config plist with the macbook pro 13.3 smbios?

Is it the desired behavior that the current WiFi connection is shown in the Ethernet NIC? WiFi is shown as disabled and Ethernet acts as WiFi..

Also, a manually set MTU (which I require because my ISP is an idiot) gets deleted upon applying.

Is it the desired behavior that the current WiFi connection is shown in the Ethernet NIC? WiFi is shown as disabled and Ethernet acts as WiFi..

Also, a manually set MTU (which I require because my ISP is an idiot) gets deleted upon applying.

ehm nope.

What do you guys think about doing some sort of gofundme/ kickstarter to raise money to get a developer to finish the SD card reader drivers for MacOS?  I think that would be the icing on the cake to get that working.

This is against the rules of the hackintosh communities.

Is anybody using HWP speedShift with the current release. Battery life is not good so far. Sleep uses a lot of battery too.

You can try http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321021-guide-hwpintel-speed-shift-enable-with-full-power-management/?p=2365608- all you need to do is to add SSDT-pr.aml to your install and enable HWP in the clover config, since the reboot patch is already in place.

I'm running this setup now and I think HWP is working and sleep is not draining that bad. But haven't run appleinfokext yet.