455 replies to this topic

black.dragon74

black.dragon74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Programming

Got it! I will do "sudo kextcache -i /" from now on for better results. Cheers!

Sorry if that was a typo, still:

sudo kextcache -i  /

^--> There needs to be a space between -i and /

Regards

Nancy10

Nancy10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Thank you again. 

I did generate a new SMBIOS and I installed the 3 kexts you mentioned in System/Library/Extensions.

Yet still nothing happened, wifi still doesn't find any networks after building kextcache and restarting.

I attached proper debug files, last time I had problems with permissions.

Attached Files

black.dragon74

black.dragon74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Thank you again. 

I did generate a new SMBIOS and I installed the 3 kexts you mentioned in System/Library/Extensions.

Yet still nothing happened, wifi still doesn't find any networks after building kextcache and restarting.

I attached proper debug files, last time I had problems with permissions.

Your setup is a mess.

SMBIOS is not generated properly.

You are using both patched AirportAtheros40 and ATH9KFixup 

No ATH9KInjector in kextcache output.

Tons of ACPI errors related to incorrect DSDT for ACPIBatteryManager. (We will fix these later)

Here is what you need to do:-

Remove AirPortAtheros40.kext from wherever you installed.

Remove WhateverGreen.kext (Needed only in ATI/Radeon. Your's is a laptop. Definitely not needed.)

Install ATH9KInjector.kext (You can download from my repo) to /System/Library/Extensions

Why are you using both AppleHDA and VoodooHDA (Remove either one)

Replace your config.plist in EFI/CLOVER with the one I am attaching. I have fixed your SMBIOS and added stuffs needed for ATH9KFixup.

After doing all of the above, rebuild caches and reboot.

Also, your ACPI tables are a mess. You might consider patching them manually. Let's first fix you Wi-Fi issue and then I'll help you tune up your hack

P.S: Also tell me your system configuration. Does it have a discrete GPU? (If not, there are a lot of stuffs that could be removed)

Regards

Here are your patched ACPI files (Battery information will show up now)

I need to know your System's spec in order to carry on further with the patches.

Tell me full specs (If you could provide a link to your Laptop's product page, that would be best)

Download the attached zip file and place it in CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Attached Files

Nancy10

Nancy10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Thank you,
After I installed the patched ACPI files you provided, Battery informations was displayed correctly. I did also install the Config.Plist you provided .

before I installed AirportAtheros40.kext inside IO80211Family.kext/Content/Plugins, after I deleted it I had wifi saying " hardware not installed ". I also installed the ATH9KFixup.kext and ATH9KINjector.kext to S/L/E.

here are my new debit files.

Attached Files

black.dragon74

black.dragon74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Thank you,
After I installed the patched ACPI files you provided, Battery informations was displayed correctly. I did also install the Config.Plist you provided .

before I installed AirportAtheros40.kext inside IO80211Family.kext/Content/Plugins, after I deleted it I had wifi saying " hardware not installed ". I also installed the ATH9KFixup.kext and ATH9KINjector.kext to S/L/E.

here are my new debit files.

Apparently, in attempt to do right thing you messed up. 

You need to restore your vanilla IO80211Family kext.

Also, U didn't delete the kexts I asked you to remove.

If you want your wifi to work, I expect you to follow what I say.

Your Lilu.kext and ATH9KFixup aren't compatible with each other (Coz you didn't follow what I said). Download and install the 3 kexts from attached zip to /S/L/E

P.S: You can use  pacifist to extract IO80211Family kext from macOS installer. Else, If you are running Sierra I can provide you the same.

Note: Update your CLOVER to latest or else set DropOem to true in config.plist under ACPI > SSDT.

Attached Files

Nancy10

Nancy10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Yes please provide me with the original IO80211FAMILY.next, I had hard times finding the right one.

I did delete most of the kexts you mentioned from s/l/e, do I need to delete them from everywhere ? If so where exactly .

Thanks
Also, what clover folder I am supposed to change, is it the one in my EFI partition that I need to mount ? Or the one in my installation directory ?

EDIT : I installed the 3 kexts from the ZIP you provided, got my original IO80211Family.kext from my installation and installed it too ( using Kext Wizard ).  Wifi still doesn't work and shows " No hardware installed ".

The Drop Oem Option you mentioned got me a blocked boot at the Root device, so I removed it .

Here are my latest patch notes.

NOTE : If there is any other changes or kexts I need to delete, please specify where exactly to do that, I am getting a bit confused.

Attached Files

Emanuele-1998

Emanuele-1998

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Doesn't work! Please help me

Attached Files

black.dragon74

black.dragon74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Doesn't work! Please help me

Sorry buddy, I can't diagnose the problem just by looking at two images (I wish I could).

Attach output of: https://github.com/b...gon74/OSX-Debug

Regards

Yes please provide me with the original IO80211FAMILY.next, I had hard times finding the right one.

I did delete most of the kexts you mentioned from s/l/e, do I need to delete them from everywhere ? If so where exactly .

Thanks
Also, what clover folder I am supposed to change, is it the one in my EFI partition that I need to mount ? Or the one in my installation directory ?

EDIT : I installed the 3 kexts from the ZIP you provided, got my original IO80211Family.kext from my installation and installed it too ( using Kext Wizard ).  Wifi still doesn't work and shows " No hardware installed ".

The Drop Oem Option you mentioned got me a blocked boot at the Root device, so I removed it .

Here are my latest patch notes.

NOTE : If there is any other changes or kexts I need to delete, please specify where exactly to do that, I am getting a bit confused.

Restore vanilla corecapture.kext

You got stuck on dropping OEM SSDTs because maybe they are a bit too old. Something must have changed with your BIOS. At clover screen press F4 to extract origin tables (once again). Then attach EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder here. (Whenever you change anything in your BIOS you will need to re-extract ACPI tables and patch them again)

A gentle reminder, please follow exactly what I say and tell me what I need to know.

As, you still haven't updated CLOVER (I asked you to update as your config.plist has several configs that are only available in the recent versions of CLOVER. Also, it is a good idea to keep your boot loader up to date)

You haven't told me yet about your system specs (A link to product page on ASUS's website will be much more helpful). Your system's info in your signature is a must have when asking for help. 

Cheers!

Nancy10

Nancy10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I updated clover to the latest version and installed the original corecapture.kext from my install media. Just to be sure please provide me with the original kexts for Corecature.kext and IO80211Family.kext since I run macOS Sierra too .

Here is the ACPI/origin folder and my debug output.

I also attached a DirectX diagnose tool report as the text file. it has all the specs on my PC ( i couldn't find a page for my PC on asus website)

I still can't find any wifi networks.

Attached Files

black.dragon74

black.dragon74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I updated clover to the latest version and installed the original corecapture.kext from my install media. Just to be sure please provide me with the original kexts for Corecature.kext and IO80211Family.kext since I run macOS Sierra too .

Here is the ACPI/origin folder and my debug output.

I also attached a DirectX diagnose tool report as the text file. it has all the specs on my PC ( i couldn't find a page for my PC on asus website)

I still can't find any wifi networks.

Delete everything from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin then reboot. At the clover screen press F4 to extract origin tables. The tables you have provided are the old ones.

There is no need to provide separate origin.zip as it if present is included in my OSX-Debug report.

According to your IOREG, Wifi is loading up fine! Maybe you have a different card. Can you attach a screenshot of PCI device in DPCI manager? Search google for DPCI Manager.

Secondly, update OSX-Debug from my github and then, generate a report using

gen_debug -sysprofile

We've almost fixed it.

P.S: Are you trying to connect to a 5Ghz network?

Regards

Nancy10

Nancy10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi , I am not trying to connect o any network and none of the networks near my PC are 5GHz. 

here are the files you requested.

Attached Files

black.dragon74

black.dragon74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hi , I am not trying to connect o any network and none of the networks near my PC are 5GHz. 

here are the files you requested.

Okay. So you have a different hardware, this is the last try. It will fix it or I'm afraid we can't do anything about it.

First, replace the files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched with the ones attached.

Changes I have done:

• Added battery fix
  • Disabled NVIDIA card as it is useless in macOS
  • Added Audio patches
  • Added IRQ patches
  • Added Mutex patches
  • Added PRW for USB
  • Added XHCI properties

After that, reset your network interfaces by, opening terminal and typing:

sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

Reboot. You will have working Wi-Fi. All the best!

Regards

Attached Files

Nancy10

Nancy10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I am afraid it didn't work. I still can't find any networks. Thank you for your help.

black.dragon74

black.dragon74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I am afraid it didn't work. I still can't find any networks. Thank you for your help.

Oh! If still wanting to debug this, sent u a PM.

seafox6686

seafox6686

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Is there any resolution to the 11mbps limit on the AR9485? Surprisingly, the moment i tried installing a Kext from another website(I will share the link once am home), the speed was fixed and i saw download speed of 25mbps. But then after 30-40 minutes again the Tx was back to 11mbps and i get only 2 mbps download speed.

marklion

marklion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Does this working on HighSierra? I can't make it work on HighSierra with AirportAtheros40.kext ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy