AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, sanmane said:

Odd, give that a try. Also... didn't seem to work with that AppleHDA, I tried both inject 1 and 7.

sanmaneiMac.ioreg

7 should be fine for ALC1150 Desktop. And it definitely works, cause I already tested that. :)

The last ioreg works. And also shows that you've pretty much got no AppleALC injection. :)) So, of course, no sound for you.

Could you, please, upload your complete Clover folder (make sure you remove the serials in SMBIOS)?

2 minutes ago, arsradu said:

7 should be fine for ALC1150 Desktop. And it definitely works, cause I already tested that. :)

The last ioreg works. And also shows that you've pretty much got no AppleALC injection. :)) So, of course, no sound for you.

Could you, please, upload your complete Clover folder (make sure you remove the serials in SMBIOS)?

https://nofile.io/f/SXPNeMKwx8T/EFI-sanmane.zip

14 minutes ago, sanmane said:

Well, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you to use -alcbeta -lilubeta. Works fine for me. However, I think you either add -lilubeta & -alcbeta OR -lilubetaall. But not all of them together. :)

Try again with either one or the other of the two options, and let's see another ioreg, please.

Edited by arsradu

7 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Well, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you to use -alcbeta -lilubeta. Works fine for me. However, I think you either add -lilubeta & -alcbeta OR -lilubetaall. But not all of them together. :)

Try again with either one or the other of the two options, and let's see another ioreg, please.

iMac-sanmane-2.ioreg

8 minutes ago, sanmane said:

Did you do a restart after replacing alcbeta & lilubeta with -lilubetaall? Cause the ioreg looks the same.

Also, could you please, replace AppleALC and Lilu with the ones in the attachment and try again? And please, take another ioreg.

Also, what happens when you use -lilubeta -alcbeta instead of -lilubetaall ?

Archive.zip

Edited by arsradu

5 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Did you do a restart after replacing alcbeta & lilubeta with -lilubetaall? Cause the ioreg looks the same.

Also, could you please, replace AppleALC and Lilu with the ones in the attachment and try again? And please, take another ioreg.

Also, what happens when you use -lilubeta -alcbeta instead of -lilubetaall ?

Archive.zip

If I use -lilubeta -alcbeta the computer will not boot. I presume this has to do with Intel HD graphics, but not sure. Only works with -lilubetaall. I'll give that a shot.

10 minutes ago, sanmane said:
If I use -lilubeta -alcbeta the computer will not boot. I presume this has to do with Intel HD graphics, but not sure. Only works with -lilubetaall. I'll give that a shot.

Could be, indeed. I realised i'm not using that. And since we're talking about Mojave, yeah, probably needs a flag or something to enable that one, too.

Edited by arsradu

2 hours ago, arsradu said:

Could be, indeed. I realised i'm not using that. And sine we're talking about Mojave. Yeah, probably needs a flag for that one too.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Well those files seem to have worked... :D Booting with -lulibetaall and injecting 1. Dropped my final config below if anyone else needs it in the future.

487711529_ScreenShot2018-06-18at12_51_35PM.png.ec0f9973362d72863a447dd35b211486.png

config.plist

Edited by sanmane

On 6/18/2018 at 12:50 PM, arsradu said:

Could be, indeed. I realised i'm not using that. And since we're talking about Mojave, yeah, probably needs a flag or something to enable that one, too.

Argh... Just booted this morning and it seems to be broken again. I don't think anything has changed in the config besides me getting iMessage to work, which it did work for a while after I did that until now. Regardless, here's my current EFI https://nofile.io/f/kXYaYq9w0pr/EFI.zip Not sure if this is just beta/unstable kexts or something that I did unknowingly.

17 minutes ago, sanmane said:

Argh... Just booted this morning and it seems to be broken again. I don't think anything has changed in the config besides me getting iMessage to work, which it did work for a while after I did that until now. Regardless, here's my current EFI https://nofile.io/f/kXYaYq9w0pr/EFI.zip Not sure if this is just beta/unstable kexts or something that I did unknowingly.

Well, I don't know how did you get iMessage to work. But, aside from adding correct serials in SMBIOS, you shouldn't have touched anything else.

Try this in terminal:

sudo -s
[password]
rm -R -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*
reboot now

See if that helps. Not sure that it will... But you can try. Also, make sure you're booting from the SAME SSD/HDD. Or, if you have multiple ones, make sure you have the same config and kexts on ALL of them.

5 hours ago, arsradu said:

Well, I don't know how did you get iMessage to work. But, aside from adding correct serials in SMBIOS, you shouldn't have touched anything else.

Try this in terminal:

sudo -s
[password]
reboot now

See if that helps. Not sure that it will... But you can try. Also, make sure you're booting from the SAME SSD/HDD. Or, if you have multiple ones, make sure you have the same config and kexts on ALL of them.

It's booting the right config. Still broke :/

Edit... Is it possible that b/c this is a tmac install that is [censored]ing it up? lol. Considering a vanilla in place install.

Edit 2: Just did a vanilla in place install so I can keep files/programs and still persists.

Edited by sanmane

8 hours ago, arsradu said:

Try this in terminal:

sudo -s
[password]
reboot now

Also the hack seems to have updated itself to beta 2, still no change.

I made a compilation of my own, to make working a mic on an ALC 269 codec, on a Asus A45A laptop. I copied the Layout-ID and Platforms files that are functional in the patched AppleHDA, and pasted into the/Resource/ALC269 directory, with the Laytout45 and Platforms45. I made the due changes in the Info. plist files and in the PinConfigs. Kext, and I performed the build. I installed the Kext, however I receive the following errors:

kernel: kxld[as.vit9696.AppleALC]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kernel: kxld[as.vit9696.AppleALC]:     __ZN13KernelPatcher13routeMultipleEmPNS_12RouteRequestEmymbb
kernel: kxld[as.vit9696.AppleALC]:     __ZN6WIOKit12renameDeviceEP15IORegistryEntryPKcb
kernel: kxld[as.vit9696.AppleALC]:     __ZN7LiluAPI20onEntitlementRequestEPFvPvP4taskPKcRP8OSObjectES0_
kernel: Can't load kext as.vit9696.AppleALC - link failed.

kernel: Failed to load executable for kext as.vit9696.AppleALC.
kernel: Kext as.vit9696.AppleALC failed to load (0xdc008016).
kernel: Failed to load kext as.vit9696.AppleALC (error 0xdc008016).

Can anyone help?

3 minutes ago, Wolfield said:

I made a compilation of my own, to make working a mic on an ALC 269 codec, on a Asus A45A laptop. I copied the Layout-ID and Platforms files that are functional in the patched AppleHDA, and pasted into the/Resource/ALC269 directory, with the Laytout45 and Platforms45. I made the due changes in the Info. plist files and in the PinConfigs. Kext, and I performed the build. I installed the Kext, however I receive the following errors:

Can anyone help?

I'm also using ALC269, not really sure if it has an exactly same dev:id as yours. But on my case, Audio IN-OUT is working fine under OS X 10.11.6 - 10.14 Beta 1 / 2. Here's my report (with attached AppleALC && Lilu kext) 

21 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

I'm also using ALC269, not really sure if it has an exactly same dev:id as yours. But on my case, Audio IN-OUT is working fine under OS X 10.11.6 - 10.14 Beta 1 / 2. Here's my report (with attached AppleALC && Lilu kext) 

Thank you for answering. I just tested your version, but my Mic still doesn't work. Probably because of the verbs and layout. These a file with my work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qijz4z7zj5xqw6/applealcmaster.zip?dl=0

Edited by Wolfield
Attach not work
  • Like 1

Hi @vit9696,

I've been using your latest AppleALC and Lilu kext which both of them are installed into L/E/

However, I realized my cpu will go up to 3.7GHz when I set inject id to the corresponding codec. Here I also attached my Intel Power Gadget Screen Shot for you to check the CPU usage. When I do not set the inject id correspond to my codec id, then the cpu will not be constantly high even with the AppleALC kext installed.

Report:

1. Dell Inspiron 7370
2. ALC295/3254
3. id = 13, 28 (3 not working but will also cause CPU go up to 3.7GHz constantly)
4. macOS High Sierra 10.13.5
5. Seems like I cannot upload files to insanelymac server right now. I'll try later.

If you find any tips that might solve this issue, I would first like to try.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, twsps said:

Hi @vit9696,

I've been using your latest AppleALC and Lilu kext which both of them are installed into L/E/

However, I realized my cpu will go up to 3.7GHz when I set inject id to the corresponding codec. Here I also attached my Intel Power Gadget Screen Shot for you to check the CPU usage. When I do not set the inject id correspond to my codec id, then the cpu will not be constantly high even with the AppleALC kext installed.

Report:

1. Dell Inspiron 7370
2. ALC295/3254
3. id = 13, 28 (3 not working but will also cause CPU go up to 3.7GHz constantly)
4. macOS High Sierra 10.13.5
5. Seems like I cannot upload files to insanelymac server right now. I'll try later.

If you find any tips that might solve this issue, I would first like to try.

Thanks.

Hi. 

High CPU usage mean problems in resources. Try to contact authors. Layout 3 - @Mirone (he is retired), layout 13 -  @daliansky, and layout 28 - @vusun123

Got my hands on a 2012 laptop with (IDT 92HD99BXX) audio codec but this seems not working, should I continue trying or it will not work anyway for this codec?

Tried different Layouts 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 12, 13, 28 but nothing, ResetHDA was ticked always.

Specs:

HP Pavilion Ultrabook 15-b035eg

CPU: 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5-3317U

Chipset: Intel HM77 Express

1st GPU: Intel HD 4000 (for 1080p upgraded screen)

2nd GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (will be disabled if needed)

3 hours ago, vandroiy2012 said:

Hi. 

High CPU usage mean problems in resources. Try to contact authors. Layout 3 - @Mirone (he is retired), layout 13 -  @daliansky, and layout 28 - @vusun123

Hi @daliansky and @vusun123,

as I mention in the previous post, there's CPU high usage problem when using layout 3, 13, 28. Is there any thing I can do to change this?

ALC295. only id = 13,28 works for my Dell Inspiron 7370

Thanks

Hey all!

I have upgraded my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 7567) to macOS Mojave, and everything has worked flawlessly from my High Sierra installation except audio!

My audio codec (Realtek ALC256) is one of the codecs where the layouts provided with AppleALC are removed in the updated AppleHDA (layout 13 and layout 56).

Is there any way I can get around this? Or does the latest version of AppleALC (1.2.8) make this fact irrelevant (due to how AppleALC now injects the layout-id)?

I have gotten my Realtek ALC256 to work with AppleALC in High Sierra using layout 13, but now this is not working in Mojave ... :blink:

Both AppleALC and Lilu are running via the "-lilubetaall" flag, and I have layout ID 13 injected via Clover (checked in IOReg).

Does anyone have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate them!

Thank you!

-Duncan

Edited by AGuyWhoIsBored