post the codec_dump here, then I can compare

hello @vandroiy2012

I have a new codec.

Resources_alc294_ID11.zip

ALC294 - LayoutID 11 (0B) for Lenovo M710Q or compatible

can you please added the new codec?

many thanks

Edited by MacPeet

I'm on a ThinkPad T470 (not "p") and I'm trying to get Sound working. Unfortunately, the layout for the T470p either does not apply or is not correctly loaded - I'm not sure. I enabled Audio-Injection with "47" in Clover and added an SSDT with HDEF values (is this actually necessary?) - attached. 

I *think* the the layout for the T470p matches: Attached is my codec_dump.txt from Linux for comparison.

I also attached the boot log with -alcdbg switch. What makes me wonder is that lilu reports 0 patches applied?

Thank you for your help,

Regards

alcdbg.txt

codec_dump.txt

SSDT-HDEF-T470.dsl

@mauritzius

The SSDT-HDEF-T470.dsl is nonsense. Delete this!
LayoutID inject in DSDT/HDEF is normal or in Clover´s config.plist.
With DSDT the LayoutID in Hex 2F = 47 Dec (without FixHDA in Clover)
without DSDT, Inject in Clover must be in Dec 47 (with FixHDA in Clover)

try in config.plist with CloverConfigurator:

- Section ACPI Fixes set FixHDA
- Devices section Audio Inject 47 (or other ID's)
- Section SystemParameters Inject Kexts to "YES"
- latest releases from Lilu and AppleALC to EFI/Clover/kexts/other/

restart

Maybe also:
- Section ACPI DSDT patches "HDAU to HDEF"

restart

AppleALC+Lilu with -lilubetaall not working for ALC898 on Asus Z9PE-D8 WS board with 10.14 beta. Was working with Layout-id=1 on 10.12-10.13.6 beta 1.

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 1

AppleALC+Lilu with -lilubetaall not working for ALC898 on Asus Z9PE-D8 WS board with 10.14 beta. Was working with Layout-id=1 on 10.12-10.13.6 beta 1.
Isn't it just -lilubeta ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Isn't it just -lilubeta?

-lilubeta only loads Lilu not all of its plugins, -lilubetaall load Lilu+ all plugins.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Helipilot2 said:

no sound with ALC892 and bootflags: -lilubeta -alcbeta on 10.14. Does anyone run into the same problem?

:) It's been reported literally one post above. Not to mention Pavo's posts a little bit up, as well.

So yes, you're not alone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

ALC233 working with 10.14 with -alcbeta and -lilubetaall

Yeah...that is weird. :)) Good. But weird. Cause pretty much everyone else has no sound, with or without those flags. So..there has to be something we're missing probably...

Would you be able to share your config (obviously, and especially, stripped of any private info) so we can take a look? Maybe the answer is somewhere in there... Although...seems kinda weird that, without any change to the config, we have sound in HS, but we don't have in Mojave. Can I call it Mojito? Ok, it's Mojito from now on. :)) So yeah... Kinda weird.

Edited by arsradu

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

Update:

Switched from Layout ID 1 to 2, kept -alcbeta and -lilubeta and what do you know? We have sound! :)

Thanks @wern apfel for the tip. :)

Doesn't work with ALC892 I tried 50% of the list without results. 

9 minutes ago, Helipilot2 said:

i dont know if it'll work but try earlier versions of voodoo (not kexts the pacage one's)

1 first set your SIP to disable in clover add csr-active-config 0x67 into “config plist” in EFI > EFI > CLOVER > config.plist  .

System > Library > Extension and find for AppleHDA kext but important! before you delete AppleHDA backup it first by copy and put it on a safe place, just in case  http://www.spaste.com/s/HZyfTD

download it and install it then restart . Report me if it Works i have to wake up late night as i again crashed my hackintosh and re installing It

Edited by PcSolutions12

18 minutes ago, Helipilot2 said:

Uhm...we're both using ALC892. This is most likely not a codec issue.

Can you upload your config after removing all private information from it?

Screenshot 2018-06-05 at 20.48.27.png

Edited by arsradu

4 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Could you, please, try removing "-lilubetaall" and adding instead "-lilubeta -alcbeta"? Let's see if that makes a difference.

Nope Lilubeta an alcbeta doen't solve the problem. Did you put appleALC and lilu in the other folder or in the 10.14

1 minute ago, Helipilot2 said:

Nope Lilubeta an alcbeta doen't solve the problem. Did you put appleALC and lilu in the other folder or in the 10.14

All my kexts are in a single place, inside the Other folder. Are you using AppleAlc 1.7.0? Not sure if that makes any difference though..

ive solved the problem, I deleted the EFI folder completely. I reinstalled clover and replaced the Config.plist file. I placed the appleALC.kext and fakesmc and lilu.kext in the Other folder. Restart and boom audio! thnx for you help. AUDIO ID 2 works with ALC892 :) 

• Like 1

For anyone wondering which Layout ID to use, since apparently some of them are no longer supported, well, here's some useful information I found on AppleALC Wiki page.

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

Look for your codec, see which Layout ID should work for you. Cross-reference with the list provided by wern apfel here and see which ones are still there.

Then use Clover Configurator or any other tool to change it in the Clover config.plist.

Edited by arsradu

Yeah...that is weird. :)) Good. But weird. Cause pretty much everyone else has no sound, with or without those flags. So..there has to be something we're missing probably...

Would you be able to share your config (obviously, and especially, stripped of any private info) so we can take a look? Maybe the answer is somewhere in there... Although...seems kinda weird that, without any change to the config, we have sound in HS, but we don't have in Mojave. Can I call it Mojito? Ok, it's Mojito from now on. :)) So yeah... Kinda weird.
Sorry for late reply, it seems I don't need to share my config as you figured it out. I am using layout 28.

• Like 1