Hello guys,

here is my test..

I tryed the ISO under VMware 6 beta

under the CD-ROM conifg,,

there is something called " Legacy emulation"

If I enable it , I will get the "EBIOS Error" ;

If I disable , it is fine.

don't know what is " Legacy emulation"

maybe something to do with your reall DVD disc??

hope can help a little :D

jesphoto

jesphoto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
For HP users.Did you upgrade your bios to work with Vista?.If you do then- just as I was- you will get error trying to install OSX.Get your previous version of bios and flash.Erros will go away.I do not use vmware.Emulation will slow down a lot performance.You can dual boot using Acronis boot manager.I have 2 partition- one for XP and second for OS X.Both primary.Unfortunatelly I was able to install only on USB hD.The 10.4.8 Jasc will not see my HD.Still have some issue. I strongly believe in shareware - try before you buy.That applay to any OS too.I made a mistake of wasting money on WARP years back.Week latter I could not give away.If works fine -purchase a licence If not- garbage can.

sarahbau

sarahbau

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
This error is driving me crazy. I've installed from this same DVD twice without the problem, but of course when I accidentally killed my install the other day, and I had to reinstall, I started getting this every time. I started downloading a new ISO, but didn't want to give up so easily on what I already had (especially since it takes about 5 days to get an OS X iso...am I the only one seeding? I have a 5.51 to 1 up/down ratio. lol). Anyway, I tried it with a different drive, with the same problem. Then I downloaded VMware, and tried to install from the DVD in VMware, with the same problem. Then I got Alcohol 120% and ripped the DVD. It took over 2 hours because the last 2.9% of the DVD had errors (first 97.1% was fine). Well, booting VMware from the image worked flawlessly, so I figured that the problem was the DVD had just gotten hard to read, and Alcohol was just more patient with it than the OS X boot loader.

Sooo, I decided to burn my "good" image back to a new DVD. Alcohol said there wasn't enough room on any of my discs (the disc image is almost exactly the full size of a blank DVD, and I don't know enough about Windows software to know if there's a tool to remove the 1GB of free space on the image that was preventing me from burning. I copied the image to my PowerBook, and it didn't complain about the size for some reason. Once that burn finished, I tried it in the PC, and it had the EBIOS read error again. I figure either my drive or my discs are bad. I know the image is good since it worked fine in VMware once the disc was taken out of the equation.

Not content to give up, I decided to try to see if I could get the computer from the hard drive if I copied the CD files to two small partitions. I couldn't format for HFS+ in Windows, and I don't have a Mac that use my PC's SATA drive, so I took one of my server's RAID 1 drives (I can always restore it later. lol), and gave it three partitions. I copied the installer CD files to a 7GB HFS+ partition, and the boot files to a 20MB linux partition. Then I took the drive and put it in my PC. It turns out I still have to use the CD to get it to do anything other than sit at a black screen with a cursor, but when it boots from the CD, it recognizes that the HD had a Mac installation, and tries to boot from it. Unfortunately, it doesn't boot all the way. It gets past the Apple and spinning gear, but always shuts down shortly after loading the blue background (hard shut down, not a freeze or restart).

Basically I'm really hoping this new image that will take another 80 hours to get will work. I'll probably give up and get a MacMini or something if it doesn't. lol

Knacker

Knacker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
is it possible to put the install DVD on a USB flash drive? I've got an 8gig sitting around I could use for the purpose

zWhiteTigerz

zWhiteTigerz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everybody,

Tomorrow,I tried to install JasOSx86,and I had the same error, so I walk through the forum and the only answer I found was redownload the CD.It seem terrible.But luckily,this morning ,when I try to install it one more time,it's running,and so I think the reason is my or your DVD drive,it's too hot.

And my answer is if you want to install JasOSx86,after preparing your disk or any things,you should turn of your computer for a few hours,or leave your DVD drive out of case.Try it and report me later.

Good luck!

And sorry about my English,if there is any gramma mistakes

sarahbau

sarahbau

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
I guess I never came back and said this (but it should be pretty obvious by now since I'm still here. lol), but downloading the other image worked for me. I guess there was just something wrong with the first one. I also think there were some problems with my DVDR drive, so I tried it with another drive. Whichever it was, disc or drive, it's been working well for nearly 4 months now.

jewilmeer

jewilmeer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I like many others was getting "EBIOS Error" when trying to boot from the "OS x Install DVD".

The error is a "disk read error", it can't read the DVD, either it is dirty, defective or your drive has "issues".

Any chance of sticky :)

forget about this... I hadn't read the topic well enough

qpqp

qpqp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hy everyone;
first sorry for bad english, :D
second: I "buy" Mac os x 10.4.7 Tiger on DVD, when I put DVD in DVD ROM in Win-Vista, its nothing hapend, when i try to open DVD I get message: "The disc might be corrupt. Make sure that disc uses a format that windows recognizes. If the disc is unformattes, you need to format it before using it."
I have try open it form Slax LINUX, there is not recognizes DVD.
Is someone knows what problem is?
Once agin sorry for bad englis! :D :

cafelatte

cafelatte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Have been following the thread coz I have the same problem, but I am still unresolved.What I've tried:1. re-downloaded the same image. - failed to work2. re-downloaded same image to different system, new DRDRW burner, failed to work, concluded bad image (10.4.8 JaS repack), 3. downloaded 10.4.9 JAS image from p..bay onto both systems,failed to install.Destination HW: IBM Thinkpad T60P or T30 or HP XW4300I'm at a loss on what to do next and getting frustrated.going for coffee....grrrr!!!ps: forgot say I have also tried all the previously mentioned install techniques before sending this and the previous message... now I'm goin for coffee

jake123

jake123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Have been following the thread coz I have the same problem, but I am still unresolved.What I've tried:1. re-downloaded the same image. - failed to work2. re-downloaded same image to different system, new DRDRW burner, failed to work, concluded bad image (10.4.8 JaS repack), 3. downloaded 10.4.9 JAS image from p..bay onto both systems,failed to install.Destination HW: IBM Thinkpad T60P or T30 or HP XW4300I'm at a loss on what to do next and getting frustrated.going for coffee....grrrr!!!ps: forgot say I have also tried all the previously mentioned install techniques before sending this and the previous message... now I'm goin for coffee

When I just tried to reinstall OS X, I needed to swap to a different DVD Drive. That corrected the problem.

Beachcomber

Beachcomber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I can confirm the following, with a 1x burned DVD:

1. A DVD with JaS 10.4.6 boots a Lenovo laptop fine, and I can install MacOSX without issues (I do not have sound or wireless however, and I kinda need those...so I wiped it clean and reinstalled Vista.)

2. The Windows version of Parallels on the same laptop attempts to boot the same OSX DVD in a blank virtual machine and gets the EBIOS error. There is clearly something up with how the drive is emulated. It is NOT a dirty disk, it is NOT a botched burn.

3. VMWare on same machine does boot the DVD and I can install MacOSX 10.4.6.

I have done this installation and wiping many times now on this machine, and even burned a new DVD. It always installs natively, but won't in the Parallels emulation.

robriderOnMyspace

robriderOnMyspace

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
I had the same problem... i was installing the osx to my slave pata....i too kthe drive out and made it a master msgs went away...gray apple showed up and install process started...try that. :(

Yaniv Ragasaydiv

Yaniv Ragasaydiv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
try this out... download dvd decrypter..

choose iso - write mode....

and burn at 1x - itll still show u that its burning at 4x but thats good..itll probably take a while but its worth it... and get urself a decent dvd thats reputed.. i had the same error and doing this solved the whole thing..

of course you can try a vmware to native install.. search the forums ull find that link. then u dont have to write onto dvd.. it works like a charm too apparently.. hope this helps..

DCF

DCF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
A few things to try before you pull your hair out... one or the other or both

First, set the DVD-Rom drive to master on an 80-conductor cable. Do not attach anything else to that cable. Do not use cable select or slave.

Second, sometimes the drive itself will be picky about media, if a DVD+R gives you the ebios error, use a DVD-R, or the other way around.

I have ran into the problem many times on different machines, give these things a try before you waste your time burning a stack of DVD's.

DCF

n1ck1

n1ck1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have some problem with installing. when i boot the uphuck dvd it says: waiting for root or something similar

DCF

DCF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have some problem with installing. when i boot the uphuck dvd it says: waiting for root or something similar

n1ck1,
You would probably get better help by not asking your question in this thread, as most people here expect to see messages relating to "EBIOS Error During Install DVD Boot", hence the title. Your question does not relate to the conversation in this thread. Don't mean to sound like a jerk... I'd like you to get a solution to your problem but you'll need to ask your question in the right place.

DCF

djfabriciomedeiros

djfabriciomedeiros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:D

Help me !! after install (all ok ) the mac os x86 the message appear A BLACK SCREEN WITH THIS:

CONTINUING DONE
MACH REBOOT

...AND STOP HERE..

I USE THE HACKINTOSHI 10.4.9 V 1.3 VERSION

PROC. AMD X2 4400
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS M2NPV-VM
VIDEO GT 6200 ASUS TURBOCACHE

PLEASE SOMBODY HELP ME !!

msn or email me:
djfabriciomedeiros@msn.com

Thx a lot!

ghost1001

ghost1001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

:censored2:

Help me !! after install (all ok ) the mac os x86 the message appear A BLACK SCREEN WITH THIS:

CONTINUING DONE
MACH REBOOT

...AND STOP HERE..

I USE THE HACKINTOSHI 10.4.9 V 1.3 VERSION

PROC. AMD X2 4400
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS M2NPV-VM
VIDEO GT 6200 ASUS TURBOCACHE

PLEASE SOMBODY HELP ME !!

msn or email me:
djfabriciomedeiros@msn.com

Thx a lot!

i have that same problem too...i already started a thread for tat...but one thing for sure..dont force reboot or else u will get what happened to me...no harddrive to boot from ='(

DukeRaoul

DukeRaoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Power Mac G5 reincarnated as C2D: <br /><br />GA-EP43-UD3l<br />Pentium...
This EBIOS error is not only restricted to DVD booting.

I get this error all the time "EBIOS Read error 0x04" etc - with a fully working installation. It occurs when I go to the Darwin bootloader screen to choose a partition (like windows etc) to boot to. It does not happen if I let the system boot normally, without invoking the F8 bootloader screen.

Usually I get about 5 lines of that EBIOS Read Error junk with various hex addresses, then my bootloader finally pops up. Occasionally I get 6 or more lines of the error, and the bootloader gives up and says "errors encountered booting the system, restarting in 5,4,3,2,1..."

The last time I saw the bootloader work correctly, without the EBIOS Read Error, was immediately after doing an NVIDIA driver update in Windows XP! It worked fine, no errors, for that one reboot. Afterward it resumed the error complaints.
This situation does not typically affect my mac booting, but makes it a hassle to boot into Windows - it takes about 3-4 minutes to wait thru all the errors.

My question is: WTF?

DukeRaoul

DukeRaoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Power Mac G5 reincarnated as C2D: <br /><br />GA-EP43-UD3l<br />Pentium...
UPDATE to the above post/reply:

I no longer have this dreaded EBIOS error when I press F8 to access the bootloader options menu - it seems to have been cured by a BIOS update to my p5ld2-vm. I was using BIOS v1202, and since getting a new CPU (E2140) I had to update the BIOS for better CPU compatibility. Now I'm running v1401, which is an asus beta BIOS. But it has been doing well, better than before, so no beta flaws detected yet.
Maybe the EBIOS error has to do with your mbd BIOS? It has the word "BIOS" in it, after all...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy