Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K) 10.10 - 10.10.1 Yosemite

stinga11

670 posts in this topic

yeah sounds this is a problem with kernel cache.  Try deleting it manually from the installation (in 10.9.5) before you reboot into it for the first time and AFTER you replace/install Stinga's kexts... or even easier, run Kext Wizard - check off System/Library/Extensions under the maintenance tab (with repair permissions and rebuild cache both checked) and point it toward your newly installed Yosemite drive (there's an option at the bottom that says "target disk").

yes i have a thunderbolt card.. i try...

but onmybikedrunk succeed and i see in his profile a thunderbolt card, so...

I can confirm Thunderbolt is kind of working, but ThunderboltHCI causes problems.  It wouldn't even load, but strange my TB Display is working.  I had to delete it in 10.9.5 too cuz it was causing all kinds of slow boot times etc. but all my TB devices worked.. Under the System Profiler it will say "no Thunderbolt drivers loaded" but I'm using an LG TB display which obviously works but at the same time, the TB Ethernet isn't working.  Not sure what the deal is... I'm working on it. 

I've never had a thunderbolt hack but I get the impression that kext doesn't matter too much. We should just make a disabler kext or something. I wonder if you change the ioprobescore to some super high number if it wouldn't have the slow boot problem? Anyone tried that?

Edit: I was misinformed about what ioprobescore does.

I couldn't get the ThunderboltNHI disabler to work. I managed to get it to disable thunderbolt altogether on my MBP (as far as I can tell, I don't have any thunderbolt devices - it says no thunderbolt drivers loaded), but ThunderboltNHI is still loaded which kind of defeats the purpose. I'm posting the kext in case anyone wants to mess with it.

AppleThunderboltNHIDisabler.kext.zip

AppleHDA

Another attempt to see if have some luck with the HDA 1150 x99

1.Delete the original AppleHDA and copy my AppleHDA and my HDAENABLER.
2.Dont use:
chameleon or chimera with HDAEnabler

or
clover with inject audio

or
dsdt HDEF enabler

3.Use my cache rebuild.command reboot the machine.
4.Again use my cache rebuild.command and reboot again.

X99 Audio

• Like 2

Man i am nerd - i actually enjoyed taking the quiz before i could post.  

• Is the recommended procedure still to build Mavericks first then build over with Yosemite?  
  • I have seen some places that say running 2 patches to the kernel and others just say run 1 Patch.  In Stinga post #1 says only use one patch.  Is all of post 1 still applicable or did it get replaced (or nullified) by the guide on post #131
  • Can someone explain what -f kernel flag does.  I have search but never seem to find -f listed as a viable flag

Sam - did you ever get yosemite up and running - what was the fix?

Trying to learn from those that came before me vs. running head first into the same holes.  If i can pull enough of the info together for my first run at it, i will write a simplified guide.  

My HW: x99-deluxe | 5960x | NVidia 640

Man i am nerd - i actually enjoyed taking the quiz before i could post.

• Is the recommended procedure still to build Mavericks first then build over with Yosemite?
  • I have seen some places that say running 2 patches to the kernel and others just say run 1 Patch. In Stinga post #1 says only use one patch. Is all of post 1 still applicable or did it get replaced (or nullified) by the guide on post #131
  • Can someone explain what -f kernel flag does. I have search but never seem to find -f listed as a viable flag

Sam - did you ever get yosemite up and running - what was the fix?

Trying to learn from those that came before me vs. running head first into the same holes. If i can pull enough of the info together for my first run at it, i will write a simplified guide.

My HW: x99-deluxe | 5960x | NVidia 640

1. You don't have to do that, but I would personally do it first just to make sure you get everything going.

2. Don't use any patch except the one stinga has in the op.

3. That flag is for booting without caches in SL and earlier iirc, I forget what it does in later versions of osx.

Follow the guide in post 131 and use stinga's kernel patch in the op and the kexts he posted.

• Like 1

I couldn't get the ThunderboltNHI disabler to work. I managed to get it to disable thunderbolt altogether on my MBP (as far as I can tell, I don't have any thunderbolt devices - it says no thunderbolt drivers loaded), but ThunderboltNHI is still loaded which kind of defeats the purpose. I'm posting the kext in case anyone wants to mess with it.

The Disabler.kext is an very old kext and doesn't works with a 64bit

I used applehdadisabler as a template, which works with 64-bit. It's definitely disabling kexts, just not the one I want.

You can try with this

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#KextsToPatch

It is sometimes necessary to additionally modify a kext's Info.plist. In this case following syntax is used:

<dict>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleHDAController</string>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Patch_to_not_load_this_driver</string>
    <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <string>0x04020000</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <string>0x44220000</string>
</dict>

Side note: The patch is supposed to be done in the cache. If you patch an Info.plist to allow the loading of a kext, then it is not yet present in the cache. You will need to reboot twice. First with the key NoCaches to allow FSInject to load the kext and a second time for the cache to be patched successfully.

AppleHDA

Another attempt to see if have some luck with the HDA 1150 x99

1.Delete the original AppleHDA and copy my AppleHDA and my HDAENABLER.

2.Dont use:

chameleon or chimera with HDAEnabler

or

clover with inject audio

or

dsdt HDEF enabler

3.Use my cache rebuild.command reboot the machine.

4.Again use my cache rebuild.command and reboot again.

X99 Audio

I get ports available in Audio (didn't have before) but using any of them results in errors only

mg4hW6I.jpg

I'm guessing the apsd errors are for iMessage/Facetime?

I get ports available in Audio (didn't have before) but using any of them results in errors only

mg4hW6I.jpg

Once you get Clover going try Toleda's Clover injection method. It has X99 ALC 1150 support now.

Clover autopatch to keep AppleThunderboltNHI from loading:

I haven't tried this yet, but it should work. I patched the kext manually with this and it kept it from loading. I'll test it tommorrow. In the meantime anyone else is free to test it.

<dict>
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>AppleThunderboltNHI</string>
   <key>Comment</key>
   <string>Prevent ATNHI From Loading Part 1</string>
   <true/>
   <key>Find</key>
   <string>0x08800000</string>
   <key>Replace</key>
   <string>0x00000000</string>
</dict>
<dict>
   <key>Name</key>
   <key>Comment</key>
   <string>Prevent ATNHI From Loading Part 2</string>
   <true/>
   <key>Find</key>
   <string>0xffff0000</string>
   <key>Replace</key>
</dict>
<dict>
   <key>Name</key>
   <key>Comment</key>
   <string>Prevent ATNHI From Loading Part 3</string>
   <true/>
   <key>Find</key>
   <string>0x15008086</string>
   <key>Replace</key>
</dict>
<dict>
   <key>Name</key>
   <key>Comment</key>
   <string>Prevent ATNHI From Loading Part 4</string>
   <true/>
   <key>Find</key>
   <string>0xff00ffff</string>
   <key>Replace</key>
</dict>

I also attached a Clover Configurator screenshot for reference.

just a reminder of what Stinga referenced from the Clover wiki: 

The patch is supposed to be done in the cache. If you patch an Info.plist to allow the loading of a kext, then it is not yet present in the cache. You will need to reboot twice. First with the key NoCaches to allow FSInject to load the kext and a second time for the cache to be patched successfully.

P.S.: By the way, the IOATAFamily patch is pretty cool. It sped up the boot time on all my computers - especially my Dell XPS, which went from 60 second boot to about 15 seconds.

post-969691-0-17684000-1414493270_thumb.png

• Like 1

mg4hW6I.jpg

Send me your ioreg

samtimbaud: Make sure you are using latest Asus bios released a few days ago. (1004)

If you are tired of PCI configuration begin, just wait for my guide later today  ;)

This is no longer an issue?

p.s. Someone told me that a new Clover version solved the PCI begin stop. Can you folks here confirm that?

This is no longer an issue?

p.s. Someone told me that a new Clover version solved the PCI begin stop. Can you folks here confirm that?

Go back 2 pages

stinga11 solved the PCI configuration begin issues for 5960x users by using 10.9.4 PCIPlatform and AppleACPIPlatform

Go back 2 pages

stinga11 solved the PCI configuration begin issues for 5960x users by using 10.9.4 PCIPlatform and AppleACPIPlatform

Yeah I know that. He e-mailed me for help, remember (see his posts here) and I replied to him. I told him that I first needed to finish the conversion of the LZSS Panic Dialog images to the new LZVN variants, and that work is done now so I was looking for the a status update… before I waste any time on it.

I also still need to know if this so called Clover fix works or not. To me this is still unconfirmed. Actually. If it had worked then you wouldn't need to replace one or more kexts so...

Yeah I know that. He e-mailed me for help, remember (see his posts here) and I replied to him. I told him that I first needed to finish the conversion of the LZSS Panic Dialog images to the new LZVN variants, and that work is done now so I was looking for the a status update… before I waste any time on it.

I also still need to know if this so called Clover fix works or not. To me this is still unconfirmed. Actually. If it had worked then you wouldn't need to replace one or more kexts so...

Pike thanks for visiting. The last update is, With 10.9.5 kexts works but with a lot of errors and mistake. All errors were resolved in mountain lion by netkas in the source I sent you yesterday(but it does not work with yosemite). Ethernet errors, shut down errors and may be more. This erros is only in the 5960x with others Haswell-E works with natively kexts. 

I've spent 2 hours trying to get clover working now.

Neither current or previous release works for me... always stuck at "root device uuid is:".

The "pci configuration begin" is kind of an unspecified error. Maybe the clover devs fixed another issue like this, related to something else, but our issue was unique to 5960x CPU and I've not seen it discussed elsewhere.