Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

Alizee, the Nvidia beta WebDriver-343.02.03b04 works for 10.10.3 (14D113c) as well as 14D105g.

I checked the info.plist of NVDAStartup.kext and it lists the required OS build number as simply 14D, so I think this means it will only check the first three characters of your OS build number when checking whether the web driver should be allowed to run, thus it works for both 14D105g and 14D113c

• Like 2

Alizee, the Nvidia beta WebDriver-343.02.03b04 works for 10.10.3 (14D113c) as well as 14D105g.

I checked the info.plist of NVDAStartup.kext and it lists the required OS build number as simply 14D, so I think this means it will only check the first three characters of your OS build number when checking whether the web driver should be allowed to run, thus it works for both 14D105g and 14D113c

Oh cool so if i update the gpu should work work fine. awesome ty :)

take a look on the first post of this topic

I saw the links to the drivers just wasnt sure if the driver i already have would with the new security update but as WinLeo pointed it does and it did :)

• Like 1

osx boots and screen goes to sleep before showing the login screen

i have 343.02.03.b04 on 10.10.3  14D113c

i didnt want to run the 10.10.3 beta but had no other choice as 10.10.2 with security update broke the nvidia driver. tried changing the nvidia kext to accept newer osx version with no luck...

somebody said the b04 worked but it didnt for me.... so now i have a beta osx i dont want running on HD4600 on lower resolution.. very cool

a hackintosh with nvidia GTX970 is frustrating.. 

I also have problems with this security update on 2 partitions after updating the two systems (yosemite and a copy of it on another dd)

No specific nvidia drivers installed (only [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 7.2 with GraphicEnabler=yes)

Installed the security update and at the reboot, the grey apple boot screen bar stops à 1/3.

I have a low graphic card (GT610 and a old GT210). So the nvidia driver isn't compatible.

Any suggestion to solve the problem is apprecied. Thanks

I am running 10.10.3 (14D113c) with the Nvidia Web Driver - 343.02.03.b04 and it works perfectly with a EVGA GTX 750ti and P2715Q 4k display connected via displayport.

I am using Clover as my bootloder with 27inch 2012 iMac SMBIOS.

I am running 10.10.3 (14D113c) with the Nvidia Web Driver - 343.02.03.b04 and it works perfectly with a EVGA GTX 750ti and P2715Q 4k display connected via displayport.

I am using Clover as my bootloder with 27inch 2012 iMac SMBIOS.

Could you get 3840x2160 @ 60Hz ?

Yes, 3840x2160 at 60Hz, running in 1440x2560 HiDPi mode it's awesome!

As the display uses Single Stream Transport (SST) so works perfectly out of the box.

Displays that use Multi Stream Transport (MST) are the ones that have lots of issues.

For my Nvidia GTX 980 in 10.10.3 (14D113c) WebDriver-343.02.03b04 works with both 4K monitor and HDMI monitor as well as its DisplayPort audio & HDMI audio at the same time.

That's a great news for me !

Hi,

Can somebody confirm if the driver can output passthrough of DTS-HD-MA or DD TRUE HD? Having issue with the native Yosimite driver getting it. I believed it is not natively supported on OSX.

in fact, it's for both of them ^_^

<key>OS</key>

<string>14C1510</string>

<key>models</key>

<array>

<string>MacPro3,1</string>

<string>MacPro4,1</string>

<string>MacPro5,1</string>

</array>

if you don't have the last build (14C150), you will not be able to install it... but I must to admit that it may be not necessary as we're trying to install it on this latest build... it's just out of habit

about models, it's necessary for all those who don't have smbios macpro5/4/3.1

;)

Not correct because you can mod your info plist of the installer and add your build number.
  • Like 1

@OSBeast

you can mod your info plist of the installer and add your build number.

and you have to fake macpro5/4/3,1   ^_^

you're right but it was not the solution I was talking

if I misspoke, I apologize    :)

All fine on last 10.10.3 14D113c and original stock driver on GTX 750 I got hdmi and hdmi audio finally fully recognized and working!

Using Voodoohda 2.8.7 and on CLover u must set smbios 14,2 if u set 15,1 got black screen out of range

• Like 1

All fine on last 10.10.3 14D113c and original stock driver on GTX 750 I got hdmi and hdmi audio finally fully recognized and working!

Using Voodoohda 2.8.7 and on CLover u must set smbios 14,2 if u set 15,1 got black screen out of range

You aren't using the web driver with the GTX 750 on 10.10.3? and somehow getting hdmi and hdmi audio out of the card??

• Like 1

Yes Ryan, wedriver is installed, since I'm coming from 10.10.2 and old driver so I updated to 10.10.3 build and then installed 10.10.3 web driver but it works if web driver is set to stock osx driver and all works fine display, and hdmi audio. Hope it works for you

• Like 1

Yes Ryan, wedriver is installed, since I'm coming from 10.10.2 and old driver so I updated to 10.10.3 build and then installed 10.10.3 web driver but it works if web driver is set to stock osx driver and all works fine display, and hdmi audio. Hope it works for you

This is really tempting me to get 10.10.3 now. HDMI Audio has been my kryptonite, everything else with my machine is pretty stable. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Just registered to say thanks. I'm not on a hackintosh, but an Early 2009 Mac Mini, which has been plagued by display troubles, GUI going wild and log showing entries "kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = Graphics Engine Error (GR Error 5)"

I think these began with Mavericks, and kludge cure was to edit AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to alter thresholds (another hackintosh solution), and later on disable the kext altogether. Display would still blink occasionall but with these drivers installed I've yet to see such. So, I'll be paying attention to this thread :)

(Yosemite 10.10.3)

Just removed my kludge cure (LaunchDaemon that renames aforementioned kext to .disabled, if found) and played a game of Farm Heroes Saga as flash seems to cause trouble, this far with kext enabled, no trouble :)

• Like 2

Just updated to 346.01.01f01 on EVGA GTX 970 and hdmi audio is working again.

Yeah, same here with 346.01.01f01 on Gainward GT 730 1Gb, :thumbsup_anim:  ! (and HDMIAudio.kext)

I was loosing hope  since that card, despite being a Kepler, isn't recognized by the stock NVIDIA Apple's kexts ! :rolleyes:

• Like 2